Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good god, keep away from this game.

mmo22mmo22 Member Posts: 47

I don't wish to violate any NDA although their website is so poorly laid out I was unable to find one after 10 minutes of searching.  But lord almighty this game is a long ways off.

I won't go into detail but here is a quick overview of some game features that I pay attention to whenever playing a game.

• Dated graphics - we're talking late 90s here

• Connection and technical issue up the rear

• Horrible avatar artwork

• All terrain colored in "Baby-Vomit Green"

• Severe lack of direction for new players

• Terrible UI

• Movement and jumping sluggish

• AI dumber than a sack of bricks

• Quest dialog poorly written and full of spelling errors

I understand the game is in early stages of beta (I hope) but I can't see any amount of polish would fix the core features of the game.  For the people who have played it, this game makes Dawntide look like a masterpiece ready-to-ship.

If beta keys are transferable I would very much like to give mine away, I have no interest in further testing of this product.

To the fanboys foaming at the mouth reading this post, by all means give the game a go.  This post was not made with the intent to bash but rather warn.

To any narcissistic CubeForce PR rep or developer that may be reading these forums, you are more than welcome to contact me and I will go into more detail about the above issues and why as a player, I would not support your game.

Comments

• wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380

id be more than happy to try the game out.

• "ok"

I suggest you give the account to someone else. I won't defend the gameplay and graphics, because who am I to say what you should like or not. About the game server status and bugs, its no more or no less than any other beta I have been part of.

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

At least you had the opportunity to test it, I donwloaded the 1gb client and installed it but it can't run and my computer is good enough to run heavy graphics games so I don't know what is happening. 

• norlinorli Member UncommonPosts: 13

good Lord allmighty,

cmon DEVs its 2010 are you kidding me with this Game ? this must be a Joke, i honestly refuse to believe that this is true.

This game lacks of any Basics the Computer Gaming Industry develops in the last 20 years.

It must be a Student Project, i just refuse refuse refuse....

HAnk

• syndreamersyndreamer Member UncommonPosts: 43

Another Alganon clone...and you know how Alganon did when it released?

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

Well, I've been "downloadin" the game for over 5 hours now.. Very slow connection at their server, or it's beeing pummeled. Not sure which. Anyway, after reading this I think I'll just stay away. I only wanted to join for the cool character customization options, but it appears that there's little you can customize your character with except skills. I'm more into vanity stuff rather than skill stuff.

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by mmo22

I don't wish to violate any NDA although their website is so poorly laid out I was unable to find one after 10 minutes of searching.  But lord almighty this game is a long ways off.

I won't go into detail but here is a quick overview of some game features that I pay attention to whenever playing a game.

• Dated graphics - we're talking late 90s here

• Connection and technical issue up the rear

• Horrible avatar artwork

• All terrain colored in "Baby-Vomit Green"

• Severe lack of direction for new players

• Terrible UI

• Movement and jumping sluggish

• AI dumber than a sack of bricks

• Quest dialog poorly written and full of spelling errors

I understand the game is in early stages of beta (I hope) but I can't see any amount of polish would fix the core features of the game.  For the people who have played it, this game makes Dawntide look like a masterpiece ready-to-ship.

If beta keys are transferable I would very much like to give mine away, I have no interest in further testing of this product.

To the fanboys foaming at the mouth reading this post, by all means give the game a go.  This post was not made with the intent to bash but rather warn.

To any narcissistic CubeForce PR rep or developer that may be reading these forums, you are more than welcome to contact me and I will go into more detail about the above issues and why as a player, I would not support your game.

Damn...and I thought Dawntide was pretty sucky...

• PhillipVIIIPhillipVIII Member Posts: 62

Looks a bity like Istaria, Chronicles of the Gifted aka Horizons.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

Originally posted by TheCoon

i agree it does look pretty bad, but then again it was made in canada which isn't really known for producing anything notable at all. so, i give them props for trying.

So Ubisoft isn't notable (Montreal)? Or Bioware (Edmonton)?

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• TheCoonTheCoon Member UncommonPosts: 41

Originally posted by GTwander

Originally posted by TheCoon

i agree it does look pretty bad, but then again it was made in canada which isn't really known for producing anything notable at all. so, i give them props for trying.

So Ubisoft isn't notable (Montreal)? Or Bioware (Edmonton)?

no you're right, i stand corrected ; )

its just that when i think of canada my mind automatically goes to mike myers and alanis morrisette >.<

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Can anyone confirm this, the game looks to be made with Realm Crafter, the GUI stands out the most.

• warrner10warrner10 Member Posts: 18

plz plz plz some1 give me strength cause i just wana so bad talk to the community and rip on this so bad. I just dont want a NDA breach on my perfect CB record....O GOD WHY DID I BOTHER TO TRY THIS GAME OUT?!?!?!?! Dont get keys, dont sign up for beta...just...just dont.

And for the record i dont play WoW; quite the oposite i despise it cause it makes it hard for other potential mmos to get good recognition theses days. My baby is City of Heroes along with a handful of other F2P mmos.... but this game........no excuse just none.

• EmbryEmbry Member Posts: 3

Final Fantasy 7, 8,9 ? all from canada.

• flowergirlssflowergirlss Member Posts: 1

i can not find the client download place , when i created an account and relog in , it says the account does not exist !

• stonedelfstonedelf Member CommonPosts: 3

Well this game dissapointed me a lot, it is a very interesting idea. And I don't complain about graphics, gameplay over graphics. But it's almost unplayable. It's croweded with bugs even in the initial parts of the game. And there is no guidelines on what to do and how to do it. It was a pain to equip the weapon that I recieved in the beginning going trough a badly made dialoge system.

And then I couldn't attack most of my enemies because of range problems? I didn't understood it even on the same place as the enemy that happened.

I fear I had to say this. Not worth the time. And I  don't  really belive it will ever go out of Beta.

• paperbardpaperbard Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by jurrejanssen

Final Fantasy 7, 8,9 ? all from canada.

How the heck are they from Canada? They were made in Japan silly.

• FatezendFatezend Member Posts: 10

Just my 2 cents,but this so called "beta" test is more like a alpha stage test.I honestly can't understand why keys are being handed out with the current state of the game.Might as well did out your old Atarti 2400 and play Joust...lol.

• solocronosolocrono Member Posts: 173

Well I guess this answers my question lol. 

I came to these forums to post a thread asking about the game before I download it.  I think it's safe to say it's not worth the time.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

Originally posted by syndreamer

Another Alganon clone...and you know how Alganon did when it released?

Ha hahaha .C'mon mate, you know that Alganon has MUCH BETTER graphics than this pre-alpha of "Mrs Packman 1987"!!! Oh i do hope you'l draw the attention of Derek Smart in here...    ^ ^ 

• socialstatussocialstatus Member Posts: 72

Oh god I hope it does...

Playing: Ever quest 2
    Played: MS,GW,EVE,LOTRO,WoW,Allods,Aion, CO,CoH,CoV,TQ Digital games, Darkfall,AoC,RS2.
    Liked: Dungeon fight online, GW, Darkfall and, Runescape.
    Waiting for: Link Realms(can't get my damn beta invite) KOTOR and, GW2

• AramathAramath Member Posts: 161

I have to agree with the original poster.  You get your choice.  Bald human, bald pointy ear, bald green thing, as a race.  The UI has editors but there are no options loaded.  Beta?   Don't make me laugh.   I've seen alpha's that were more complete than this.

• SilkravenSilkraven Member UncommonPosts: 74

1 second left verifying the download, for 20 minutes. No patience to give it any longer. Find someone else to beta test this. After a 1 hour download you would think 1 second left would go by quickly.

• sn0wblind00sn0wblind00 Member UncommonPosts: 388

yea same experience here.  feels just as bad as dawntide.  its too bad because on paper the game sounds nice.