Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anime or MMORPG

What do you like more? Watching anime or playing mmorpg? and why?

Played: Runescape, Adventure Quest
Currently playing: Aika Global, Atlantica Online
Waiting for: Cardmon Hero, Dynasty Warriors Online

Comments

• TahamtanTahamtan Member Posts: 232

I like them  both and is hard to pick one. But the middle ground is Anime-themed MMORPGs that are my favorite.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

MMOs by far, but if it's a game with a low need for attention like Wurm or EVE, then I will keep it windowed and watch anime on hulu simultaneously.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• Maybe I'm just watching the wrong anime, but I feel like I'm watching the same damn thing over and over with a different coat of paint. Okay, we've got our effeminate-withdrawn-supercool protaganist. And we've got our extremely submissive severe-self-esteem-issues female. And then we've got our I'm-a-megabitch-but-eventually-someone-will-penetrate-my-bitcharmor-and-make-me-cry other female. Throw in stern father figure/mentor. And let's have them all go to school and give a crap about scholastic activities and the respect of their peers, despite their superpowers/impending doom/immortality/ability to pilot giant mecha. And someone sweeping outside of a Shinto shrine every second of every day for eternity...just sweeping.

Okay maybe that's a little harsh. They're not all like that, but sometimes it feels like that's all my roommates watch.

• hardgameshardgames Member Posts: 71

Yeah I like both too. Although I have more exposure with Anime since I've been watching them since I was a kid. My MMORPG experience only started a few months ago. Nevertheless, I like both. :) What to choose, though? Hmmm... pretty close but MMORPG leads by a few points since it's always available for play when you download it unlike Anime, especially the unfinished ones like Naruto.

Originally posted by Sawtooth

Maybe I'm just watching the wrong anime, but I feel like I'm watching the same damn thing over and over with a different coat of paint. Okay, we've got our effeminate-withdrawn-supercool protaganist. And we've got our extremely submissive severe-self-esteem-issues female. And then we've got our I'm-a-megabitch-but-eventually-someone-will-penetrate-my-bitcharmor-and-make-me-cry other female. Throw in stern father figure/mentor. And let's have them all go to school and give a crap about scholastic activities and the respect of their peers, despite their superpowers/impending doom/immortality/ability to pilot giant mecha. And someone sweeping outside of a Shinto shrine every second of every day for eternity...just sweeping.

Okay maybe that's a little harsh. They're not all like that, but sometimes it feels like that's all my roommates watch.

Hahaha. I agree. Seems pretty harsh. With so much details, I'm sure that's only one Anime. Hahaha. Not sure what anime though. Well there are similarities among some of the anime but of course there are also distinct differences as well. Perhaps you just have to choose what kind of anime you really like. :)

• thecrapthecrap Member Posts: 433

I like doing them both especially grindy games I play on windowed and start waking away! but ofcourse my attention is more on the anime and less than in the game 

• AegaAega Member Posts: 3

If I were to choose between the two, I'd probably say mmos. I find them more entertaining and unlimited. mmos and manga would be a more challenging choice

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

Damn this is tougher than I thought. I learn more life lessons and weird shit from anime though. So I have to say I like it slightly more. To me, anime never gets tiring, so much to choose from. Yet if you play one MMORPG for a prolonged time, you get burnt out, which never happens with my anime.

Though I choose anime, MMORPG's are just barely behind it.

Originally posted by denshing

Damn this is tougher than I thought. I learn more life lessons and weird shit from anime though. So I have to say I like it slightly more. To me, anime never gets tiring, so much to choose from. Yet if you play one MMORPG for a prolonged time, you get burnt out, which never happens with my anime.

Though I choose anime, MMORPG's are just barely behind it.

Yeah it's a tough choice. I posted this because I realized many people who are interested in MMORPGs are also interested in Anime or the other way around. They're both fun and have some similarities too. Perhaps that's the reason why it's tough to choose between the two. :p

• afk-guyafk-guy Member Posts: 15

I would choose MMO. Anime is great but you always run the risk of being let down by a film. At least if im playing a MMO that meens every time I log on I have some sort of fun. I wont devote my time to anything less in the MMO market.

please follow and check out the ad's on my mmo blog
    www.mmorpgtot.blogspot.com
    thank you