Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking to start or join a play group

MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220

Hello,

I am looking to start or be part of a group of players to progress through Vanguard. I have never played VG before and am looking to experience what seems like a very solid fun game with a group of players. I have been playing the tutorial and am very excited how the game feels, a lot like EQ when I first started (which I then played for about 7 years). I never gave VG a try before because of the bad release rap, and I was in other games. I am trying it now because well, I need a game and done see anything that looks to be my style coming out any time soon.

If you are interested, please read on.

A little about me and the proposed group or the group I would like to be a part of:

Right now I am a level 8 cleric named Caligu on Telon, I am enjoying the class very much and plan to keep this character and provide healing for the group.

I love dungeon crawling, this play group would be very focused on the group experience and experiencing group based content together.

I would welcome new VG players and also any vets that might want to "re-roll" as long as you dont want to rush through anything and understand that we may well have some players completely new to the game.

I am a veteran MMORPG player and have pretty much played them all, with a special place in my heart for UO and EQ. We would start out just using email and in game functions to co-ordinate playtimes but I am not adverse to providing forums or Vent if the need were to arise later on to maximize everyone's experience.

I am East Coast based and as such would like a group that can play from about 9:30PM until about 12:30 AM three to four nights a week. The group would level together and stay close in level, you would be asked to use other characters to level if your playtime exceeds that of the group average.

Please be a mature player/person, this group will not RP but will appreciate focused play and taking limited game playtime seriously.

I would like to start sometime in the next week or weekend if we get a full, well balanced group. (week of 09/13/10)

If you are interested, please email me at kchisarik(at)gmail.com as I will be cross posting this on multiple forums (since I dont know which yet are frequented) and may not check them all reguraly.

Thank you and I hope to hear from some interested people.

Comments

• enaz13enaz13 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Sent you an email. And if anyone else wants to give VG  a try send me a message on here and i'd glady help you get started in game.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I am looking to give it another try but I cannot start until closer to the end of the month.  If the group is still going and you need another I am willing to join. I really want to get with a group of people that play together a few times a week for a few hours sitting.  I cannot play 4 times a week.  I can play two maybe three tops.

The idea of exploring the world and not racing to cap sounds great to me.  I will probably make a thread about this at the end of the moneth when I have time to start. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220

well, my wife would certainly be happier with 2-3 nights, drop me an email if you dont mind at the address above so i can keep in touch as to the status of the group.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I added you on my friends list and when I catch you on I'll say hi.

I'm on the East coast also, but the problem is I'm on from 5;30 to around 9 or 10, and I'm also a healer.  But I'll find you in game and see what happens is that OK ?

• pmn03pmn03 Member Posts: 16

I am also new to the game and would love to join a regular group. At the moment, I have a lvl 14 psi that I can stall a bit until you catch up. Or I can re-roll something. As far as time, I would also prefer earlier, 5:30-9:30 EDT (or maybe 10:30), and 2 times a week would be better.

I'll look for you in game.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

Man, i see more posts here then i seen people ingame last night.....i got 1 month sub to see this nice game again but there realy wasnt anybody online.....after 30 minutes i ran into the first players instead of npc's. this on the halgar server.

What server is most populated.....maybe i can reroll on another server to get some more interaction with people.

Still one of the best games around for more adult (read: patient) people.

maybe i see you guys online.

• enaz13enaz13 Member UncommonPosts: 102

Telon is the much more populated server. You should notice a difference right when get on in the chat, at least when get off the isle though should be desecent amount on isle as well.

Character in-game is rungus btw. If anyone wants any help getting started just send a tell/mail.

• sloebersloeber Member UncommonPosts: 504

idd man...this telon server isnt empty.....its not as crowded as wow is but there are plenty of people willing to help or group.

Glad to see that this game aint dead :)

• pmn03pmn03 Member Posts: 16

Did anything come of this? Has a regular day/time been decided?

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220

I got a few emails but there were some playtime and timezone issues so a solid group wasnt formed. I do have 4 people on my friends list hoping to hook up and I do still hope that a solid group emerges.

I am now a level 15 cleric and really enjoying the game.

One tip for newbies, after the trial island make sure you go to VE (Veksar's Exchange), I went another spot and almost quit in frustration because I didnt see anyone else, then a nice person told me to go to VE. I ported in and saw a dozen players in that town (in my level range) and have been very happy ever since.

The game feels so much like EQ did "back in the day", which is great.

If anyone wants to hook up, send Caligu an email or tell in game and I'll friend you and we will see what we can do.