Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV I Want my money back!!!

Are they serious? The game interaction is horrible.  

You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around.  When you talk to a person you're locked in place!!   I spent 30 min on a quest trying to do the emotes in the right order to calm an NPC and to do emotes you have to open a menu scroll and select the emote!!  its painful !!  Do the game developers even know what a mouse and keyboard are?

Try attacking a mob only to have the camera swing back from where you set it to a point where your body is blocking the view of the mob you're attacking.  Fairly hard to select something when your body is blocking it.. Oh i guess you could tab through every mob in the area again.. 

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?   Just signing up and getting through all the codes to collect my bonus items was painful.    Even patching was painful; after a half an hour of 2.2kb download speeds i did some research on the web and came across a post about opening ports on my firewall for their p2p patcher,  I would have expected their application to notified me it was having problems with the firewall, but again.. i guess i was expecting a quality product.  I use Utorrent all the time and never had to forward ports.  

Unless you wish for a lot of pain and frustration in your life.. stay clear of this game. 

Klar

Comments

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by klarr

You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around.  When you talk to a person you're locked in place!!   I spent 30 min on a quest trying to do the emotes in the right order to calm an NPC and to do emotes you have to open a menu scroll and select the emote!!  its painful !!  Do the game developers even know what a mouse and keyboard are?

Try attacking a mob only to have the camera swing back from where you set it to a point where your body is blocking the view of the mob you're attacking.  Fairly hard to select something when your body is blocking it.. Oh i guess you could tab through every mob in the area again.. 

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?   Just signing up and getting through all the codes to collect my bonus items was painful.    Even patching was painful; after a half an hour of 2.2kb download speeds i did some research on the web and came across a post about opening ports on my firewall for their p2p patcher,  I would have expected their application to notified me it was having problems with the firewall, but again.. i guess i was expecting a quality product.  I use Utorrent all the time and never had to forward ports.  

Unless you wish for a lot of pain and frustration in your life.. stay clear of this game. 

Klar

If what you are saying about the pricing is true, that's pretty damned rediculous.

• kalanthiskalanthis Member Posts: 111

That quest is a pain, but the whole point of it is to teach you to use emotes, and by the end of it I knew you could use the keyboard to enter commands...

The charge per character is steep, but one of my favourite things about this game is that I can play any class I want to on my main...the only reason I ever rolled 20 alts was because I wanted to play different classes/use different abilities. In FFXIV I've got little reason to want an alt.

The mouse was a bit of a pain in the Beta, but I've heard they've patched that (as per other posts today).

I haven't picked it up yet. Civ 5 is out tomorrow, so if I get bored of that before DCUO, FFXIV may be in with a chance.

• SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343

"You can't adjust the camera to follow you when you turn around"

What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...

I'm sorry you didn't like the emote quest, I personally enjoyed it.

And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

Perhaps you should just email SquareEnix?

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• andurandur Member UncommonPosts: 37

Klar

You can always give your game to me Klar! ;)

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

To add salt to the wound they are charging by the number of char's plus 9.99 a month?   so 3 chars is around 18.99 a month?  

You shouldn't have any need for alts, you can do everything from one character.

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

you could always give your account away and cut ur losses lol. 

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748

OP you should have come to this site before you bought the game. Pretty much everything you mentioned has been beaten to death for weeks on these very forums.

• judex99judex99 Member UncommonPosts: 392

Where have you been man, people around the net were claiming that is a bad game ( or just an "special" one ) after playing the open beta, even tho. you buy it... and then come to this forums to claim how bad it is... more than that... you even ask for a refund... cmon,  i only can say that natural selection is fuc... up.

• KaocanKaocan Member UncommonPosts: 1,270

Seriously, took 30 minutes to do the emote quest in Ul'Dah?? Its 6 emotes she gives you in order, all listed in italic text. All you have to do is repeat them, in order, to her and the 2 guys and your done, takes 5 minutes max. She even tells you that, wow.

Not to mention all you need is a freakin / for the emotes, just like every other game out there today. Here, let me help you out.

6 emotes in order

/furious

/beckon

/laugh

/deny

/upset

/soothe

Do those with her, then walk over to the stage and do those with the guys targetted. 5 minutes and move on. Just amazed some of the simplest things are driving people into rage on this game, seriously what is going on? This isn't rocket science.

(DISCLAIMER - The use of the word YOU in the above post is not directed at any one person in particular, but towards those who fall into the category itself - there is no personal attack here, neither intentional nor implied.)

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

just done bother with the mouse
    it takes a new way of playing ot what your familiar with, i too hit the mass frustration in closed beta, then learned my way around it, the only gripe i had from hten on was ui latency which apaprently is sorted

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

Klar

• You can play in first person mode if scrolling around the camera is that hard for you, thne the camera will always be facing the direction your character is playing on.

• They actually changed the quest dialogue on some of these quests so the emote you need is said by that charcter in the dialogue, italicized.

• You can also emote by doing it as a slash cmmand.  E.g. /bow.

• You can also shift-tab to go back to the left if you missed your mob for some reason.

• They did nothing to hide the cost of the game before you bought it.

I know, Caveat Emptor, but come on - at least try a little to use the product properly.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

i think karr needs to give it mroe time im sure hes not handicap and learn how the game works

• ErhunErhun Member Posts: 170

Klar

You know you could always just type the emotes. The quest you are talking about he even tells you what to type... ex: /clap

you only need 1 char i dont get why people want more. i like spending 12.99 on an mmo.

as far as the camera controls work. Have you looked at the key bindings yet? JIKL are the camera controls, they are backwards at first, at least for me, but if you switch them around they work great. you can always use the right mouse button too.

The patcher does suck. that is why you download the files elsewhere and do it manually, took all of 12 min :)

Haters gonna hate. what's funny is i wasn't going to purchase this game because of everything people were saying pre ordered it a week ago and im pretty happy i did, definately the best mmo release i have ever seen.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by kalanthis

1. That quest is a pain, but the whole point of it is to teach you to use emotes, and by the end of it I knew you could use the keyboard to enter commands...

2. The charge per character is steep, but one of my favourite things about this game is that I can play any class I want to on my main...the only reason I ever rolled 20 alts was because I wanted to play different classes/use different abilities. In FFXIV I've got little reason to want an alt.

3. The mouse was a bit of a pain in the Beta, but I've heard they've patched that (as per other posts today).

1. Exactly.

2. Same here

3. It was. You can enable mouse control in the Config file under graphics.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by Digna

Originally posted by kalanthis

1. That quest is a pain, but the whole point of it is to teach you to use emotes, and by the end of it I knew you could use the keyboard to enter commands...

2. The charge per character is steep, but one of my favourite things about this game is that I can play any class I want to on my main...the only reason I ever rolled 20 alts was because I wanted to play different classes/use different abilities. In FFXIV I've got little reason to want an alt.

3. The mouse was a bit of a pain in the Beta, but I've heard they've patched that (as per other posts today).

1. Exactly.

2. Same here

3. It was. You can enable mouse control in the Config file under graphics.

I have a question about the mouse.

Is Hardware Mouse set to default on or off?

Default is off. I logged in then realized it wasn't on. Logged out, one check box and away we went.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Originally posted by colddog04

Is Hardware Mouse set to default on or off?

It was defaulted to on for me. Be sure to do a full uninstall on the beta client

All die, so die well.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Default is off. I logged in then realized it wasn't on. Logged out, one check box and away we went.

They could have saved a lot of forum posts/complaints by making it default on. Ah well.

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

Was default on for me...

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Odd... And I love your fat cat avatar!

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Klar

The only actual argument you have is that the patcher sucks. You honestly have must never played or even researched this game before buying the CE, which is your fault. You do not need multiple characters...you can do everything with 1 toon. No, you do not need a undead to become a mage (speaking in WoW terms so you can understand) you can be a giant hulking guy and mage it up (and have ppl call you a noob in the process). Any toon can do anything and excel at it. Instead of complaining about $3 per toon, you should realise that most games cost $15 per month and limit your characters while ff costs you $13 per month, and although you get 1 character you can do more with it than filling the 10 toon slots in most games.

and ugghhh yes the patcher is so terrible. it was bad in FFXI, and I can already tell it's worse in XIV.

and boo server mait.

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Originally posted by Sinella

What do you mean by this ? The camera always followed me when I turned around...

And if you had read about the game before you bought it you should have known that every new character costs 3$ per month, but you don't need them. People play alts in games because characters are locked in one class....in FFXIV you can play all of the classes on 1 character.

It's better to get information about the product you plan to buy, that saves money and frustration.

Alts aren't all about new classes; often it's about new characters.  Unless you can change your race/appearance/gender/name (or whatever scheme is used in this game), stacking class options on a single character does little to define it.  It just makes it kind of a heinz 57 mutt without anything special or unique about it.  Of course, if you don't give a hoot about RP, then this probably suits you well enough.  But I thought the FF series was all about story and roleplaying...

I knew there were some pretty odd decisions made in this game, but charging for every alt is really pushing at the bounds of absurdity.  I mean, wow; tell me I'm misreading this.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

Originally posted by Unlight

Originally posted by Sinella

Alts aren't all about new classes; often it's about new characters.  Unless you can change your race/appearance/gender/name (or whatever scheme is used in this game), stacking class options on a single character does little to define it.  It just makes it kind of a heinz 57 mutt without anything special or unique about it.  Of course, if you don't give a hoot about RP, then this probably suits you well enough.  But I thought the FF series was all about story and roleplaying...

I knew there were some pretty odd decisions made in this game, but charging for every alt is really pushing at the bounds of absurdity.  I mean, wow; tell me I'm misreading this.

They did the same thing in 11. The company makes your user created toons more unique than any other game currently offers. They make it entirely possible to experience every class/craft on 1 character. However, I agree $3 is a little much, the $1 per extra in XI was more reasonable to me.

• This is news to me, the 3$ pr character, and I thought I had done proper research, guess not. But if its true that I can do mostly everything on one character, I don't see this is a big deal. Maybe I'll have two characters, depending on the rp quality on the server. Its always nice to have another character, with a different racepersonality etc. But I can tolerate 16$ a month too.