Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF MMO that I can solo in but still has good group play

XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

I am updating my post, because after what I went through today I see that I will be soloing 90% of the time.

My gf always gets a "headache" when its game time, yup kinda like the shit they do when its "that other time"

My best friend isnt very good at making up his mind in games as what he wants to play so he is constant rerolling. I also tend to out level everyone even if they do have more time to play then I do.

Thanks in advanced guys you are all usually pretty helpful :)

I am willing to play anything so long as there is a community for the game, and it isnt dead.

XiThRyL

Comments

• SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

You might like EQ2 one of the populated servers.

It has realy nice content.

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

Originally posted by Speiberbob

You might like EQ2 one of the populated servers.

It has realy nice content.

hmm, EQ2... I tried that for a bit a little while back, it did seem pretty interesting, I guess I just didnt give it a shot? idk... maybe I will look into that.

idk why im inclined to reinstall GW right now. Perhaps all this GW2 talk? idk man I feel so confused, lol

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Go off the deep end and give Fallen Earth a try.  Might be a bit too solo oriented for your tastes (at least at the lower levels) but it is quite a different experience.  Hey, there's a free trial, what do you have to lose?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Go off the deep end and give Fallen Earth a try.  Might be a bit too solo oriented for your tastes (at least at the lower levels) but it is quite a different experience.  Hey, there's a free trial, what do you have to lose?

I did the fallen earth trial, I gotta admit that game was interesting, it had me hooked the whole trial period :P But is there a community in and/or out of that game? like you said it is pretty solo oriented, I felt like I was completly alone, and this was when the game was launched, or shortly after idk whenever the trials showed up cause I played it a bit back now.

I do enjoy community in game but I also enjoy it out of game, like forums that are active, podcasts, things like that.

I updated this thread, because I am kinda looking for the opposite now.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

Originally posted by XiThRyL

I'am currently getting into LOTRO, its the best F2P game out there and the item shop is not as bad as one would think. I leveled up to about 40 before I had to spend any money, however if you play alot than you can grind turbine points. My brother(Who has no life) leveled all the way up to 50 just off deed grinding.

Fun game if you like LOTR.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

Originally posted by Snaylor47

I'am currently getting into LOTRO, its the best F2P game out there and the item shop is not as bad as one would think. I leveled up to about 40 before I had to spend any money, however if you play alot than you can grind turbine points. My brother(Who has no life) leveled all the way up to 50 just off deed grinding.

LotRO does seem pretty nice, I think I may need to get into that one. Everything else is seeming meh. What did you spend money on at 40, if you don't mind me asking.

I think I may have at it.

• Snaylor47Snaylor47 Member Posts: 962

LotRO does seem pretty nice, I think I may need to get into that one. Everything else is seeming meh. What did you spend money on at 40, if you don't mind me asking.

Subscription. Unlocks everything I believe and give you 500 turbine points.

Pros to the game:

Its LOTR.

PvP is fairly unique

If you enjoy game like EQ, WoW and things as that nature you'll like this

Cash Shops is good, people seem to mistake Korean F2P for Turbines model.

Cons:

Crafting is a bit like WoWs(Can be a pro if you like quick crafting)

Character feel(To me at least) felt weird.

Fun game over all.

A F2P WoW to a certain extent.

I don't care about innovation I care about fun.

Yah, the characters feel very strange to me, stiff I guess, kinda hard to immerse myself :

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Subscription. Unlocks everything I believe and give you 500 turbine points.

Pros to the game:

Its LOTR.

PvP is fairly unique

If you enjoy game like EQ, WoW and things as that nature you'll like this

Cash Shops is good, people seem to mistake Korean F2P for Turbines model.

Cons:

Crafting is a bit like WoWs(Can be a pro if you like quick crafting)

Character feel(To me at least) felt weird.

Fun game over all.

A F2P WoW to a certain extent.

500 points per month if you're on subsciption plan...