Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 Searies That IMO Would Make Good MMOs!

I'am sure a post like this has been done many times over.. But i still really wanted to share my opinions with other MMO players to think of what they thought.. And maybe to hear some of the searies you guys would like to see make it as MMO game.. Please ignore my grammar, i was always bad about that.. And for some reason MMORPG.com's spell check dosn't work on fire-fox so there's gonna be some spelling mistakes, but w/e.. :) Enjoy!

1)Mass Effect

If you ask me this popular video game searies would defiantly make the transition to a MMORPG. Bio Ware has put a lot of work into makeing Mass Effect's universe as beleive as it is and the lore is already there. Mass Effect includes several different and beleiveable species (Quarians, Turians, Krogans, Ect) that'd make perfect classes for a MMORPG; most of the labor is already done for this game!

Let's not forget the game is made by Bio Ware.. Depending on the success of SWTOR there is a slight chance this might see the light of day.. I'am sure they would defiantly want to put a close on the searies first [Mass Effect1&2] before they'd think about makeing a MMORPG out of it, but still its fun to speculate.

2)Gundam Wing

I always loved the Gundam Wing searies and that says a lot because I'm not a huge anime buff.. I also always thought MMO's have been missing out on a good online mech game. I know there are some out there (might actually already be a Gundam MMO i don't know about lol) but not one i've played or heard good things about.. I think if a good company got a hold of the Gundam Wing name and actually developed a good PvP-ish MMO involved around customizeing you're mechs parts and appearences then we'd have a awsome game!

PvP would really have to be a given with this MMORPG as Gundam Wing includes some epic battles in the anime searies, but also a very mature plot line.. PvE would be a challange I imagine but i'am sure a company could think of something.. But yeah, the day a Gundam Wing MMORPG that involves mass PvP comes out is the day i'll be a happy man!

3) AvP

I guess i'll be the first one to admit i was a little disapointed when i heard the Alien's MMORPG wouldn't be comeing out.. Even though i might be alone with that disapointment i think AvP would make a great MMORPG! The recent AVP console game that came out just dosn't do the Alien Vs Predator searies any justice.. It dosn't hold a candle to the old AvP shooter game that we all played and loved years back..

Still, i think it'd be awsome to start off in a MMO as a baby alien and maybe work you're way up to the kick ass huge Alien from Aliens (2nd movie i think lol.) Also explaining the Predators back story and maybe exploreing their world and eventually takeing to space to hunt down other speacies would be epic. Throw in a human class (don't know how popular it'd be) and you could have awsome Faction Vrs Faction Vrs Faction PvP!

So yeah those are my top 3 favorite searies i'd love to see make the transition to MMO's.. What do you guys think? Any searies of you're own that you'd like to see make it?

Currently Playing:
Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

Comments

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

My thoughts;

Mass Effect - Obvious gold right there.

Gundam Wing - Maybe. I'd expect a lot of generic mechs and no real unique ones beyond boss fights. No use of primary characters from the series, just settings and background lore. It'd basically just be a mech-game using the IP as a foothold.

AvP - Playing aliens would suck, pretty much being the klingons of STO and lack the depth that the Predator side could have. There's a lot going on in Pred society that I think can one can deep out on, so there's a lot of meat to use... but the life of an Alien seems about as boring as a spider in the corner of your room. Spawn > hunt > die.

I can't make up my mind on what IP's would be awesome, so I'll just leave it at that.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by Unreal024

Mass Effect: On it's way, called SWTOR.

*throws holy water on you*

Blaspheme!

Mass Effect's universe, combat and depth cannot be matched by this SW:ToR thing you are going on about. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by thinking otherwise.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Lost sandbox MMORPG FTW! AMIRITE? AMIRITE?

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

Originally posted by psyknx

Hah, sure why not, that shows horrible writting would lend itself pretty well to the quality of mmo stories we see, it most certainly wouldn't have any end-game either, be just like the show!

• malisayokamalisayoka Member Posts: 5

I would like to see a Devil May Cry MMO and Starcraft MMO.

• mutombo55mutombo55 Member Posts: 151

The word is "series" not "searies".

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Out of those three the only one that makes sense is ME. THAT would be a great mmo.

But I think Elder Scrolls and Forgotten Realms D&D would be great also. For obvious reasons.

• AntaranAntaran Member Posts: 579

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

I'am sure a post like this has been done many times over.. But i still really wanted to share my opinions with other MMO players to think of what they thought.. And maybe to hear some of the searies you guys would like to see make it as MMO game.. Please ignore my grammar, i was always bad about that.. And for some reason MMORPG.com's spell check dosn't work on fire-fox so there's gonna be some spelling mistakes, but w/e.. :) Enjoy!

1)Mass Effect

If you ask me this popular video game searies would defiantly make the transition to a MMORPG. Bio Ware has put a lot of work into makeing Mass Effect's universe as beleive as it is and the lore is already there. Mass Effect includes several different and beleiveable species (Quarians, Turians, Krogans, Ect) that'd make perfect classes for a MMORPG; most of the labor is already done for this game!

Let's not forget the game is made by Bio Ware.. Depending on the success of SWTOR there is a slight chance this might see the light of day.. I'am sure they would defiantly want to put a close on the searies [Mass Effect1&2] before they'd think about makeing a MMORPG out of it, but still its fun to speculate.

2)Gundam Wing

I always loved the Gundam Wing searies and that says a lot because I'm not a huge anime buff.. I also always thought MMO's have been missing out on a good online mech game. I know there are some out there (might actually already be a Gundam MMO i don't know about lol) but not one i've played or heard good things about.. I think if a good company got a hold of the Gundam Wing name and actually developed a good PvP-ish MMO involved around customizeing you're mechs parts and appearences then we'd have a awsome game!

PvP would really have to be a given with this MMORPG as Gundam Wing includes some epic battles in the anime searies, but also a very mature plot line.. PvE would be a challange I imagine but i'am sure a company could think of something.. But yeah, the day a Gundam Wing MMORPG that involves mass PvP comes out is the day i'll be a happy man!

3) AvP

I guess i'll be the first one to admit i was a little disapointed when i heard the Alien's MMORPG wouldn't be comeing out.. Even though i might be alone with that disapointment i think AvP would make a great MMORPG! The recent AVP console game that came out just dosn't do the Alien Vs Predator searies any justice.. It dosn't hold a candle to the old AvP shooter game that we all played and loved years back..

Still, i think it'd be awsome to start off in a MMO as a baby alien and maybe work you're way up to the kick ass huge Alien from Aliens (2nd movie i think lol.) Also explaining the Predators back story and maybe exploreing their world and eventually takeing to space to hunt down other speacies would be epic. Throw in a human class (don't know how popular it'd be) and you could have awsome Faction Vrs Faction Vrs Faction PvP!

So yeah those are my top 3 favorite searies i'd love to see make the transition to MMO's.. What do you guys think? Any searies of you're own that you'd like to see make it?

For Mass Effect a big HELL YEAH!!!! from me, i'm late into playign the games as only just started 3 days ago (i feel ashamed of my tardiness as i'm a bioware game fan), i heard that Mass Effect is part of a trilogy so we can probably expect a 3rd one before any thoughts or rumours etc on an MMO of it. but yeah, from what i've seen specifically in ME2 there are great options for an MMO.

Gundam i won't comment on as i've never been a fan of that or even bothered to understand it.

AvP. hmmmm it would be a tough one to make into an MMO i reccon, i'd love to see it myself but there are basically only a few options for a player, Colonial Marine/engineer/scientist pretty standard human stuff, Predator has various styles, hunter/cleaner (by cleaner i mean the type from AvP requiem) not many options for Alien, many different types fair enough but not much to do other than hunt/gather and kill...

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

As far as the Gundam universe goes, I feel that Wing is a -very- sore choice. Original UC Gundam would make for a much better setting.

Why, you ask? First of all, pretty much none of the mechs, up until ZZ Gundam (the Gundam series that should never have been, IMO) were uber-awesome-godlike-of-DOOM. If you watch the original series, 0079, 0080, Zeta, Stardust Memory or even Char's Counterattack you'll see that, save for end-of-series battles, there are NO god-mode super robots blasting hundreds of enemy mooks to stardust. Meaning that, technological and chronological constraints aside, pretty much any mech can stand up to any other mech, which is an important aspect for an MMO - balance.

There's also the issue of factions. Original UC offers a plethora of different factions that players could potentially ally with - there's Zeon, Earth Federation, Axis Zeon, AEUG, you name it.

So, yeah. Gundam MMO? Sure! Gundam Wing MMO? Not really, no.

Well, that'd be my 2 cents.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

Originally posted by StormwindX

As far as the Gundam universe goes, I feel that Wing is a -very- sore choice. Original UC Gundam would make for a much better setting.

Why, you ask? First of all, pretty much none of the mechs, up until ZZ Gundam (the Gundam series that should never have been, IMO) were uber-awesome-godlike-of-DOOM. If you watch the original series, 0079, 0080, Zeta, Stardust Memory or even Char's Counterattack you'll see that, save for end-of-series battles, there are NO god-mode super robots blasting hundreds of enemy mooks to stardust. Meaning that, technological and chronological constraints aside, pretty much any mech can stand up to any other mech, which is an important aspect for an MMO - balance.

There's also the issue of factions. Original UC offers a plethora of different factions that players could potentially ally with - there's Zeon, Earth Federation, Axis Zeon, AEUG, you name it.

So, yeah. Gundam MMO? Sure! Gundam Wing MMO? Not really, no.

Well, that'd be my 2 cents.

I never really got into any of the other gundam SEARIES(lol) myself but i fell in love with Gundam Wing.. I remember everyday runnin home middle school to catch the next Gundam Wing episode on Cartoon Network, and ended up buyin a few Gundam Wing anime movies myself which i still watch to this day when i need my fix haha.. But i agree, the MMO would be best to include all the Gundam SEARIES instead of just Wing; but since it is the most popular Gundam SEARIES it might do well for saleing the IP.. Plus i always liked Gundam Wings plot line with self-piloting uber mechs being made and stuff; they would work great as the AI for the MMO lol.

But yeah, i'd jus be happy for a good mech game to come out peroid!!

Oh and i like the idea Unreal024 about makeing the Aliens the enemy AI in the AvP MMO.. That'd work out great.. But i still think playing a alien in PvP would be epic!! lol.. Or a predator since they have stealth, they'd make the perfect rougue-esque class!

Thx for the comments everyone! :)

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Originally posted by just2duh

Originally posted by psyknx

Hah, sure why not, that shows horrible writting would lend itself pretty well to the quality of mmo stories we see, it most certainly wouldn't have any end-game either, be just like the show!

OH SNAP!

Curious...wouldn't the island be slightly too populated for it to be a "deserted" isle?

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

A good game is its own IP.