Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the Devs plans for the future?

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

I've been poking around on the forums to try and find if the devs had some sort of road map for 2010 but I cannot find anything. Are they not adding any more content?

Comments

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

This is what I heard.

1. Revamp of pvp or something connected to pvp.

2. Advanced occupations.

3. more rites missions..

• sp0k3nsp0k3n Member Posts: 5

The Ryzom team was at a French game expo and I asked for we would see in the future.

The first thing is Nation PVP where you will be able to attack people based on their nation and your fame to this nation (consensual pvp)

The second thing is your appartment where you will be able to invite people in it and customize it with items that can be linked to the web (they gave the exemple of a bowl of candies or a card game). Apparently these items could be sent as a gift or acquired via RP point you gain from event or completing the RP wiki.

In a farther future, they want to expand occupations with larger ones such as farmer or breeder.

And for the event part, it will be about Dexton's disease and if we will be able to cure it.

Source : myself and this video in french

• Rockgod99Rockgod99 Member Posts: 4,640

Originally posted by sp0k3n

The Ryzom team was at a French game expo and I asked for we would see in the future.

The first thing is Nation PVP where you will be able to attack people based on their nation and your fame to this nation (consensual pvp)

The second thing is your appartment where you will be able to invite people in it and customize it with items that can be linked to the web (they gave the exemple of a bowl of candies or a card game). Apparently these items could be sent as a gift or acquired via RP point you gain from event or completing the RP wiki.

In a farther future, they want to expand occupations with larger ones such as farmer or breeder.

And for the event part, it will be about Dexton's disease and if we will be able to cure it.

Source : myself and this video in french

Awesome...

Real apartments and a better pvp system? we've already got UI improvements, New Pve content, events and mini occupations.

Looks like the devs are dedicated to improving the game even if its playerbase is small and they work at a slow pace due to a small team.

Edit: Hopefully improving the functionality of the ring is on the devs list.

Playing: Rift, LotRO
    Waiting on: GW2, BP

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

by apartment you are meaning house ?

is that correct ? now Ryzom will have house system ?

• sp0k3nsp0k3n Member Posts: 5

Ryzom already has housing but the only thing you can do with your appartment right now is storage, nothing more.

Until this next patch.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

Cool, i didn't know about that, is the housing instance based or it does really exists in the world ? 

i like Ryzom alot, but i always felt lonely while playing it.... already tried the game 3 times.

Also they dont accept paypal or Amex cards =S 

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

Currently instanced based, no idea if that will change, just dont want to lose my FH aquarium view :)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

This sounds pretty cool. I really wish I could get into Ryzom, but the small community and weird issues I have are preventing that. I'm glad the devs care about the game though. That's always a plus.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Nice to see the devs are still working on improving the game. If they implement decent housing, along with new occupations, I may have to check it out again.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I wish that finishing the Encyclopedia rites was higher on their to-do list.  It is the most commonly requested improvement by players who use the feedback site.

Having said that i look forward to nation vs. nation consensual pvp.  On my server the Zorai community is now starting to grow after years of stagnation.  I want to fight for my people and our civilization. 

Being able to have guests into our appartments will be great for RP.

• MariannMariann Member Posts: 200

Here is the official Developer blog:

http://blog.ryzom.com/

This is the feedback forum, where you can post your ideas, and see what is being planned.

http://feedback.ryzom.com/forums/2600-english

Moonlightmist