Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The more I play....

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

I m not going to get into a long winded post, but I always did enjoy the game. That said the more I play the more I m liking the game. Things are starting to come together. Slowly I m seeing the market develop( an AH will be better still ) but most of all the game is feeling like FFXI more and more each day but improved. I can t wait to see whats next, going to be fun.

Comments

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Originally posted by Leucent

I m not going to get into a long winded post, but I always did enjoy the game. That said the more I play the more I m liking the game. Things are starting to come together. Slowly I m seeing the market develop( an AH will be better still ) but most of all the game is feeling like FFXI more and more each day but improved. I can t wait to see whats next, going to be fun.

This game is going to be received like FFXI when it first came out,  but in 2010 with a much more critical crowd. Just be prepared to bite the bullet cause the reviews from the general public are going to be rough. :( It's too bad no ones given it a chance. 

• beartoebeartoe Member Posts: 62

bought the CE out of curiosity with zero expectations, .. ah who am I kidding - I was expecting that its a shitty game,  but .. just as the OP stated, the more I play it the more I'm liking the game.  

I'm enjoying the crafting - but I'm hating the tedious ways of  going trough your mats.

harvesting for ore / lumber / etc with mini games is fun.

there are alot of good stuff but there's also alot of bad stuff.. lets be honest.  so far I'm enjoying myself.

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

Wasn't my cup of tea in beta, but then again I didn't play all that much. I'm interested in watching how things play out, and seeing if any of my friends decide to play. Glad you're having fun!

BTW I HATED ffxi, but I thought XIV seemed to be better for me when I played.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• TerewynTerewyn Member Posts: 45

Nice to see some positive posts, and it is good to hear it is like FFXI.  I never expected it to be exactly the same, but as long as it has the atmosphere then it's all good.  :)

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

I've also had more fun the more I have played. Instead of getting upset at every single freaking little thing that may not be perfect (in my mind) and crying about it, I persevered and actually enjoyed myself.

OMG...I must be doing it wrong!!

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

After original post, I went and played some more. It is getting better each time I log on. I m not fixated on , OMG no guild leves left type syndrome. I went and bought everything needed for all crafts and just head out. I love how the world feels, i m starting to get the feeling I had when I first started FFXI.  I do have a question, if anyone knows. Where are chochobos or are they limited to later levels? I know an AH is being added as well as airships etc, just wondering about chocs.

• sykez9sykez9 Member Posts: 55

it is a mmo, just the bare basic setup of any mmo is addicting, actually make it a good game and it's crack

• CorresCorres Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by beartoe

bought the CE out of curiosity with zero expectations, .. ah who am I kidding - I was expecting that its a shitty game,  but .. just as the OP stated, the more I play it the more I'm liking the game.  

I'm enjoying the crafting - but I'm hating the tedious ways of  going trough your mats.

harvesting for ore / lumber / etc with mini games is fun.

there are alot of good stuff but there's also alot of bad stuff.. lets be honest.  so far I'm enjoying myself.

you can get the materials all from one npc. you don't have to farm them. just go to a local guild and talk to one npc he will give you the needed items for the recipe.

• DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340

Thats the problem with an entirely player founded economy.

Its going to suck royally until theres someone who can get what you need.

And its going to suck until the groups fundamental in the distribution of equipment decide upon what is done where.

(see note : Rolanberry Shopping Mall)

• Jeri1979Jeri1979 Member Posts: 12

I think with the fatique aspect of things they are also encouraging most players to have crafting as part of the core. Maybe we are moving into a barter trade economy.