Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will EA burn SWTOR players too?

2»

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

DrGreen made a bad decision and is now paying the consequences. It's a golden opportunity in life that you actually get compensated for making a bad decision. Take your 25% and go.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

Originally posted by DrGreenbacks

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Just got burned by EA on APB. Are they going to burn people who buy SWTOR as well??

I find it funny that you are no on some personal EA rant. You should also do some resource and you will find that Bioware is owned outright by EA so if anything did happen with SWTOR then EA would be soley reliable for it.

I can just about bet money that if EA had there way they would have scoped up Realtime Worlds and kept APB running if the price was within reasion. But the simple fact that the administration had apprased and was asking for over $100 million for APB put it squarely outside of most companies buying / risk range.

I'm not on a rant. I'm just following up on what I already promised EA that I would do. It's follow through. People have a right to know what EA's customer's service is like so that they can make better decisions than myself.

REading about people who bought APB makes me laugh.  The more they post about it, the  more embarrasing it is for them.

• DrGreenbacksDrGreenbacks Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by FreddyNoNose

Originally posted by Thomas2006

Just got burned by EA on APB. Are they going to burn people who buy SWTOR as well??

I find it funny that you are no on some personal EA rant. You should also do some resource and you will find that Bioware is owned outright by EA so if anything did happen with SWTOR then EA would be soley reliable for it.

I can just about bet money that if EA had there way they would have scoped up Realtime Worlds and kept APB running if the price was within reasion. But the simple fact that the administration had apprased and was asking for over $100 million for APB put it squarely outside of most companies buying / risk range.

I'm not on a rant. I'm just following up on what I already promised EA that I would do. It's follow through. People have a right to know what EA's customer's service is like so that they can make better decisions than myself.

REading about people who bought APB makes me laugh.  The more they post about it, the  more embarrasing it is for them.

I hear you man. The jokes on me, but I'm not embarrassed. Why should I be embarrassed that a highly hyped game turned out to be garbage?

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

How would you feel if something like this happened to you after buying a single player game that requires server connection (like DRM) in order to play?

Just for the sake of an argument, Imagine few months after the release servers go down and developers decide it is to expensive for them to fix or keep running those servers. So you paid for the game and by developers mistake/decision your game has been figuratively taken away from you.

Would you feel you are entitled to a money refund in that case?

Would it piss you off if developers reponded to your refund request in a manner:

"Dear customer, unfortunately you have purchased this game early at the release thus enjoying it for several months already and so we can't accept your request. Perhaps 25% discount coupon on our next game?"

And how is APB case different from the example above?

I didn't buy APB but reading this thread those questions came to my mind and I think if I did spend money on this game I would be very disappointed with customer service. Even if they offered me another game from their shop that would still mean I am not entitled to a refund and have to spend that money on their other game, and maybe just maybe I had my eyes on a game from another developer. 

Or did I get this whole APB thing all wrong?

• thepeasant98thepeasant98 Member Posts: 215

Originally posted by gotha

To be honest agree above,

EA owes you nothing.

Bioware is owned by EA,  so in that case they do.

APB not owned by EA,  they are just the publisher.  I actually think they are being kind by give you a free game in exchange.

If Ea had not done what they did..The future of buying a Online game will have a negative impact for any developers who try to put a New game out..Oh sure we sell the game for $100 but then we closed the online game down becasue of x,y,z..Is not a good enough reason not to refund...

• ShiymmasShiymmas Member UncommonPosts: 587

Man, reading this and Green's other thread, I absolutely cannot believe how obvious troll isn't obvious...

...successful troll is successful, though.  Good laugh!

Seriously, if this post of his didn't clue everyone in, maybe pointing it out will?  Eh, let's see how long this one goes before lock...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    George Bernard Shaw

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
    Oscar Wilde

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

EA gives people a free game and some still whine like 5 year olds. How awesome is that ? EA was the publisher, they didn't have to do anything. Believe me there is no major love for EA here but when they do something nice for people it should be worth noting.

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by Wizardry

No that game by NCSOFT was shorter,they wanted to scam Garriot of a promised wage/salary of 20+ million and his brothers position in the compnay as well.

EA caught for scamming workers of wages [overtime] i can only imagine that PROOF had to be provided and the workers only got what they had proof for,i am sure a lot was never put into the books.

Ea recently laid off a ton of workers,they don't care if yesterday you helped make them millions,if tommorrow they see a decline,the heirarchy will lose their bonuses,so they can as many as needed.I wouldn't trust not only EA nor NCSOFT but any of these game developers.We need much better gaming laws to protect the consumer just as good as the developers are protected.

Steam is another company in line for some massive,negative feedback they are true scammers as well.

Agreed on NCSoft and EA, but Steam is only the name of a platform developped by Valve. You could have said "Frogs are not known for being red" and it would have made more sense.  Sorry you got caught hacking and had your steam services shut down. With games like Portal, Team Fortress and Half Life, you will have a hard time convincing people that valve are scammers. Pay 1 time 20$ for a game and it still gets massive updates 3years later. Find better, i dare you.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Locking this thread as well.

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.