Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MORTAL ONLINE ORIGINAL MODELS VIDEO

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • oshi45oshi45 Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by Eschmek

just a question. where are the people who predict that MO will die after 3 months. pm me for some questions im preparing a new blog.

Actually I have no problem owning up to this :) I did believe MO would be dead within 3 Months and it is not, so I was wrong. 

Why it is still going is beyond me though. I don't see how it is profitable to SV, they couldn't have come close to even recouping the initial cost of development for it yet and interest is steadily on the decline. 

But in the end I was wrong, MO didn't shut down. I still don't see it surviving long though. 

And @ Chinacat: Funny fact lol, they decided to disable the who's online thing lol. Funny stuff lol. I swear some times it seems like SV is doing every thing in it's power to hide anything negative about MO. 

Amazingly enough Henrik is claiming they havent even started to invest into marketing yet which he hopes to!

For the most of what we know MO has a budget for at LEAST another year including marketing!    This in itself creates a lot of questions about how much funding MO has and how many people invested in stock and in the game.    They have several months yet until the next stockholder review and enough time before any drastic company action will happen.   If they can achieve progress by then I believe they will still be on track for a successful product.    

The fantastic situation about Mortal was the small customer base.   Even with 13k ish customers initially,  there is huge room for not only retention of the old fans but brand new customers.     IMO they have about 2 months of progess  to fix all the bugs now but the new bugs coming with announced patches.    After that is the need to pick up as many people as possible with a professional attitude.   This needs to include a public test server multiple weeks before patches.    

Third is the actual marketing of the product.    Market it for what it is,  no lies.    Tell players the "dream",  tell them what you hope to achieve in the future.     Avoid MMORPG.com  like the plague.  (honestly  this site is terrible in all forms)   Go to massively.com for honest reviews (including MO).       

• ChinaCatChinaCat Member UncommonPosts: 670

Original models and concept for the game brought a lot of us to the party.  Unfortunately the reality and dream turned out to be very different.   I hope SV turns it around but it doesn't look promising.

-CC

"Lately it occurs to me,
    what a long, strange trip it's been". -Hunter

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

And @ Chinacat: Funny fact lol, they decided to disable the who's online thing lol. Funny stuff lol. I swear some times it seems like SV is doing every thing in it's power to hide anything negative about MO. 

That's been disabled for months (at least) I'm not sure it was ever active. To see the # chinacat posted you go to the main forum site http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/ and scroll to the bottom.

For those being critical in this thread: for movies that you don't like, do you seek out "The making of ..." type books and complain about the concept art?

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by osmunda

That's been disabled for months (at least) I'm not sure it was ever active. To see the # chinacat posted you go to the main forum site http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/ and scroll to the bottom.

For those being critical in this thread: for movies that you don't like, do you seek out "The making of ..." type books and complain about the concept art?

So they showed a bunch of models...who cares? It's nothing impressive, and the bird-like creature is unfinished. Whoopdee doo

• JarnaJarna Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by MiteFiend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBflAPdVwZQ

Mats seriously needs to quit taking Rammstein soo seriously, the Chicken Hawk cut is dated and is very 1995. :P

(Here's how its done Mats.... you can look less like a emo kid, and more like a badass too.)

Who gives a f**k what does he look like as long as he does his job well -.-

• thorppesthorppes Member Posts: 452

Originally posted by SHOE788

Originally posted by osmunda

So they showed a bunch of models...who cares? It's nothing impressive, and the bird-like creature is unfinished. Whoopdee doo

It's for a dev blog... what he does and that. The models are quiet impressive though.

• challe50challe50 Member UncommonPosts: 21

I want to see more models!!!