Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard's strategic plan

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Cataclysm will release with re vamped world, two new races, and five more levels.  Many were disappointed, and many were shocked that this expansion will not have more classes.  No new classes are not discussed anymore because everyone excepted this fact for some time now.

HOWEVER I can't let this go ( no new classes ). I love WoW but I'm just board, or burnt out.  I watched several in detail Youtube videos of both new starting zones and It feels like I had already played them.  Without any new classes I can't find a long term future for me before I'm burnt out all over again.  I just can't play a Rogue, Priest, Warlock, Hunter, Mage any more, I just can't.

Blizzard's strategic plan is to give us Cataclysm for now, and the next expansion will have more classes.  You will not have a choice but to buy both expansions when this happens because you need Cataclysm to fly with your new classes in the old world.

So you can't skip Cataclysm, right ?

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

you on drugz?

• bobbyjrbobbyjr Member Posts: 119

Before you post again OP, please take some time to think about what youre syaing before you start typing.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Well I can't play without  new classes.  And blizzard will never give more classes in just a patch.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

World of warcraft will probaply not get any new classes.

because the new classes will most likely not feel any diffrent then the other classes and as you could have seen with death knights they where extremely overpowered at the start it takes alot of balancing work to fit in the new class. ALOT so therefor you probply wont see new classes.

i would be suprised if they did tho. and am always wondering what they can put in.

i really dont understand your kind of people anyway. Do you know what i play ? a warrior protection. i have been playing warriors in any game before and will be doing so in the future. i don't need more then this one class. all my invested time will never go to waste because i will never switch.

Originally posted by xeniar

because the new classes will most likely not feel any diffrent then the other classes and as you could have seen with death knights they where extremely overpowered at the start it takes alot of balancing work to fit in the new class. ALOT so therefor you probply wont see new classes.

i would be suprised if they did tho. and am always wondering what they can put in.

Your right,

Balancing would be very painful, but necessary for another expansion after cataclysm.

Monks- D&D Online did them well, they can kick spin and sweep, lots of fun fun.

Necromancers- Way different, yet they would fit in WoW very well.

Tank's- sure we already have them.  But something that can solo well. " Yes " they can fix the ones we have, but their are room for more.

Psionicist- Vanguard did well with this class, fun and interesting crowd control class.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by page

Many were disappointed, and many were shocked that this expansion will not have more classes.  No new classes are not discussed anymore because everyone excepted this fact for some time now.

I didn't expect new classes and thus wasn't shocked either. Adding new classes is quite some work, so if Blizzard would consider that within the next few years, they'd have announced it already.

HOWEVER I can't let this go ( no new classes ). I love WoW but I'm just board, or burnt out.  I watched several in detail Youtube videos of both new starting zones and It feels like I had already played them.

("bored", not "board") I think one problem is why expansions sometimes seem boring is... because most people either play them to death in the beta phase, or know from articles, videos and screenshots everything in and out before they ever played it. Solution: buy the expansion and discover the stuff yourself. That there won't be anything absolutely revolutionary in the expansion is clear. It's not a new game, just an expansion.

Without any new classes I can't find a long term future for me before I'm burnt out all over again.  I just can't play a Rogue, Priest, Warlock, Hunter, Mage any more, I just can't.

WoW is one MMORPG of many. Bored of it or don't like it anymore? Don't play it.

Blizzard's strategic plan is to give us Cataclysm for now, and the next expansion will have more classes.  You will not have a choice but to buy both expansions when this happens because you need Cataclysm to fly with your new classes in the old world. 

I don't know if we will ever get new classes, they are quite a hassle to create and balance. So I wouldn't count on that. Also, to me, it doesn't really matter what might possibly happen to a game in the far far future.

So you can't skip Cataclysm, right ? 

If you say it doesn't deliver the content you want, that you ain't interested in checking out the new zones and don't wanna play any of those classes that are offered, it seems that it's time for you to stop WoW for good or have a long break, and do something else. So you can skip Cataclysm, I won't. Maybe I get bored quickly, maybe I won't, but I will have stuff to explore since I on purpose didn't read too much about the expansion. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

Your right,

Balancing would be very painful, but necessary for another expansion after cataclysm.

Tank's- sure we already have them.  But something that can solo well. " Yes " they can fix the ones we have, but their are room for more.

Psionicist- Vanguard did well with this class, fun and interesting crowd control class.

Monks will probaply not feel any difrent then rogue's tho. and you also have to change the game to acustom more fist weapons.

necromaners wil feel like a  merger of a warlock and a death knight so no go there. non of those classes will probaply feel difrent from the ones we have. they also need to pull 3 specs out of their asses while making it wich makes it even more complicated.

Your right,

Monks will probably not feel any different then rogue's tho. and you also have to change the game to acustom more fist weapons.

necromaners wil feel like a  merger of a warlock and a death knight so no go there. non of those classes will probaply feel difrent from the ones we have. they also need to pull 3 specs out of their asses while making it wich makes it even more complicated.

Well I guess I'm wrong then, Sorry.

WoW does not need any more classes. I guess it's only over for me at a personal level, so have fun with WoW :)

• PhilbyPhilby Member Posts: 849

Take some time off OP.  I left the game for a year and just came back and am having a lot of fun.  Try some other mmo's or single player games and resub maybe in the spring.

WOW isnt great because it has 12 million players. WOW has 12 million players because its great.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by Philby

Take some time off OP.  I left the game for a year and just came back and am having a lot of fun.  Try some other mmo's or single player games and resub maybe in the spring.

^^ THIS ...

No game lasts forever. Take a break from WOW, or wait for the next MMO from Blizz.