Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any server with a good community?

EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

for horde side.. or is every server horrible?

Remember Old School Ultima Online

Comments

• unbound55unbound55 Member UncommonPosts: 325

Originally posted by EndDream

There are always a few good guilds around...but I never did encounter a good server for WoW (horde or alliance).  The Blizzard CM don't really enforce good behavior...even the RP servers were left alone after the 1st year or so.

Find a good guild and enjoy what you can with them.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

Stop looking for a community and put one together. As the genre grows it's gonna get harder and harder to find these rare instant wholesome goodness communities....

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

Sounds like you already have a pretense that WoW communities as a whole aren't "good". I haven't played in over a year, but I did play from start for about 5 years. One thing I KNOW about WoW is it all depends on what guild you are in. Find a guild that fits your personality and you'll have an amazing time. 

I've played a few servers of the WoW years, and when I played I liked horde on Dark Iron and Arthas. 

- Also for Alliance i liked burning blade server. 

Probably the best of my three suggestions is Dark Iron, but I may be biased since I played the longest on that server and had RL friends to play with. But I was in the guild thrust for almost over a year, and I think they still play over there. 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Community in wow is just as good/bad as any other game.  Those that think otherwise either wise either play games with no community or it's been so long since they played their last MMO that they think it was the best thing ever.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

I quit about 2 months ago because everyone was so rude and I would get kicked if I messed up at all in a raid even if I had never done it. I think the game is a lot of fun and I want to continue playing.. i was just wondering if there is any server that was nice.. It seems the answer is "no, find a guild".

Does anyone know if any good guild then? I am not a hardcore player.. and i am behind on the gear rush as I just got 2 80 like -3-4 months ago. I just want to have fun with people, raid with people who dont freakout if it does not go perfect the 1st time etc...

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

You'll never find a server in any game with a good overall community. There are always smacktards. Concern yourself with your immediate community i.e. your guild/friends on the server. I haven't bothered to PUG or even think about being in server chat in pretty much any MMO I've played.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I quit about 2 months ago because everyone was so rude and I would get kicked if I messed up at all in a raid even if I had never done it. I think the game is a lot of fun and I want to continue playing.. i was just wondering if there is any server that was nice.. It seems the answer is "no, find a guild".

Does anyone know if any good guild then? I am not a hardcore player.. and i am behind on the gear rush as I just got 2 80 like -3-4 months ago. I just want to have fun with people, raid with people who dont freakout if it does not go perfect the 1st time etc...

Best wait for cata if your looking to get into a guild, the gear reset for high level players and new 1-60 will mean lots of guilds will be dieing and forming.  Get in there at the start with a new formed guild and see how it goes, best stay away from the guilds that invite every one and any one though.

• AzrileAzrile Member Posts: 2,582

Communities are only bad if you spend most of your time in /tradechat or pugging raids.   Basically the vast majority of players are in guild chat and raiding with their guild.   Otherwise idiotic or /fail people are the ones you see constantly in tradechat or trying to set up pug raids.

The same thing goes along with the misconception of Gearscore.   Probably 95% of the playerbase has never even heard of it because they are happily doing raids with their guild.  Only unsociable/fail  players are generally raid pugging enough to encounter someone using gearscore.

If you are looking for friends in tradechat or trying to pug raids, you are in the lowest 5% of the playerbase.. so yeah... that community is bad.