Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with terrible frames. PLZ :(

RydekRydek Member Posts: 35

Ok since i got it i have had nothing but terrible performance no matter what i do "10-20 fps".

So i was hoping someone can help me thanks :)

Here are my Specs

Mobo- Asus p6t7 supercomputer ws

Cpu- Intel Core i7 975 at clock settings

Gpu- Ati 5870 in crossfire

Ram- Corsair 6gb ddr3 1600mhz

Psu- Corsair 1000w

Ati driver 10.9

So yeh any help would be great thanks :) :)

Comments

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

Couple things that helped on my ATI -

Turn off or lower Multisampling and turn AA Transparency off to test.

Confirm Buffer size is set to: Resolution (was on Double for me as default, which just killed FPS)

Turn off Windows Aero:

Click Start button, type Personalization

Click Personalization

Scroll down and click Windows 7 Basic

Vista instructions are similar I think.

Could also try disabling Depth of Field and Occlusion. Mostly occlusion since you can probably run with depth enabled but try it to see what happens with performance.

What resolution are you running game at?

• TheEmpyrealTheEmpyreal Member Posts: 65

Theoretically, your computer should be running the game no problem.

The graphics(and possibly the sound) engine is poorly optimized and doesn't seem to work well on a lot of computers that can laugh off graphics intensive games yet it will, seemingly randomly, run fine on someone's hoopty.

You could take a gamble and buy new videocards, more ram, etc but there's no guarantee it's gonna run fine on the newly upgraded system, even if you went out and bought a top of the line pc.  I tested the client on three different pc's, of which one is the definition of state of the art and had poor performance on all of them.  The best part being that my best pc had about the same framerate as my file-woman-of-the-street pc.

You can drop your settings to the bare minimum in the out-of-program customizer, best I can recommend for you.  Just hope they optimize the graphics engine sooner than later.

• RydekRydek Member Posts: 35

Im running windows 7 64bit and in game im fullscreen with 1920x1080.

I have played age of conan since launch but recently built my new pc and so far it plays every game without a problem full settings AOC on full everything but this game just wont play fair not sure why, my pc is a beast :/

Maybe the game is just built badly but im a huge FF fan thats why i got this game :/

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by Rydek

I have played age of conan since launch but recently built my new pc and so far it plays every game without a problem full settings AOC on full everything but this game just wont play fair not sure why, my pc is a beast :/

Maybe the game is just built badly but im a huge FF fan thats why i got this game :/

you should be fine >.> i know someone in linkshel with a 965 be and a 5850 that gets 40-60 frames every where shut off occlusions and dont go higher than 4 times aa. im going to bulld the pc he has in december >< i already have a 5850 but only have a a 940 cpu.

the gfx are gfx card intensive and the Characters are cpu intensive

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Have you tried disabling crossfire?

Crossfire/SLI do cause problems in many games, specially games that are not designed for that setup.

It might not solve all your issues, but might give you a slight boost in performance.

The game engine, while really good looking, is also really fubar. You may just want to drop the resolution for the time being and maybe they will have this all sorted out in the near future (SE or maybe even a new AMD driver... man that feels wrong.... i'll never get used to calling it an AMD Radeon....)

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Originally posted by fyerwall

Have you tried disabling crossfire?

Crossfire/SLI do cause problems in many games, specially games that are not designed for that setup.

It might not solve all your issues, but might give you a slight boost in performance.

O Try this crossfire doesnt work atm But you shouldnt need it

• RydekRydek Member Posts: 35

Thanks for the tips guys going to try them after the gym fingers crossed so yeh thanks guys and i will get back to you all later on thanks again :)

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

Originally posted by Rydek

It's not necessarily the game. I know that is the handy favored response of some. "This code sucks that code sucks, blahddy blah." How many of us around here actually know "good code" examples and practices if we see it. I don't.

I'm running fine on two boxes at home one ATI and one Nvidia 465. My friends on lesser machine's than yours are running fine too, though lower res.

I had to tweak some default's, but runs as good as Conan does on nearly max settings so... It's not just the "game code".

Turning off names (/names) seems to help in the Camp sites where you have 30umpteen characters standing around. Or maybe it's my perception because seeing all that jumbled text is a distraction.

If you try my earlier suggestions let me know if they are helpful or impact situation at all.

As a side note Defraggler (3rd party defrag tool) might help somewhat if you feel it's stuttering. The install made a mess of my game drive.