Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So when one toon gets to story-end/level limit and you reroll another toon to begin a new story, tha

I mean, will they have access to the same ship? Slots? Bank? Auctions? We haven't heard one way or another but since this is all about mutually exclusive 'stories', does this mean mutually exclusive 'lives'? Is it likely that your second toon can enter the ship/home of your first toon? How can they, when it will be peopled by the firts toon's companions who can't be 'called' without the first toon being present. Interesting questions that Bioware hasn't answered as yet.

Comments

• Noraa3903Noraa3903 Member Posts: 30

Um i think thats pretty self explanatory.  Why would the second toon have access to the same ship as the first?  Since the ships are like housing since when do your other toons have access to the house of each other in any other mmo.  Not to be rude but just a couple seconds of thought should be able to answer your question.  I don't see why bioware would need to come up here and clarify something this simple.  If the game is to play like kotor then of course itll be different.  And remember each class gets different companions as it is so that right there should be enough for you to piece together that different toons will have different ships and what not.  No toons have ever shared auction slots either.   The only thing i could see is a shared bank slot for your account like most other games but your question seems pretty self explanatory.

• agagaagaga Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by Noraa3903

Um i think thats pretty self explanatory.  Why would the second toon have access to the same ship as the first?  Since the ships are like housing since when do your other toons have access to the house of each other in any other mmo.  Not to be rude but just a couple seconds of thought should be able to answer your question.  I don't see why bioware would need to come up here and clarify something this simple.  If the game is to play like kotor then of course itll be different.  And remember each class gets different companions as it is so that right there should be enough for you to piece together that different toons will have different ships and what not.  No toons have ever shared auction slots either.   The only thing i could see is a shared bank slot for your account like most other games but your question seems pretty self explanatory.

In fact, my query is a little more complex than you seen you have understood. To put it in simple terms if, as we can surmise, Bioware's 'one story-per-toon' approach is not flexible, that means 'one world-per-toon' - ie. one of your toons can have no other dealings or interactions with your other toons since they play no part in each others' stories .

If that is the case, a major MMORPG feature will be missing from the game that is present in every other MMO that I have played - the support, financial and utility, that your main character gets from their alt or alts. I wonder how Bioware is approaching this issue.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by agaga

In fact, my query is a little more complex than you seen you have understood. To put it in simple terms if, as we can surmise, Bioware's 'one story-per-toon' approach is not flexible, that means 'one world-per-toon' - ie. one of your toons can have no other dealings or interactions with your other toons since they play no part in each others' stories .

If that is the case, a major MMORPG feature will be missing from the game that is present in every other MMO that I have played - the support, financial and utility, that your main character gets from their alt or alts. I wonder how Bioware is approaching this issue.

I honestly don't see what this has to do with the story. From what i can garner your interest lies in whether you will be able to pass along cash, items etc to alts which as you say is the norm in almost all MMO's and will likely be in this one also.

• agagaagaga Member Posts: 273

Originally posted by Kabaal

I honestly don't see what this has to do with the story. From what i can garner your interest lies in whether you will be able to pass along cash, items etc to alts which as you say is the norm in almost all MMO's and will likely be in this one also.

Well, I do trade a lot of cash and items between my alts and, in those games that do allow the sharing of 'home' areas, like SWG or EQ2, I found the feature useful for configuring the decor and for storage.

This may be an artificial issue and yet, if Bioware does stick to the 'one toon-one world' principle, there will be no delaings allowable between toons.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Well, I do trade a lot of cash and items between my alts and, in those games that do allow the sharing of 'home' areas, like SWG or EQ2, I found the feature useful for configuring the decor and for storage.

This may be an artificial issue and yet, if Bioware does stick to the 'one toon-one world' principle, there will be no delaings allowable between toons.

You'll most likely have the option you have in other games without shared space amongst toons, use the mailing system that will most likely be in place to send cash, items between toons.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• artemisentr4artemisentr4 Member UncommonPosts: 1,431

There is no such thing as "one toon one world" principle. There is one story arc per class, not one character per server.

You will have a new unique class story arc for each class, but it takes place in the same game world. So for the first 10 levels on your starter planet. You may not have contact with your other characters ship or storage because it is on another planet. We don't know, but I would think it would be like many other games with alts. In LOTRO, all my characters share one house. Plus the mail system can be used to mail what you want to your other characters.

So you are not starting a whole new game with a new character. You are starting a new story arc based on the class choice. But the open world quests will be the same. The flashpoints will be the same. The world story arc will be the same. And yes the world you play in will be the same unless you chose a different server.

“How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder, without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better, and not the world about them?”
    R.A.Salvatore