Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA response to consumer about APB

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

A publisher is only liable in a few instances...

1) a  publisher is more liable for a defective advertised product if the publisher expressly guarantees or endorses the item in an official publisher review or written statement distributed with the item.

2) publisher was directly involved in manufacturing or creating the product or supplying the physical defective products to the public

So good luck getting your lawsuit against EA

Originally posted by DrGreenbacks

the system protects you from breach of contract as well.

But as stated before in bankruptcy all contract are void expect ones created by the bankruptcy proceedings.

• DrGreenbacksDrGreenbacks Member Posts: 214

Originally posted by elminses

Dude you bought before 7/15 they aren't going to give you the money back.

I would suggest that if you used a credit card, you call the company and have the transaction reversed. I know here in Wisconsin you can reverse a credit payment up to 6 months after it was made, Specially if you have proof that the service or item you bought isn't to a satisfactory level.

Just a heads up. Always use a credit card vs a debit card, Debit cards have no protection once the money is gone.

They only informed me of the fact that I was not going to get download after they offered me another game.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

If they don't rectify the situation, I'm going to file a class action lawsuit. I have plenty of resources and don't like getting burned.

Let us know how that works out, I'm guessing not good and then you will be a lot further in the hole then $60.

I like how in his first email he asked for a refund or a free game...so they offer him a free game and he is still complaining...lol

Originally posted by Horusra

I like how in his first email he asked for a refund or a free game...so they offer him a free game and he is still complaining...lol

They offered me a free game then retracted the offer! Seriously!! read the post.

• NyQuil81NyQuil81 Member Posts: 101

They offered me a free game then retracted the offer! Seriously!! read the post.

They most certainly did NOT offer you a free game.  Reading your OP again, I see the first message sent from them on the 27th, talking about the free game, says this : " If you purchased the game after 7/15/2010 then you are eligible for this offer and can select any game you would wish with a couple of exceptions as noted below:"

In the first letter you sent to them, you clearly state you bought the game on 6/28.  Therefore, the offer clearly did not apply to you, and they offered you the compensation that they give to EVERYONE who bought before 7/15.  A 25% discount.  Just clarifying, they did not in fact offer you a game because you did not meet the criteria.

read your order of emails wrong....but what the guy above me said...in the first email there is a qualifier to get the free game.

Originally posted by NyQuil81

They most certainly did NOT offer you a free game.  Reading your OP again, I see the first message sent from them on the 27th, talking about the free game, says this : " If you purchased the game after 7/15/2010 then you are eligible for this offer and can select any game you would wish with a couple of exceptions as noted below:"

In the first letter you sent to them, you clearly state you bought the game on 6/28.  Therefore, the offer clearly did not apply to you, and they offered you the compensation that they give to EVERYONE who bought before 7/15.  A 25% discount.  Just clarifying, they did not in fact offer you a game because you did not meet the criteria.

The criteria was a change in policy that followed the article from massively.com

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

If they don't rectify the situation, I'm going to file a class action lawsuit. I have plenty of resources and don't like getting burned.

If you have plenty of resources, why are you complaining over $50? Clearly, your decision making skills are lacking because

1. You bought APB in the first place

2. You treat a CSR like sh*t hoping for them to bow down to you and give you what you want.

3. Instead of trying other avenues, you go straight to filing a lawsuit.

You must be new money. Inheritance from a dead relative.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

The criteria was a change in policy that followed the article from massively.com

I'd just like to point out that the reviews of the game were not released until 7 days after the game was out. I am 100% certain that EA is aware of this and formed their policy based on the low review scores coming out a week after release. Most people who purchased the game did so BEFORE 7/15. If they did not plan on giving me another game then why even mention it in the email??

Originally posted by Benthon

If you have plenty of resources, why are you complaining over $50? Clearly, your decision making skills are lacking because

1. You bought APB in the first place

2. You treat a CSR like sh*t hoping for them to bow down to you and give you what you want.

3. Instead of trying other avenues, you go straight to filing a lawsuit.

You must be new money. Inheritance from a dead relative.

Thanks for the valid insight.

Where is this policy from before?  What is it?

Thems the breaks.  Point is, the emails were all very clear.  They didn't appear to try to decieve you at all, or lie to you.  They just told you their policy, changed as it may be, and even offered you some compensation in the form of a discount even though you didnt meet their statute of limitations.  Yet your multiple threads blasting EA seem to imply that they are being intentionally deceptive and mean to you.  No, you got the standard big company customer service.  You would think folks would be used to this by now and not lose their heads ranting about lawsuits.

read your order of emails wrong....but what the guy above me said...in the first email there is a qualifier to get the free game.

Clever trick from EA isn't it? I read the email correctly  from the start; however, they did ask me to choose a game for downloading, didn't they??

Thems the breaks.  Point is, the emails were all very clear.  They didn't appear to try to decieve you at all, or lie to you.  They just told you their policy, changed as it may be, and even offered you some compensation in the form of a discount even though you didnt meet their statute of limitations.  Yet your multiple threads blasting EA seem to imply that they are being intentionally deceptive and mean to you.  No, you got the standard big company customer service.  You would think folks would be used to this by now and not lose their heads ranting about lawsuits.

Why are you ok with this? Why do you think it's fair? Why are you buying into the company line? Just curious.

• tabarjacktabarjack Member UncommonPosts: 249

Don't forget reviews were not allowed until a week after the game's release date.

Doesn't that make it obvious that the game is going to suck.

Any game that thinks their game is not up to par will now allow reviews of the game during beta, and will not allow content posting. See SW:TOR.

Now that game said no reviews until a week after launch? I had given up on even trying the game when I saw EA, but that would have made me laugh even more should i have known ;)

You are right. But they did ask me to submit a list of games. I clearly stated that I bought the game prior to 7/15.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

You are right, but it's very poor customer service. I want to share this with the world.

Poor customer service for not caving to you but offering you tons of options in between?

this is why i hate working with the public.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Ok u dont deserve your money back. Ea published the game period they didnt develop or design it. This game got horrid reviews at the start when it first came out and people still went and bought it. it was a niche game by a small stuidio with limited resources. Id say go after the studio hat ran the game but they went bankrupt.

Ea owes u nothing the fact they are given u a 25 pct refund is to there credit. Really people u took a chance on a game with bad reveiws by a small stuidio with limited resources. What did u expect.

Read the www.massively.com article.

Clever trick from EA isn't it? I read the email correctly  from the start; however, they did ask me to choose a game for downloading, didn't they??

No, they didnt!  Didnt we cover this?  The timeline of emails in your OP runs from bottom to top. 

"We understand that you purchased APB and since the game is no longer available to play, you'd like us to refund the purchase amount you spent on it. While refunding the amount is not possible in this case, as a refund to what you've lost, we're offering you a free game from EA Store "http://eastore.ea.com". If you purchased the game after 7/15/2010 then you are eligible for this offer and can select any game you would wish with a couple of exceptions as noted below:"

Here they explicitly state that IF you bought the game after 7/15, you get a new one.  And they tell you how to submit proof of date of purchase.  Here is your response:

" I do have an html file from my steam account that clearly labels the June 29th purchase."  "If possible I'd like Dragon age: Awakenings as my first choice."

You tell them that you dont meet their criteria, then ask for a game.  They respond with:

" In this case, we must limit the offer to purchases within 60 days of the game's closure date. As your purchase did occur before 7/15/10, we will be unable to provide further compensation in this regard.

Please understand that we do value you as a customer and as a show of our appreciation, we would like to provide you with a coupon good towards 25% off a future purchase from the EA Online Store."

What is so unclear about this timeline of events?  EA has standard customer service responses, you got all of them yet seemed to ignore their content.  This is not their fault.

The clever trick seems to be that you could not read and understand the first email.  They provided the download IF YOU BOUGHT AFTER THE DATE THEY PROVIDED IN THE EMAIL. 

Originally posted by gotha

You are right, but it's very poor customer service. I want to share this with the world.

Poor customer service for not caving to you but offering you tons of options in between?

this is why i hate working with the public.

You're right. Working with the public can be difficult if you're company is crapping all over it's customers.

Read the www.massively.com article.

http://www.massively.com/2010/09/27/ea-giving-free-game-to-disgruntled-apb-buyers/

Only article I see...and it says nothing about policy.

This discussion has been closed.