Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Game with the Most Content

JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

I'm looking for the top few games with the most content, so I can pick from them which one I'd like to play.  My guess is EQ1 has the most content, is that right? I'm looking for a 3d AAA title or close to it, such as EQ2, GW, SWG, etc. Although I am open to all suggestions, even 2.5d or 2d games, or browser graphical muds, whatever. 

What I mean by content is large zones designed for pve adventuring. I want to have a huge world where there are tons of places to go and worth going to even after I've been playing for a while, for both solo, group, and raid play. I'm not interested in pvp for this game at all, although it's fine if it's there. 

For example, I played EQ2 to max level, and I was pretty unimpressed by how linear the zones were, and how few and small the zones were. I want the opposite of that. PS, please don't turn this discussion into an argument over whether EQ2 has a lot of content or not. In my opinion, it doesn't. And even if it does, I want more than that. 

Please let me know if I need to provide more details as to what I mean by "content."  Thanks a ton in advance.

EDIT: No wow please. Sorry, I should have said that before you posted. 

Comments

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

The "most content award" for themepark MMOs goes most probably to WoW. 

If you want something differnt though, i could suggest Fallen Earth.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381

Might want to look into Vanguard.  It seemed like the largest of all the MMOs I've been in.  Each race has a unique origin (if you don't go to Isle of Dawn) .   And it pretty much runs well now (mostly).   Not going to be much/any development to it though.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by Jimmac

I'm looking for the top few games with the most content, so I can pick from them which one I'd like to play.  My guess is EQ1 has the most content, is that right? I'm looking for a 3d AAA title or close to it, such as EQ2, GW, SWG, etc. Although I am open to all suggestions, even 2.5d or 2d games, or browser graphical muds, whatever. 

For example, I played EQ2 to max level, and I was pretty unimpressed by how linear the zones were, and how few and small the zones were. I want the opposite of that. PS, please don't turn this discussion into an argument over whether EQ2 has a lot of content or not. In my opinion, it doesn't. And even if it does, I want more than that. 

I'd have to say SWG if you want a MMO but in all honesty I think you may like to play dwarf fortress the single player rpg/rts/adventure game.  Dwarf fortress is probably the deepest game ever made at this point.  You generate your own world at the start of the game that you could spend years exploring and digging around in if you had the time.  Things like elevation of mountains, rainfall, oceans, layers of soil,  animals, etc are all generated to be a unique world.  Look for the "Lazy Noob Pack" for dwarf fortress as it contains all new graphics that replace the ASCII characters the dev used.  It's kind of a hard game to explain unless you actually play it.  It's a game that you have to be constantly thinking and engaged in. 

I haven't played SWG since pre-CU so it has changed since then but I would assume all the maps and interesting things to see and do are all still there. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Most content = oldest and still updated.

So... EQ1 and UO.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

You guy are the best. Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I'll check them all out. PS Dwarf Fortress looks cool I'm going to have to check it out as well. 

EDIT: If anyone else has more recommendations, I'm all ears. 

• dannydeucedannydeuce Member Posts: 310

Originally posted by Arglebargle

Might want to look into Vanguard.  It seemed like the largest of all the MMOs I've been in.  Each race has a unique origin (if you don't go to Isle of Dawn) .   And it pretty much runs well now (mostly).   Not going to be much/any development to it though.

This.  If you haven't explored Telon yet I reccomend it.  For a solo adventurer, this is your perfect spot.  Just remember that you will be solo a good majority of it so I hope lonliness doesn't matter to much for you.