Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV I Want my money back!!!

Comments

• slntnsntyslntnsnty Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Kaocan

I know you dont 'need' more than one character, but on this issue I'm gonna have to side with those that say they do. I always have at least 3 characters in every game. One is the Mr. Nice guy who is usually running a guild or an officier in one, always go out of my way to be helpful all the time, even if it means sacrificing my own items and money to help someone else. But you know, there are those times when you get home from work and you just want to hang with the group of guys on the server who tell it like it is, piss off half the world, and laugh thier ass off because they are having unihibited fun. Hence characrer number two. The third character is my hider, when I want to play but just dont want anyone to know I'm even online. Never in a guild, and the RP personality is always a mute, never says a word to anyone...ever (will emote occasionally but never speak).

So yeah, I will have at least 3 characters in FFXIV, already have them built actually. I'm willing to foot the extra $4 for 3 characters (normal MMO is $14.95 - game plus 3 characters here is $18.99) because I will enjoy my time playing better this way.

I have all those characters too :) Schizophrenia ftw!

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

This is the second time I've read this in this thread.  Not only that but nothing the OP said was true.  When are trolls of this game going to at least be correct in their complaints, or at the very least complain about things that are a matter of opinion rather than just being plain wrong???

It would be nice if trolls and fans could work together on what's actually good and bad about the game rather than trolls lying, usually because it's the 4th hour of playing and they have ADD apparently, and fans telling them they're wrong over and over.  Not only is it unproductive but it's the reason the game has an undeserved negative rep overall on this message board.

I don't know how you're getting this impression, but nothing the OP posted in this thread is false.

Problems with the camera? - check (i've had that)

Increased monthly fee to get a similar amount of characters to other MMOs? - check (they did this in FFXI too)

Hastles with the patcher and slow DL speeds? - check (and there are many threads addressing this very issue)

It's clear you hate trolls, but by bashing anyone who criticizes the game you are starting to seem like a fanboi.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Seriously, took 30 minutes to do the emote quest in Ul'Dah?? Its 6 emotes she gives you in order, all listed in italic text. All you have to do is repeat them, in order, to her and the 2 guys and your done, takes 5 minutes max. She even tells you that, wow.

Not to mention all you need is a freakin / for the emotes, just like every other game out there today. Here, let me help you out.

6 emotes in order

/furious

/beckon

/laugh

/deny

/upset

/soothe

Do those with her, then walk over to the stage and do those with the guys targetted. 5 minutes and move on. Just amazed some of the simplest things are driving people into rage on this game, seriously what is going on? This isn't rocket science.

Simple... It requires reading and paying attention. Those two things alone are enough to send a number of gamers off the deep end these days.

"WHAT?! I have to READ... AND pay attention!?! This game fails!!!!!"

Oh.. and tell them to use a little common-sense... or try to figure something out on their own... hoo boy. You really see the fireworks fly.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• KlizziKlizzi Member Posts: 110

Warning : FFXIV uses a third party pay service. Today my bank called me and froze my account due to fraudulent charges charged by FFXIV's pay service T_T. Check your bank statements if your bank doesn't automatically look for these things. The company was ClickandPay and was associated with SE.

Originally posted by Klizzi

Warning : FFXIV uses a third party pay service. Today my bank called me and froze my account due to fraudulent charges charged by FFXIV's pay service T_T. Check your bank statements if your bank doesn't automatically look for these things. The company was ClickandPay and was associated with SE.

My bank has a similar thing, only they blocked ClickAndPay pre-emptively and put them on a "fraud table".

Basically, my bank will do this anytime someone claims fraud from *any* vendor... The person I spoke to on the phone about it said that Apple Computers has been on it a few times.

So... yeah... lol.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by WSIMike

Simple... It requires reading and paying attention. Those two things alone are enough to send a number of gamers off the deep end these days.

Remember the days when most RPG gamers were considered nerds because we loved reading the text ingame and had loads of entertainment from just the storylines?

I sure miss those days, sure we are still considered to be "nerds", but it seems like most people are illiterate these days judging by the complaints that crop up when someone has to (oh noes!) actually read some text.

Sad.

Originally posted by Ganksinatra

Originally posted by alkrmr

having every player be able to be every class means no player is unique, everyone is playing the same class just different look and there's not much customization

^ This is absolutely wrong from the start. If this person actually tried to play this game, and spent more than 5 minutes realizing how this games class system works, they would know thier comment is 100% false. And no, I'm not going to explain it, personally I think this person should buy the game and learn it for themselves. If they are unwilling to do that, then they should stop trying to tell lies on these forums about things they have no understanding of.

Sorry if you dont like that, but its the truth, you really have no understanding of the class system in this game.

So basically you  can mix and match all the special abilities of all the classes. And you're telling me people won't min/max, find a certain combo of abiliies, and use that to get into the best linkshells? You must be high. If everyone can get everything, pretty soon you'll have cookie cutter tank specs, cookie cutter heal specs, and cookie cutter dps specs, all min/maxxed to do content, just like every other game. Unfortunately, EVERYONE can do EVERYTHING so you're about as unique as an identical set of twins with different hair cuts.

So basically it'll be just like every other MMORPG out there.

Thing is.. this is players, not the game.

A MMORPG can offer players 1000s of options to choose from, all of them equally viable. Players will still try to reduce it down to a handful of "the most effective builds", dismissing all other options as "useless".

Why? Because many players like predictability. They want to figure out "what's best" and then stick to that, and never deviate.

There are very, very few true experimenters/explorers in MMORPGs. Most players are more interested in following pre-made guides and templates.

Originally posted by Kost

Remember the days when most RPG gamers were considered nerds because we loved reading the text ingame and had loads of entertainment from just the storylines?

I sure miss those days, sure we are still considered to be "nerds", but it seems like most people are illiterate these days judging by the complaints that crop up when someone has to (oh noes!) actually read some text.

Sad.

I wouldn't say illiterate.

Lazy and rather impatient, perhaps... but not illiterate.

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424

having every player be able to be every class means no player is unique, everyone is playing the same class just different look and there's not much customization

^ This is absolutely wrong from the start. If this person actually tried to play this game, and spent more than 5 minutes realizing how this games class system works, they would know thier comment is 100% false. And no, I'm not going to explain it, personally I think this person should buy the game and learn it for themselves. If they are unwilling to do that, then they should stop trying to tell lies on these forums about things they have no understanding of.

Sorry if you dont like that, but its the truth, you really have no understanding of the class system in this game.

So basically you  can mix and match all the special abilities of all the classes. And you're telling me people won't min/max, find a certain combo of abiliies, and use that to get into the best linkshells? You must be high. If everyone can get everything, pretty soon you'll have cookie cutter tank specs, cookie cutter heal specs, and cookie cutter dps specs, all min/maxxed to do content, just like every other game. Unfortunately, EVERYONE can do EVERYTHING so you're about as unique as an identical set of twins with different hair cuts.

A MMORPG can offer players 1000s of options to choose from, all of them equally viable. Players will still try to reduce it down to a handful of "the most effective builds", dismissing all other options as "useless".

Why? Because many players like predictability. They want to figure out "what's best" and then stick to that, and never deviate.

There are very, very few true experimenters/explorers in MMORPGs. Most players are more interested in following pre-made guides and templates.

I really don't understand what the problem is; the only way to get rid of min/maxers would be to abolish all classes all skills and while they are at it just make it a single player game, so people don't feel left out of the best Linkshells.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• UldahUldah Member Posts: 162

Sad.

I wouldn't say illiterate.

Lazy and rather impatient, perhaps... but not illiterate.

I stil strongly belive Crono Triger is the best game of all times.

Originally posted by Presbytier

I really don't understand what the problem is; the only way to get rid of min/maxers would be to abolish all classes all skills and while they are at it just make it a single player game, so people don't feel left out of the best Linkshells.

It would still happen. Go into Eve Online, a game with no levels or classes.... you'll find the same exact behavior. Players adhering like glue to "the most optimal build-outs"...

As far as "feeling left out of the best linkshell"... meh... never cared for that scene. Every linkshell (well, almost) has been one that I've wanted to be in. I can't stand the elitist mentality in any MMO. I knew a guy who was a self-declared "god" in FFXI.. and then in WoW... and I used to just laugh at him.

It would still happen. Go into Eve Online, a game with no levels or classes.... you'll find the same exact behavior. Players adhering like glue to "the most optimal build-outs"...

As far as "feeling left out of the best linkshell"... meh... never cared for that scene. Every linkshell (well, almost) has been one that I've wanted to be in. I can't stand the elitist mentality in any MMO. I knew a guy who was a self-declared "god" in FFXI.. and then in WoW... and I used to just laugh at him.

Technically in EvE it is about your pocket book since everybody can have the same skills, and I agree with you about the Linkshells; if they don't want you then you probably don't want them either. I just wish adults would stop living in high school trying to get into the best cliques. I played Varsity Football in High-School and I assure you that anybody who did not get to hang out with the jocks did not miss out. LoL

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

Sorry but if you were fool enough to buy this POS after reading all the beta reviews here then more fool you.

People who buy these EQ clones and then ask for money back do not deserve it as these generic cookie cutters are very open about what they are - they are not offering anything new in terms of game play from the original EQ with the standardised auto attack snore combat and go kill X amount of Y and go fetch X from Y....

Seriously ....

Why do people like you, who know nothing about the game they are commenting on always want to bash people? It just makes you look like a fool. I'm not going to point out which part of your statement is false and proof that you dont know wtf you are talking about in hopes you try to make fun of me which in turn will make youself look even more foolish.

Originally posted by xenogias

Sorry but if you were fool enough to buy this POS after reading all the beta reviews here then more fool you.

People who buy these EQ clones and then ask for money back do not deserve it as these generic cookie cutters are very open about what they are - they are not offering anything new in terms of game play from the original EQ with the standardised auto attack snore combat and go kill X amount of Y and go fetch X from Y....

Seriously ....

Why do people like you, who know nothing about the game they are commenting on always want to bash people? It just makes you look like a fool. I'm not going to point out which part of your statement is false and proof that you dont know wtf you are talking about in hopes you try to make fun of me which in turn will make youself look even more foolish.

How is WoW or any other MMO different from "X number of Y" and "go fetch X from Y". I mean what is your complaint really about? Not to mention anybody who lets a Beta review determine what they think about a game before it is released is ignoring the fact that the Beta is Beta not the regular game.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Sinella

"You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around"

What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...

I'm sorry you didn't like the emote quest, I personally enjoyed it.

And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.

Alts aren't all about new classes; often it's about new characters.  Unless you can change your race/appearance/gender/name (or whatever scheme is used in this game), stacking class options on a single character does little to define it.  It just makes it kind of a heinz 57 mutt without anything special or unique about it.  Of course, if you don't give a hoot about RP, then this probably suits you well enough.  But I thought the FF series was all about story and roleplaying...

I knew there were some pretty odd decisions made in this game, but charging for every alt is really pushing at the bounds of absurdity.  I mean, wow; tell me I'm misreading this.

Your ingame reputation matters.  That is a plus to any game with one character per server.  So many people can just alt out and to total trash on an alt as long as it has zero attachments, its cool.

That is the thing you and most people who haven't played a game where your ingame reputation matters 100%.  It should.  That is actually the biggest draw to me personally. 

• SatansPuppetSatansPuppet Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by SatansPuppet

But don't the classes decline over time? So no matter how hard you try to keep everything maxed I don't think the game will actually let you get to that point due to the levelling caps it puts on to stop p,ayers rushing content.. At least that's what I got from the video on the system I saw on YouTube, I still don't understand it though :)

Nah, you can maxx all clases with the surplus....it's actually what they force you to do with the surplus. You have to change classes after a certain amount of time.

That's gonna take a while for me to get my simple mind around lol
  • kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Sad.

Trolling..Have you seen the dropout rate in the U.S.?  It is staggering.  This country is about as near to plainly retarded as you can get.  Teachers get papers turned in with thing like "u" instead of you.  So, yes; I can literally see this.  I take online classes and my professors actually have to state not to do that stuff because they get it at the college level.  That is pathetic and half the reason why our education in this country is a joke(Though I still tend it falls more on parents than anything else because I sure in the hell didn't do that stuff when I was younger)

Originally posted by kilun

Sad.

Trolling..Have you seen the dropout rate in the U.S.?  It is staggering.  This country is about as near to plainly retarded as you can get.  Teachers get papers turned in with thing like "u" instead of you.  So, yes; I can literally see this.  I take online classes and my professors actually have to state not to do that stuff because they get it at the college level.  That is pathetic and half the reason why our education in this country is a joke(Though I still tend it falls more on parents than anything else because I sure in the hell didn't do that stuff when I was younger)

Neither did most of us back in the day, but with the rise of social media and texting it is a problem that will not be easily combated.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Originally posted by aesperus

Originally posted by holdenhamlet

This is the second time I've read this in this thread.  Not only that but nothing the OP said was true.  When are trolls of this game going to at least be correct in their complaints, or at the very least complain about things that are a matter of opinion rather than just being plain wrong???

It would be nice if trolls and fans could work together on what's actually good and bad about the game rather than trolls lying, usually because it's the 4th hour of playing and they have ADD apparently, and fans telling them they're wrong over and over.  Not only is it unproductive but it's the reason the game has an undeserved negative rep overall on this message board.

I don't know how you're getting this impression, but nothing the OP posted in this thread is false.

Problems with the camera? - check (i've had that)

Increased monthly fee to get a similar amount of characters to other MMOs? - check (they did this in FFXI too)

Hastles with the patcher and slow DL speeds? - check (and there are many threads addressing this very issue)

It's clear you hate trolls, but by bashing anyone who criticizes the game you are starting to seem like a fanboi.

Camera is not a problem if you use the controller which you should be anyway, and it's working as intended to be independent of your character so you can see things around you.  It's not WoW's camera so it's bad?  Don't think so- uncheck

Increased monthly fee- you don't need more characters like you do in other games to play other jobs.  If you stick with what you need, the fee is less than any other major mmorpg.  Also working as intended and as advertised.  It's not WoW's system of alts so it's bad?  Don't think so- uncheck

Hastles with patcher- it's common sense to turn off your firewall if a torrent program isn't working well and that has more to do with windows firewall than the p2p program itself.  Speed was as fast or faster than any other patcher I've used for a game just using common sense- uncheck

Actual discussion about good and bad aspects of the game itself- nowhere to be found.

I am a fan of the game, a huge fan.  Call me crazy if I think it's totally rediculous to make a thread demanding money back for things that are simple to fix or things that were clearly advertised, without even commenting on the game itsself and after probably only playing it for a couple hours without having any patience to learn something new.

Also call me crazy if I hate trolls.  If someone really felt like they were cheated or the game was totally a sham and misadvertised, then sure it would be legit to make a thread demanding money back.  The OP's thread however just goes into the giant heap of people overblowing basically non-issues (like having to read the quest text during the tutorial) or just playing making up issues about the game (pricing).

Bottomline: just another 10 page thread solely concerning someone's temper tantrum at encountering something new.  Same as all the others.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Seriously ....

How is WoW or any other MMO different from "X number of Y" and "go fetch X from Y". I mean what is your complaint really about? Not to mention anybody who lets a Beta review determine what they think about a game before it is released is ignoring the fact that the Beta is Beta not the regular game.

WOW is exactly my complaint. WOW - EQ - EQ2 - Plus all the other games that work the same way are what I am talking about!

Darkfall and Mortal Online have finally done something that PLanetSide did in 2003 - made player skill count. But hey are indi and so can not have the polish and resourses to make a AAA game. I am fed up with all these clones coming out. Seriously how can anyone play an auto combat game? You might as well fall asleep. I am not alone.

Anyway if you agree with me in general terms then click my sig below - www.sangha.org - a forum waiting for the next sandbox / FPS MMO out. I for one am sick of these EQ clones, unless we make ourselves known the devs will just keep on pumping them out.

• KlizziKlizzi Member Posts: 110

Seriously ....

WOW is exactly my complaint. WOW - EQ - EQ2 - Plus all the other games that work the same way are what I am talking about!

Darkfall and Mortal Online have finally done something that PLanetSide did in 2003 - made player skill count. But hey are indi and so can not have the polish and resourses to make a AAA game. I am fed up with all these clones coming out. Seriously how can anyone play an auto combat game? You might as well fall asleep. I am not alone.

Anyway if you agree with me in general terms then click my sig below - www.sangha.org - a forum waiting for the next sandbox / FPS MMO out. I for one am sick of these EQ clones, unless we make ourselves known the devs will just keep on pumping them out.

There are two things FF is doing that can be considered "OMG SO DIFFERENT"...

1. ) The setting; the world is cool and very different.

2.) Introducing a new round of extremely unappealing bugs and problems.

The rest is far too poorly executed to be considered new and fun.

^ troof.

• MephistoRMephistoR Member Posts: 55

It's unbelievable. Whenever I want to read a bunch of QQ, I go visit MMORPG.org and it never fails to deliver.

• DittoDitto Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by Blazeyer

Originally posted by klarr

Are they serious? The game interaction is horrible.  

You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around.  When you talk to a person you're locked in place!!   I spent 30 min on a quest trying to do the emotes in the right order to calm an NPC and to do emotes you have to open a menu scroll and select the emote!!  its painful !!  Do the game developers even know what a mouse and keyboard are?

Try attacking a mob only to have the camera swing back from where you set it to a point where your body is blocking the view of the mob you're attacking.  Fairly hard to select something when your body is blocking it.. Oh i guess you could tab through every mob in the area again.. 

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?   Just signing up and getting through all the codes to collect my bonus items was painful.    Even patching was painful; after a half an hour of 2.2kb download speeds i did some research on the web and came across a post about opening ports on my firewall for their p2p patcher,  I would have expected their application to notified me it was having problems with the firewall, but again.. i guess i was expecting a quality product.  I use Utorrent all the time and never had to forward ports.  

Unless you wish for a lot of pain and frustration in your life.. stay clear of this game. 

Klar

The only actual argument you have is that the patcher sucks. You honestly have must never played or even researched this game before buying the CE, which is your fault. You do not need multiple characters...you can do everything with 1 toon. No, you do not need a undead to become a mage (speaking in WoW terms so you can understand) you can be a giant hulking guy and mage it up (and have ppl call you a noob in the process). Any toon can do anything and excel at it. Instead of complaining about $3 per toon, you should realise that most games cost $15 per month and limit your characters while ff costs you $13 per month, and although you get 1 character you can do more with it than filling the 10 toon slots in most games.

and ugghhh yes the patcher is so terrible. it was bad in FFXI, and I can already tell it's worse in XIV.

and boo server mait.

So i can have direct acces to my magic focused toon setup as anyother class setup for that toon.I mean do i get a switch ?

• RonjaNokuRonjaNoku Member CommonPosts: 47

Originally posted by MephistoR

It's unbelievable. Whenever I want to read a bunch of QQ, I go visit MMORPG.org and it never fails to deliver.

Gone are the days of well educated and well thought out QQ. Most of it are from WoW players expecting the same or players expecting the game to hold their hand and massauge their feet, and get them a sandwich with everything they ask for. Camera? Waaaah. I didnt do my research? Waaaaah. Personal Preference? Waaaaah. Can't play the same class more than -8 hours- a day? Waaaaaah. Try New Things/Concepts? Waaaaaah.

For a launch FFXIV is doing better than most launches we have seen in the past 5 years (I dont even have to name them, you guys should know). Yea, it still has a bug here and there, if this came as a suprize, where the hell have you been? Square Enix is going to patch them up, they always do. The bugs i mean. Everything else is flavor, and if you dont like it, why did you buy it? There was Open Beta~. Game is pretty much the same except for more content and less lag.

Edit: Yes. The patcher is "Crap" It performs badly when you dont open your ports or understand how P2Psharing works. And by "Crap", i mean its subpar to well established programs like Azureus and Utorrent. When it starts it needs to create an empty file of appropriate size, which takes time. Then it fills it in by streaming from other connected users. It take time to connect to the other users so your download speed should be increacing every 10 minutes up till some sort of plateu... IF NOT THERE ARE PLACES TO MANUALLY DOWNLOAD THE PATCH IF YOU LOOK...And step by step instruction if you need them.

• HardwareGuyHardwareGuy Member UncommonPosts: 64

Originally posted by Ortisai

I love how people are bashing the game that have not eve played retail. I can tell you this much. The leve timer was shortened, there is hardware mouse support, the Ui lag is gone, u have reached lvl 12 phys, 10 pug, 7 bs, 8 leather work and 5 armor, no fatigue. Oh and when I started yesterday with leves, they reset today. So all the haters can hate, the game will be a succuss and all the crap y'all you can do wont make it otherwise

I am playing retail as we speak. It is running in the background.  I have played more than 15 MAJOR mmos.. this one is by far the worst one in terms of both informational resources and game interaction (both social and UI) that I have ever played.   I honestly have no idea what I am doing half of the time because I never played FFXI and I have never played a game that doesn't let you simply chat with others.  This game needs some help or it is going the way of the dodo... period.  I can handle some analytical challenge.  What I can't handle is not being able to easily ask anyone how to get started.  What I can't handle is how to equip something because I don't have the points to equip it even though I have been leveling it the whole time.  This game is backwards and confusing.  Torture yourselves all you want but it won't change the facts.  People who play this game wan't to  A. be tortured or B. are used to it from FFXI.  ( I am guessing it was just as bad).

Playing: Nothing
    Retired:Too many to list.