Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA response to consumer about APB

124»

Comments

• DrGreenbacksDrGreenbacks Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by Benthon

Originally posted by DrGreenbacks

Originally posted by jackmcleod

Way to mislead readers by posting your emails in a bottom-up fashion. The only reason I can think of doing this is to falsely incite rage toward EA. Troll. ><

I am in no way trying to mislead readers. I posted the email in the exact way it is presented. That's how emails read, bottom up. There is not intent to deceive. I am not trolling. I am just trying to share my experience with EA customer service. I don't understand where the hostility is coming from. I don't have an issue with you.

Let me explain something simple.

In Europe and North America, texts are read this way:

LEFT TO RIGHT

TOP TO BOTTOM

People read your posts, not your emails.

Also my emails always read top to bottom. I use Gmail.

You're right. You won the argument, let's move on.

So this thread is over and this thread is a troll thread now?

I am not a troll.

Originally posted by WeaponX

Originally posted by kalinis

Ea didnt make this game It wasnt created by ea. It was just published by them what about this dont u understand.

Ea gave sims online almost 4 yrs. Bioware mythis has 2 mmos i know of at this moment still live.

As for reviews of sw tor they are just at the start of beta with release not schedule for over 6 months. Why would u let a magazine review u at this time.

come febuary march maybe now never. Right now they are dong small closed beta/'s Its not diffrent then how blizzard handles things.

Once they get to a stage they feel comfotable withim sure bioware/mythic will let the media review this game. They arent stupid they know what a positive review on beta would mean to there sales.

Apb was put out by a small stuido with limitied resources. Sw tor is put out by bioware a gaming giant in conosole rpgs . Much like blizzard the have the resources to give sw tor the time to grow all new mmos need.

When you see "EA" on the box are you going to proceed with caution??

Maybe but when I see a topic with DRGREENBACKS as the OP I am going to read it for a laugh.

Thanks for being a fan, lol.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

I am not trying to get you on my side. Just look at the facts. Do you trust EA after reading this story about their customer service? Do you feel better about the prospects of future purchases. When you see EA on the box, are you going to think, hey this is a great company that treats their customers right?

After reading this post I can safely say that my opinion of EA has not changed in anyway and I don't not think I am suddenly going to get ripped off if I buy a product that has EA stamped on it.

After reading this thread I do have a lower opinion of you and have a reafirmed position that people should research products before they buy them, including video games.

They offered me a free game then retracted the offer! Seriously!! read the post.

I am in no way trying to mislead readers. I posted the email in the exact way it is presented. That's how emails read, bottom up. There is not intent to deceive. I am not trolling. I am just trying to share my experience with EA customer service. I don't understand where the hostility is coming from. I don't have an issue with you.

Pretty sure you're trying to mislead readers.

I'm not trying to mislead anyone. Please stop saying that.

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by jackmcleod

Way to mislead readers by posting your emails in a bottom-up fashion. The only reason I can think of doing this is to falsely incite rage toward EA. Troll. ><

Let me explain something simple.

In Europe and North America, texts are read this way:

LEFT TO RIGHT

TOP TO BOTTOM

People read your posts, not your emails.

Also my emails always read top to bottom. I use Gmail.

You're right. You won the argument, let's move on.

So this thread is over and this thread is a troll thread now?

I'm a troll, you're a troll kiss me *smootch* *smootch* and ill turn into a prince, suddenly....

OH wait don't kiss trolls, kiss frogs instead :

30 seconds in (love that number 30) :)

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

I am not trying to get you on my side. Just look at the facts. Do you trust EA after reading this story about their customer service? Do you feel better about the prospects of future purchases. When you see EA on the box, are you going to think, hey this is a great company that treats their customers right?

After reading this post I can safely say that my opinion of EA has not changed in anyway and I don't not think I am suddenly going to get ripped off if I buy a product that has EA stamped on it.

After reading this thread I do have a lower opinion of you and have a reafirmed position that people should research products before they buy them, including video games.

Well I'm glad you're position is reaffirmed, but, I don't believe that you are going to look at EA the same way ever again. You are now going to fear getting burned. Every time you look at a box with the EA stamped on it you will remember this thread. Trust me.

They offered me a free game then retracted the offer! Seriously!! read the post.

You're not?

Then how come with your original post put in reverse order when someone mentioned that you were told about it being only for people who purchased after 7/15 you replied "They only informed me of the fact that I was not going to get download after they offered me another game."  Which is in fact not true at all now is it? Since the first e-mail you got back informed you of the 7/15 rule.

You also said this in a later post "They offered me a free game then retracted the offer! Seriously!! read the post." 

Those are both unaltered quotes of your text.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

www.bbb.org File a complaint...

Also RTW Broke their own TOS, and agreement many times with its customers. I had over 3 months of play time, which was never refunded, a total of about 12 months once I finished selling my crap I had tons of rtw points, and the game i purchased from steam although I did purchase on release date.

They still did not inform me tyhat their services were going down 30 days before they did.

You're not?

Then how come with your original post put in reverse order when someone mentioned that you were told about it being only for people who purchased after 7/15 you replied "They only informed me of the fact that I was not going to get download after they offered me another game."  Which is in fact not true at all now is it? Since the first e-mail you got back informed you of the 7/15 rule.

You also said this in a later post "They offered me a free game then retracted the offer! Seriously!! read the post." 

You are missing the point. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you. I'm not sure if you could wrap your little brain around the concept of EA treating its consumers awfully, and not fulfilling contracts. 

Well I'm glad you're position is reaffirmed, but, I don't believe that you are going to look at EA the same way ever again. You are now going to fear getting burned. Every time you look at a box with the EA stamped on it you will remember this thread. Trust me.

Nope I in fact will not. Your thread accomplished nothing because of how you approached the topic, how you tried to mislead readers, and how you then made a following troll post on SW:tOR section of the forums.

If you had approached it in a manner where you showed a section of their EULA that they broke which means you are entitled to a refund, that would of been different. But you did not do that.

I research all games before I ever buy them. I make sure it is likely to be a game I will enjoy and that I am aware of any issues it has. I also do not preorder MMOs or play them before there is a free trial. This means I can not get burned by an MMO, it is not possible. And since a single player game doesn't hit a situation where it can no longer be played, I am at zero risk to ever be burned in this way by a video game. By being a smart consumer, I remove the risk.

If you need to lie to yourself (like you lied to the readers of this thread about the situation as it happened) to feel better about your posting crusade then more power to you. But I doubt you have even managed to change 1 person's opinion with all of this simply because of how you acted.

You're not?

You are missing the point. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you. I'm not sure if you could wrap your little brain around the concept of EA treating its consumers awfully, and not fulfilling contracts. 

I missing the point by showing proof that you tried to mislead readers after saying you did not try to mislead readers by making the original post out of order and then using those e-mails out of order to try to say they offered you a free game and then took it away? Oh please do bother explaining this one because I can't wait.

Nope I in fact will not. Your thread accomplished nothing because of how you approached the topic, how you tried to mislead readers, and how you then made a following troll post on SW:tOR section of the forums.

If you had approached it in a manner where you showed a section of their EULA that they broke which means you are entitled to a refund, that would of been different. But you did not do that.

I research all games before I ever buy them. I make sure it is likely to be a game I will enjoy and that I am aware of any issues it has. I also do not preorder MMOs or play them before there is a free trial. This means I can not get burned by an MMO, it is not possible. And since a single player game doesn't hit a situation where it can no longer be played, I am at zero risk to ever be burned in this way by a video game. By being a smart consumer, I remove the risk.

If you need to lie to yourself (like you lied to the readers of this thread about the situation as it happened) to feel better about your posting crusade then more power to you. But I doubt you have even managed to change 1 person's opinion with all of this simply because of how you acted.

Thanks for pointing out the EULA piece. You are a superior consumer to myself, clearly. I did not lie to anyone. Please don't call me a liar. I GUARANTEE that APB changed people's minds about EA. I am certain of it. Nevertheless, thank you for your hate. 

You're not?

I missing the point by showing proof that you tried to mislead readers after saying you did not try to mislead readers by making the original post out of order and then using those e-mails out of order to try to say they offered you a free game and then took it away? Oh please do bother explaining this one because I can't wait.

You're wasting your time.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

You're not?

You've gotten yourself riled up over your own lie. What you're saying here is that EA lied and cheated you and point to the OP as the proof, saying they offered you a game and took it away. What we see is a poor decision to buy this game and blantant attempt to fool readers into agreeing with you.

And about your EA thing... my view hasn't changed at all. I'll still buy EA if they have a game I want, and your psychological warfare to make me subconsciously choose differently by remembering this thread, won't make a difference. I like EA, sorry.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Thanks for pointing out the EULA piece. You are a superior consumer to myself, clearly. I did not lie to anyone. Please don't call me a liar. I GUARANTEE that APB changed people's minds about EA. I am certain of it. Nevertheless, thank you for your hate. 

Just as a lot of people change their minds about something everyday. Whoopie-do, EA loses a undiscernable amount of customers. If APB failed because they had nobody playing, they obviously don't have very many people to offend. You made the decision to buy the game and now you're paying the consequences. The buck stops at you.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

Just as a lot of people change their minds about something everyday. Whoopie-do, EA loses a undiscernable amount of customers. If APB failed because they had nobody playing, they obviously don't have very many people to offend. You made the decision to buy the game and now you're paying the consequences. The buck stops at you.

Will it affect the success of SWTOR?? 

I  did not lie to anyone. Please don't call me a liar.

Since you did lie, therefore making you a liar, I will continure to refer to you as one until you can prove how my earlier post which quoted you and showed you lying to people by saying you were offered a free game and then that offer was taken away (which did not happen which in turn is the definition of a lie) was not you lying.

Feel free to keep ignoring it and saying "I'm not going to bother explaining" when it is obvious to everyone how you lied.

I  did not lie to anyone. Please don't call me a liar.

Since you did lie, therefore making you a liar, I will continure to refer to you as one until you can prove how my earlier post which quoted you and showed you lying to people by saying you were offered a free game and then that offer was taken away (which did not happen which in turn is the definition of a lie) was not you lying.

Feel free to keep ignoring it and saying "I'm not going to bother explaining" when it is obvious to everyone how you lied.

I am not a liar. Please stop calling me a liar. You are being mean spirited an nasty. Look at your picture dude. It's about the nastiest looking meanie I could imagine. I'm done talking to you.

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

I keep re-reading the OP but I can't understand what is so crazy about this.  I don't see how this is terrible customer service...sorry if I'm missing something.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Locked:  Trolling, Flaming

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.