Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV I Want my money back!!!

Comments

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

Sorry but if you were fool enough to buy this POS after reading all the beta reviews here then more fool you.

People who buy these EQ clones and then ask for money back do not deserve it as these generic cookie cutters are very open about what they are - they are not offering anything new in terms of game play from the original EQ with the standardised auto attack snore combat and go kill X amount of Y and go fetch X from Y....

Seriously ....

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

you deffinitely dont deserve a cent back after the effort people on this website put into letting the public know how terribad this game was.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Can't wait until this game starts getting some reviews.

• Why are there so many people in this thread pointing out how bad the game is? I don't mind the topic creator getting a bit rude feedback because his topic was a bit, well he didn't really pick his word carefully. But if I don't like a game, I don't spend time in their forums. I know its been question 100 times why people do it, but it still puzzles me. And I think there is room for eq games, there are still tons of people who enjoy it. Just because someone thinks they are old and out of date doesn't make the old and out of date. There are plenty of new mmorpgs coming out with emphasis on skilled combat and so forth, why can't we have both "genres" ?

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

After playing this game in Alpha, CB & OB as well as last 48 hours of Live I can tell you this game is just like all the other Final Fantasy Games. Slow UI, Complicated and FUN AS ALL HELL. I have also seen this game evolve. One thing is certain, with FFXIV you will get Support and Content...something many MMOs fail to do shortly after launch.

If you like Final Fantasy, you'll probably love this game and play it for a few years at least, it is very much an EQ feel, by that I mean Epic Battles, Large Open World, Deep Story Lines and Quest Experience, Steep Learning Curve.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• OnionsauceOnionsauce Member Posts: 25

Wrong thread.

• OnionsauceOnionsauce Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by Sinella

"You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around"

What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...

I'm sorry you didn't like the emote quest, I personally enjoyed it.

And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.

QFT

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

Originally posted by klarr

Are they serious? The game interaction is horrible.  

You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around.  When you talk to a person you're locked in place!!   I spent 30 min on a quest trying to do the emotes in the right order to calm an NPC and to do emotes you have to open a menu scroll and select the emote!!  its painful !!  Do the game developers even know what a mouse and keyboard are?

Try attacking a mob only to have the camera swing back from where you set it to a point where your body is blocking the view of the mob you're attacking.  Fairly hard to select something when your body is blocking it.. Oh i guess you could tab through every mob in the area again.. 

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?   Just signing up and getting through all the codes to collect my bonus items was painful.    Even patching was painful; after a half an hour of 2.2kb download speeds i did some research on the web and came across a post about opening ports on my firewall for their p2p patcher,  I would have expected their application to notified me it was having problems with the firewall, but again.. i guess i was expecting a quality product.  I use Utorrent all the time and never had to forward ports.  

Unless you wish for a lot of pain and frustration in your life.. stay clear of this game. 

Klar

Shame on you for buying the game.  If you did your homework and read up on the beta notes you'd have been fully aware of these items.  This is why I cancelled my pre-order about a week ago.  I have no patience for the number of game play elements are are within the game. 

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• scythe99scythe99 Member Posts: 326

Originally posted by Blazeyer

Originally posted by Unlight

"You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around"
    What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...
    I'm sorry you didn't like the emote quest, I personally enjoyed it.
    And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.
    Alts aren't all about new classes; often it's about new characters.  Unless you can change your race/appearance/gender/name (or whatever scheme is used in this game), stacking class options on a single character does little to define it.  It just makes it kind of a heinz 57 mutt without anything special or unique about it.  Of course, if you don't give a hoot about RP, then this probably suits you well enough.  But I thought the FF series was all about story and roleplaying...
    I knew there were some pretty odd decisions made in this game, but charging for every alt is really pushing at the bounds of absurdity.  I mean, wow; tell me I'm misreading this.

They did the same thing in 11. The company makes your user created toons more unique than any other game currently offers. They make it entirely possible to experience every class/craft on 1 character. However, I agree $3 is a little much, the $1 per extra in XI was more reasonable to me.

Not quite in FF11 u could only take 1 craft to 100, the rest would cap at around 60 if I remember right.

"An MMORPG could be completely diffirent from WoW. Just look at games like Dofus, Wizard101 or EVE. But as it is, most of the Western MMOs are trying to succeed by out-WoWing WoW. It's like an army of 10 sports games made about same sports, and barely none about other sports. WoW clone is an accurate description of those games, it manages to convey much information with only two words."
    -Poster on mmorpg.com

Rift: World of Warcraft clone #9321 Nothing special to see here move along.

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Omali

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?  

You shouldn't have any need for alts, you can do everything from one character.

No game is ever fun playing the same toon forever.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Originally posted by Hepisodic

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?  

You are aware of the fact that this one toon can master any class and any profession?
    I hate twinking so much i never play a second char so i am really happy with that :)

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Originally posted by Hepisodic

I had a blast just playing one TOON in SWG !!!!  The system in SWG worked with only one toon just simply flawless !!!!

I see FFXIV just about the same as SWG exclude open zone housing/player cities.  I really wish they add those into the game later.

Anyway, so you are wrong !! =p  One toon in MMORPG makes balance to economics and will build better communities !!  (everyone has their role to play)

• BelarionBelarion Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by KilorTheMeek

Originally posted by Digna

Default is off. I logged in then realized it wasn't on. Logged out, one check box and away we went.

Was default on for me...

Default on for me as well. The mouse was the only thing not lagging :P.  But my system needs help.

I love snails.
    I love every kinda snail.
    I just want to hug them all, but I cant.
    Cant hug every snail.

• OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162
    I love how people are bashing the game that have not eve played retail. I can tell you this much. The leve timer was shortened, there is hardware mouse support, the Ui lag is gone, u have reached lvl 12 phys, 10 pug, 7 bs, 8 leather work and 5 armor, no fatigue. Oh and when I started yesterday with leves, they reset today. So all the haters can hate, the game will be a succuss and all the crap y'all you can do wont make it otherwise
  • ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

If you really have to pay for extra toons.. wow and you still want to play this mmo. This MMO is not about fun, player its about MONEY..yes all are to a point but some really care about the players. I LOVE having extra toons.. and to only play one.. and then PAY for more.. later

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

As it has been said many times and in many ways. Most games give you 1 class to play and the 1 or 2 crafts. Most people roll alts as mules and for different class play types.

In FF14 a single character can be all classes and all crafts over time. And you get a freebie NPC mule.

• ghostinfinitghostinfinit Member UncommonPosts: 552

I'm not sure if I can stick with FFXIV.  I have to actually READ the quests when I get them.  WTH is that?  It's been a day in a half and nobody has cared enough to ask me my gear score or to post an achieve.  NOT a single person has followed me around begging me to duel them either.  I can't remember the last time I've heard "you mad bro?" the word "fail"  or even a chuck norris joke.

Oh well.

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Lol

Every system in this game is designed to make you psychologically pay the subscription cost+ to "have more fun".  I think that is the primary cause of his frustration with the charges on the alt characters.  Once a character gets to the xp time limit and gets "nerfed" peoples reaction sometimes will be that they want to play another character.  By having a charge on those additional characters you are making people feel forced to pay "extra" for something that is wrapped into the sub fees of every other game. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• OrtisaiOrtisai Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by Zeblade

If you really have to pay for extra toons.. wow and you still want to play this mmo. This MMO is not about fun, player its about MONEY..yes all are to a point but some really care about the players. I LOVE having extra toons.. and to only play one.. and then PAY for more.. later

When you refer to TOON you must be refering to WoW right? Because the CHARACTER design looks no where near cartoony like warcraft does. I have one CHARACTER and that character does not require me to log off then back on to change my class
  • astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Originally posted by Digna

As it has been said many times and in many ways. Most games give you 1 class to play and the 1 or 2 crafts. Most people roll alts as mules and for different class play types.

In FF14 a single character can be all classes and all crafts over time. And you get a freebie NPC mule.

People roll alts for many reasons. Different starting locations, different personalities, different clans...

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• choujiofkonochoujiofkono Member Posts: 852

Originally posted by Ortisai

Originally posted by Zeblade

When you refer to TOON you must be refering to WoW right? Because the CHARACTER design looks no where near cartoony like warcraft does. I have one CHARACTER and that character does not require me to log off then back on to change my class

It's amazing how often people use WoW to bash on other people in these forums like playing that game is a bad thing.  It's just another MMO.  I think people who feel the need to mention it as a defense to something someone posts is just sad.

The word "toon" has been used interchangeably with "character" for the entire lifespan of the MMO genre.  I have no idea where you were at the time. 

"I'm not cheap I'm incredibly subconsciously financially optimized"
    "The worst part of censorship is ------------------"

• GenreNinjaGenreNinja Member CommonPosts: 159

Half of what the OP said isn't entirely correct..

I'm suprised at how quickly people are jumping to throwing hissy fits..

---

Live a life less ordinary.

• UldahUldah Member Posts: 162

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Lol

Every system in this game is designed to make you psychologically pay the subscription cost+ to "have more fun".  I think that is the primary cause of his frustration with the charges on the alt characters.  Once a character gets to the xp time limit and gets "nerfed" peoples reaction sometimes will be that they want to play another character.  By having a charge on those additional characters you are making people feel forced to pay "extra" for something that is wrapped into the sub fees of every other game. 

Why are you still here ?

Everyone got the point you despise this game last round of your rant.

If you knew just  a bit of all the BS your talking bout you would know none since open beta have hit surplus yet , at least nobady that i know of, and you still whant to try and bash the game you absolutly hate with oldated news becouse you ran out of arguments?.

Do you feel an urge to be the super hero of MMO gamers to come and  protect us from the so evil SE who is liying to us , and making us buy a shit game, hence stealing our money?.Get a hint , we dont need your stupid coments or your help.

Every single coment you make is complet and utter bs , based on your imagination, nothin like the actual facts.

People like you is why fans use the "GTFO" terms every now and then.Go troll somewere else.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

Originally posted by ghostinfinit

I'm not sure if I can stick with FFXIV.  I have to actually READ the quests when I get them.  WTH is that?  It's been a day in a half and nobody has cared enough to ask me my gear score or to post an achieve.  NOT a single person has followed me around begging me to duel them either.  I can't remember the last time I've heard "you mad bro?" the word "fail"  or even a chuck norris joke.

Oh well.

Heh, that was pretty good. LOL

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

Originally posted by Uldah

Originally posted by choujiofkono

Lol

Why are you still here ?

Everyone got the point you despise this game last round of your rant.

If you knew just  a bit of all the BS your talking bout you would know none since open beta have hit surplus yet , at least nobady that i know of, and you still whant to try and bash the game you absolutly hate with oldated news becouse you ran out of arguments?.

Do you feel an urge to be the super hero of MMO gamers to come and  protect us from the so evil SE who is liying to us , and making us buy a shit game, hence stealing our money?.Get a hint , we dont need your stupid coments or your help.

Every single coment you make is complet and utter bs , based on your imagination, nothin like the actual facts.

People like you is why fans use the "GTFO" terms every now and then.Go troll somewere else.

Hey, I wanted to post a post just saying 'GTFO' to him, too.  No fair.  He's been lurking this board like a daemon whilst as far as I know (and he has stated before) never having played the game but obviously knowledgable or opinionated enough to play devil's advocate and spout out old news that has been fixed or is a non-issue such as surplus.  Why not just stick to forums where you're actually the SLIGHTEST bit interested in the subject matter so you don't spout negativity until the end of time?  And yeah, good luck hitting surplus.. and then definitely go and play another character, that's what you'd do...

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.