Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV I Want my money back!!!

Comments

• slntnsntyslntnsnty Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by FreedomBlade

Sorry but if you were fool enough to buy this POS after reading all the beta reviews here then more fool you.

People who buy these EQ clones and then ask for money back do not deserve it as these generic cookie cutters are very open about what they are - they are not offering anything new in terms of game play from the original EQ with the standardised auto attack snore combat and go kill X amount of Y and go fetch X from Y....

Seriously ....

Seriously? There is no auto attack... 

However, if it was an updated version of EQ1 with better graphics. I'd play it!

• GanksinatraGanksinatra Member UncommonPosts: 455

Originally posted by Blazeyer

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Sinella

"You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around"

What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...

I'm sorry you didn't like the emote quest, I personally enjoyed it.

And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.

Alts aren't all about new classes; often it's about new characters.  Unless you can change your race/appearance/gender/name (or whatever scheme is used in this game), stacking class options on a single character does little to define it.  It just makes it kind of a heinz 57 mutt without anything special or unique about it.  Of course, if you don't give a hoot about RP, then this probably suits you well enough.  But I thought the FF series was all about story and roleplaying...

I knew there were some pretty odd decisions made in this game, but charging for every alt is really pushing at the bounds of absurdity.  I mean, wow; tell me I'm misreading this.

They did the same thing in 11. The company makes your user created toons more unique than any other game currently offers. They make it entirely possible to experience every class/craft on 1 character. However, I agree $3 is a little much, the $1 per extra in XI was more reasonable to me.

How is everyone being able to be the exact same and have the exact same gear/abilities/spells unique? Hahaha you need a dictionary or something. If anything, this game is SO LAZY in the character department that there is absolutely NO uniqueness outside of appearance, and there aren't many options there either.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Originally posted by klarr

Are they serious? The game interaction is horrible.  

You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around.  When you talk to a person you're locked in place!!   I spent 30 min on a quest trying to do the emotes in the right order to calm an NPC and to do emotes you have to open a menu scroll and select the emote!!  its painful !!  Do the game developers even know what a mouse and keyboard are?

Try attacking a mob only to have the camera swing back from where you set it to a point where your body is blocking the view of the mob you're attacking.  Fairly hard to select something when your body is blocking it.. Oh i guess you could tab through every mob in the area again.. 

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?   Just signing up and getting through all the codes to collect my bonus items was painful.    Even patching was painful; after a half an hour of 2.2kb download speeds i did some research on the web and came across a post about opening ports on my firewall for their p2p patcher,  I would have expected their application to notified me it was having problems with the firewall, but again.. i guess i was expecting a quality product.  I use Utorrent all the time and never had to forward ports.  

Unless you wish for a lot of pain and frustration in your life.. stay clear of this game. 

Klar

This was my experience in Beta and why I didn't buy the game.  If they can revamp the controls it might be a game I'd try.  I just so want Vanguard to be managed right by SoE  :(  I played it for 3 years and am desparately looking for something to replace it.

• sephiroth112sephiroth112 Member UncommonPosts: 55

meh many wow lovers still trolling, they never undertand that ff you only need 1 char , and you have big possibility for crew

wow 1 toon = eternal fail

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Ganksinatra

"You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around"

What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...

I'm sorry you didn't like the emote quest, I personally enjoyed it.

And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.

Alts aren't all about new classes; often it's about new characters.  Unless you can change your race/appearance/gender/name (or whatever scheme is used in this game), stacking class options on a single character does little to define it.  It just makes it kind of a heinz 57 mutt without anything special or unique about it.  Of course, if you don't give a hoot about RP, then this probably suits you well enough.  But I thought the FF series was all about story and roleplaying...

I knew there were some pretty odd decisions made in this game, but charging for every alt is really pushing at the bounds of absurdity.  I mean, wow; tell me I'm misreading this.

They did the same thing in 11. The company makes your user created toons more unique than any other game currently offers. They make it entirely possible to experience every class/craft on 1 character. However, I agree $3 is a little much, the $1 per extra in XI was more reasonable to me.

How is everyone being able to be the exact same and have the exact same gear/abilities/spells unique? Hahaha you need a dictionary or something. If anything, this game is SO LAZY in the character department that there is absolutely NO uniqueness outside of appearance, and there aren't many options there either.

If you have 100 abilities and can only be one class at a time and only choose a certain limited number of those abilities.. yeah, those are pretty wide open options there.  I think you need a research tome, <insert favored swear here> a dictionary.  If you had even thought about the system for more than quarter of a second you'd realize how customizable it could be.  And no, of course there aren't many options for appearance.. except for having hundreds of armor pieces in hundreds of colors and being able to modify them when creating them to make them look different.. everybody will look the same and be in the same gear.  Yep.  At least insult things that deserve being insulted.

*facepalm*

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• Shivian12Shivian12 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by neodavie

Perhaps you should just email SquareEnix?

That will not work trust me people STAY AWAY from Clickandbuy they will screw you over many times from reading other forums good thing I did not register my info or anything like just using the free trial till middle of October since Oct 22nd is when the free trial ends.

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

That's not accurate either... But how does each class having their own unique abilities differ from any other game?

All the alternate advancement stuff was added half a decade after  their release.

Here, you can effectively blend the classes to your liking creating almost any class you want. Want a Dark Night? Level up your Conjuror and Equip a Murauder with Elemental Spells. Want an All Out Healer? Level up Thermautauge and combine it's HoT with your Cures as a Conjuror... You have freedom here.

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• Originally posted by klarr

You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around.  When you talk to a person you're locked in place!!   I spent 30 min on a quest trying to do the emotes in the right order to calm an NPC and to do emotes you have to open a menu scroll and select the emote!!  its painful !!  Do the game developers even know what a mouse and keyboard are?

Try attacking a mob only to have the camera swing back from where you set it to a point where your body is blocking the view of the mob you're attacking.  Fairly hard to select something when your body is blocking it.. Oh i guess you could tab through every mob in the area again.. 

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?   Just signing up and getting through all the codes to collect my bonus items was painful.    Even patching was painful; after a half an hour of 2.2kb download speeds i did some research on the web and came across a post about opening ports on my firewall for their p2p patcher,  I would have expected their application to notified me it was having problems with the firewall, but again.. i guess i was expecting a quality product.  I use Utorrent all the time and never had to forward ports.  

Unless you wish for a lot of pain and frustration in your life.. stay clear of this game. 

Klar

Lol maybe it's just you. I personally am enjoying the game very much. The camera pretty much stays behind me, you can use I,J,K,L to move the camera around, or press R while you're running to autorun and just use A and D to turn your characterand the camera follows automatically  My patcher after the CD install took about 30 minutes. Oh, the emote quest.....If you read the dialogue going on it tells you which emote to use....that part of the quest took me about 15 minutes(including the reading). Hmmmm....do you REALLY need to running around when speaking to an npc? You must no be reading or you're not watching where you're running.  The camera swings back behind you when you attack something because it locks on to your target, You can A) press C to unlock or B) Turn the autolock-on feature off in the configuration. "Open a menu to use emotes"? I don't see what is so bad about this....do you want a hotbar of emotes too? The patcher, just learn some patience. Everything you're bitching about is minimal, except for maybe the pricing. If you need 3 characters for some reason......(hopefully just to see all three cities opening movies?) Then yeah you'll be paying, IF that is the way the pricing works. I think extra characters are a one time fee. So, 18.99 for the first month and then 9.99 for the rest of the time. Horrible review from someone with no patience and little will to learn.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Originally posted by jonesing22

Klar

Lol maybe it's just you. I personally am enjoying the game very much. The camera pretty much stays behind me, you can use I,J,K,L to move the camera around, or press R while you're running to autorun and just use A and D to turn your characterand the camera follows automatically  My patcher after the CD install took about 30 minutes. Oh, the emote quest.....If you read the dialogue going on it tells you which emote to use....that part of the quest took me about 15 minutes(including the reading). Hmmmm....do you REALLY need to running around when speaking to an npc? You must no be reading or you're not watching where you're running.  The camera swings back behind you when you attack something because it locks on to your target, You can A) press C to unlock or B) Turn the autolock-on feature off in the configuration. "Open a menu to use emotes"? I don't see what is so bad about this....do you want a hotbar of emotes too? The patcher, just learn some patience. Everything you're bitching about is minimal, except for maybe the pricing. If you need 3 characters for some reason......(hopefully just to see all three cities opening movies?) Then yeah you'll be paying, IF that is the way the pricing works. I think extra characters are a one time fee. So, 18.99 for the first month and then 9.99 for the rest of the time. Horrible review from someone with no patience and little will to learn.

I'm pretty sure it's $3 per character per month.  If I am wrong then hurray!!

EDIT: 100th post...Yay!!

• Itchy01Itchy01 Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Psychow

Originally posted by jonesing22

Klar

I'm pretty sure it's $3 per character per month.  

EDIT: 100th post...Yay!!

Anybody know if its possible to create 8 characters in your free month to shop for a server than cancel all but one when your 30 days is up?

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

Nope Itchy, they only refund $12.99 which is the cost of 1 character and your account so far as I know.

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

You're a fail of a troll.

everyone is the exact same hmm? that's entirely what the system is preventing . My toon can level x jobs and x crafts. as opposed to say EQ or WoW or 99% of other MMO's where you get 1 class and only a few options of crafting on a single toon. you want to see something not be unique? look at WoW. no matter who you are in that game...you are not special. the general population doesn't know any of the best players (yes i've done my time in WoW) . Because you don't have to be amazing, and there are 5000 other people with the exact race, class, crafts, equip, and haircut as you. In 14 (and 11 for that matter) you can ask any of the max level people on the server who some of the best players and linkshells are and they can list them off. that's because the toons are unique! The characters are so unique you have no clue. the appearances are blah to me, i wish it was better.

play the game, or at least research what you're talking about before you try to troll.

• Itchy01Itchy01 Member Posts: 103

Originally posted by Fortenc

Nope Itchy, they only refund $12.99 which is the cost of 1 character and your account so far as I know.

ah okay good thing I asked hehe, thanks.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

I know you dont 'need' more than one character, but on this issue I'm gonna have to side with those that say they do. I always have at least 3 characters in every game. One is the Mr. Nice guy who is usually running a guild or an officier in one, always go out of my way to be helpful all the time, even if it means sacrificing my own items and money to help someone else. But you know, there are those times when you get home from work and you just want to hang with the group of guys on the server who tell it like it is, piss off half the world, and laugh thier ass off because they are having unihibited fun. Hence characrer number two. The third character is my hider, when I want to play but just dont want anyone to know I'm even online. Never in a guild, and the RP personality is always a mute, never says a word to anyone...ever (will emote occasionally but never speak).

So yeah, I will have at least 3 characters in FFXIV, already have them built actually. I'm willing to foot the extra $4 for 3 characters (normal MMO is $14.95 - game plus 3 characters here is $18.99) because I will enjoy my time playing better this way.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• alkrmralkrmr Member UncommonPosts: 236

having every player be able to be every class means no player is unique, everyone is playing the same class just different look and there's not much customization

Originally posted by alkrmr

having every player be able to be every class means no player is unique, everyone is playing the same class just different look and there's not much customization

^This. But apparently pointing out the glaringly obvious is "trolling".

^ This is absolutely wrong from the start. If this person actually tried to play this game, and spent more than 5 minutes realizing how this games class system works, they would know thier comment is 100% false. And no, I'm not going to explain it, personally I think this person should buy the game and learn it for themselves. If they are unwilling to do that, then they should stop trying to tell lies on these forums about things they have no understanding of.

Sorry if you dont like that, but its the truth, you really have no understanding of the class system in this game.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

Originally posted by Kaocan

^ This is absolutely wrong from the start. If this person actually tried to play this game, and spent more than 5 minutes realizing how this games class system works, they would know thier comment is 100% false. And no, I'm not going to explain it, personally I think this person should buy the game and learn it for themselves. If they are unwilling to do that, then they should stop trying to tell lies on these forums about things they have no understanding of.

Sorry if you dont like that, but its the truth, you really have no understanding of the class system in this game.

So basically you  can mix and match all the special abilities of all the classes. And you're telling me people won't min/max, find a certain combo of abiliies, and use that to get into the best linkshells? You must be high. If everyone can get everything, pretty soon you'll have cookie cutter tank specs, cookie cutter heal specs, and cookie cutter dps specs, all min/maxxed to do content, just like every other game. Unfortunately, EVERYONE can do EVERYTHING so you're about as unique as an identical set of twins with different hair cuts.

• SatansPuppetSatansPuppet Member Posts: 55
    But don't the classes decline over time? So no matter how hard you try to keep everything maxed I don't think the game will actually let you get to that point due to the levelling caps it puts on to stop p,ayers rushing content..

At least that's what I got from the video on the system I saw on YouTube, I still don't understand it though :)

Originally posted by SatansPuppet

But don't the classes decline over time? So no matter how hard you try to keep everything maxed I don't think the game will actually let you get to that point due to the levelling caps it puts on to stop p,ayers rushing content.. At least that's what I got from the video on the system I saw on YouTube, I still don't understand it though :)

Nah, you can maxx all clases with the surplus....it's actually what they force you to do with the surplus. You have to change classes after a certain amount of time.

So basically you  can mix and match all the special abilities of all the classes. And you're telling me people won't min/max, find a certain combo of abiliies, and use that to get into the best linkshells? You must be high. If everyone can get everything, pretty soon you'll have cookie cutter tank specs, cookie cutter heal specs, and cookie cutter dps specs, all min/maxxed to do content, just like every other game. Unfortunately, EVERYONE can do EVERYTHING so you're about as unique as an identical set of twins with different hair cuts.

Look, someone else who hasn't played this game coming on the forums spouting anger to try and get a rise out of people. Yes, everyone can be everything, and yes it is possible people will be stupid enough to try and play the numbers game here like they do in WoW to get that 'perfect spec'. Your right there will always be idiots out there who think the flavor of the month will get them ahead in a game. Cookie cutter spec is going to end up being encounter specific, if you want to go ahead and specialized yourself into a niche job and be useless on everything but one particular encounter, sure, by all means go for it. If your ability to be 'good' at a game relies solely on the numbers being at thier peak, well then in my opinion your just a crappy player. Give me someone who is really good with thier own setup and I bet you they will do 10 times more for you than the 1000 FoTM cookie cutter spec players.

The truth is, in FFXIV, the people who are identical and unoriginal, are going to be these type of people ONLY. If they want to be this way, thats thier choice, it is not a requirement. Going off like you did saying EVEYRONE is going to is just stupid, stop making shit up to support your argument. Not everyone is as shallow as you when it comes to playing games, and not everyone is going to play FFXIV like WoW. Take your cookie cutter holy trinity gear score spec and go back to your 'hard' raiding. The skill/class system in FFXIV is not ANYTHING like WoW, not even a little.

Seriously, why do we have people who have never played this game coming on here trying to tell everyone HOW IT IS when they dont know?

• UldahUldah Member Posts: 162

edit; nvm not worth my time explaining after reading that last post.

Clearly no idea what he is talking about .

In short, is no diferent than people playing the priority classes to get  into the linkshells.

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Blutmaul

Originally posted by Hepisodic

Originally posted by Omali

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?  

You shouldn't have any need for alts, you can do everything from one character.

No game is ever fun playing the same toon forever.

You are aware of the fact that this one toon can master any class and any profession?

I hate twinking so much i never play a second char so i am really happy with that :)

It's just the mindset of a few players there is a far greater gaming population out there that likes to make other toons just for looks. Has nothing to do with mastering class or professions. But w/e you enjoy what you enjoy thats why people play certain MMO's and other's don't.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• maskedtearsmaskedtears Member UncommonPosts: 345

If you don't like it because you don't understand why. Then don't play it because you probably aren't already.

The people who understand and play will keep playing. To me personally having one character adds to my immersion. Because I know that other people mostly have 1 character. I don't have to worry about dealing with Asshole #1 and all ten thousand of his alts. 

Moreover since the game has gone live I haven't seen 1. Not ONE gold seller. It's going to cost them more than it's worth with this system. 

You can say that the characters are alike all you want but it simply isn't true. Your birthdate is important as well as your Patron. And then on top of that you also have your elemental attributes. And on top of THAT you have your regular stats which you have to place yourself. And on top of that you need to keep track of what the moon and sun cycle is so you know when you are going to be the Beast of Beasts. That's a lot of ways that characters can be different. Plus with this system you can effectively play any class you like and still be qualified for grouping up with others. Have a bunch of glads together? Who needs a healer if there are none to be found, attach a heal to your slot and maybe second wind when you have a cure cool down. Throw on some stone skin and you are golden. It lets people play the way they want to play when they want to play it. 

You wanted my time, so I played you. You wanted my money, I forked it over. You wanted my soul, I gave it willingly. Not to complain... but when do I get my end of the deal? And no, I don't want your flippin' carrot. If you can't do that give me back my youth and keep the change. Why don't you try chasing your own damn carrot for a change? I'll gladly hold the stick.

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

It mans the exact opposite.  Nobody can play every job and every craft up to 50.  The guildleve cooldown system alone prevents that.

In most games, you'll level one class to max and have the exact same abilities as another class.  They offer things like "specs" but that only makes you basically one of three things.  In this game, what you're able to do is determined by what other jobs you decide to level up and what abilites you take from them.  Not only that, but race plays litttle role so you will see every race being every job without being "gimped", and crafting plays a large role so people with different crafts are likely to have specialized gear.

I honestly think it's possible for NOBODY to be exactly the same as anyone else at Max.  Stat allocation, element affinity, sun and moon and guardian affinity.  All these things can be different.  That's not to mention that the classes themselves are not usually "pure" classes and can usually do more than one thing on their own (ESPECIALLY when you factor in "subjob"- like abilities).

___

This is the second time I've read this in this thread.  Not only that but nothing the OP said was true.  When are trolls of this game going to at least be correct in their complaints, or at the very least complain about things that are a matter of opinion rather than just being plain wrong???

It would be nice if trolls and fans could work together on what's actually good and bad about the game rather than trolls lying, usually because it's the 4th hour of playing and they have ADD apparently, and fans telling them they're wrong over and over.  Not only is it unproductive but it's the reason the game has an undeserved negative rep overall on this message board.