Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

any one still play?

zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

I loved the game but quit when I noticed there was no one playing, I had a lvl 52 ranger

Comments

• Vyrus_ShakerVyrus_Shaker Member Posts: 12

there r 3 servers with very healthy pop's

Wrath, Redemption and Mourning. all have about 750-900 during peak.

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

thats not bad

Lag isnt bad @ all on wrath mourning it is ok and redemption i am not sure of the lag issues there.

Wrath & redemption are the 2 new servers and if more ppl came back the pops would grow alot of old players dont know the state of the servers @ all. and if they knew the way things were going they would proilly come back as well like myself and my whole guild did.

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

Yuck! 750-900 at peak? And those are the healthy servers? Maybe you should read the posts about WoW servers queing because 5000+ are on the server.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by gargantroo
    Yuck! 750-900 at peak? And those are the healthy servers? Maybe you should read the posts about WoW servers queing because 5000+ are on the server.

Only problem is...WoW sucks.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

It's not that bad but I found shadowbane ALOT better, hows the new expansion anyway?

*edit* im going out today to buy the new shadowbane throne of oblivion for like 10 dollars at EB

The new expansion is fun, Vamps r great to play. The new realm,crafting, mine siege stuff is fun. New types of gear, elite armour and weapon droppers, some of the new disc's r crazy fun.

And why would one wanna play WoW? the only reason the palyerbase is high is cuz it is Blizzard, and they spent alot more money to release a larger game. but most SB r coming back cuz WoW is no SB.

yea the hard part will be finding a guild at the start, hehe power leveling hehe. Any ways how much is the graphical update with the new one?

Graphics r close to the same :(

and if u need a guild send me a pm ill see if i can hook you up.

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

This game is a joke.  The Devs turn a blind eye to exploits for 2 years then all of the sudden BAM they crackdown on everyone.  I quit some time ago and have NEVER knowingly exploited but if you ignore it forever then stab your players in the back that's low.  Customer Service sucks in the game still (up 'til I quit and from friends I hear it isn't better)  Too bad this is one of the best damn game concepts out there right now.  It sucks because I want to play but I refuse to support those who currently run the game. 

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

with every game people say they have horrible game support, theres just no pleasing online gamers is there?

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

900 people is a healthy pop for this game. It has been around for 2 years and has seen so many bugs. It is amazing that players have stayed on long enough to finally recieve the needed patches to make the game fun. I salute you, SB players for sticking out until the end.::::32::

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• Holy Sh*t gargantroo O_O you Play 54 hours per week to WoW O_O? dam you sure have free time!

shaodbwane is awsome

• ModarModar Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Vyrus_Shaker

The new expansion is fun, Vamps r great to play. The new realm,crafting, mine siege stuff is fun. New types of gear, elite armour and weapon droppers, some of the new disc's r crazy fun.

And why would one wanna play WoW? the only reason the palyerbase is high is cuz it is Blizzard, and they spent alot more money to release a larger game. but most SB r coming back cuz WoW is no SB.

Only thing I can say is this person either works for UBI or Wolf Pack Studios.  Cause he has lost touch with reality!

• AlkanphelAlkanphel Member Posts: 132

Okay I tried the Free Trial of this game because someone had to put on the www.ddo.com forums and I quote

"Shadowbane for Lyfe"

This game could have some good quality, but I would have to say that I am not impressed with this game at all. in fact I would have rated this game a 3 maybe a 4. I would not waste my money playing this game.

Sry this is just an opinion.

Shadowbane isnt about the graphics its about politics and killing ppl. maybe you dont understand that. there is NO OTHER game which is as in depth when it comes down to player control
  • TooL-D-TooL-D- Member CommonPosts: 126

Actually people are comming back to shadowbane from WoW. People are seeing the light.

Quote from an old guildmate: "You were right". I had told him WoW would be quest hell, and become boring at the end game, that I would never play it because I have allready been thru quest hell with DAoC (which has better endgame than WoW, AND WoW's joke of a "in concept pvp endgame system thats comming up in a few months/years"). He didnt beleave me, untill now.

WoW is a joke gone bad. A world of war where all you do is QUEST or CRAFT your life away. Why couldnt they make a diablo mmo? It would of been much better (well if they allowed the evil side).

shadowbane can only be liked people who love pk/pvp sieges, actual tatics being needed and a pretty real (for the dark ages) politics.

Originally posted by zensaber

shadowbane can only be liked people who love pk/pvp sieges, actual tatics being needed and a pretty real (for the dark ages) politics.

Baloney.  I love PvP and Sieges and SB is garbage.  The politics is run by people whom throw tantrums because their rolling tree got baned or something worthless like that.  The Developers ruined the game by making it unbearable to play.  Who wants to log in every night to do the same thing....attack and defend mines.  Not fun every night.  Duping is still rampant and I would even say ignored by the devs unless it's extremely blatant.  You can compare the problems to othe MMO's but the just look at the server pop's.  That will tell you enough I think.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

• gargantroogargantroo Member Posts: 1,477

I wasnt saying it sucked... I was saying better population and I would definitly find interest in this game.

i play on australian servers because racism is acceptable there
  • MorridinMorridin Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by arvainis

Too bad this is one of the best damn game concepts out there right now.  It sucks because I want to play but I refuse to support those who currently run the game. 

I feel you.  I can actually put up with most of the crap but I won't come back until they fix the lag.

• Levithian_66Levithian_66 Member Posts: 143

OBviously alot of poeple want to rejoin SB because there is 430 ish views on this post lol... If everyone that wanted to play SB but doesnt want to because the servers are a little under populated, joined then all servers should be fine...

It's not that the servers are underpopulated, it's that the game can't support what what it is.  A large scale PvP game.  I ran smooth on SB for a year.  Then they patched and the next bane I went to I continually crashed.  I made no chnages to my system.  This game is broke and the only thing holding it together is the "friend factor."  The people that play are all good friends and have fun playing and most even admit the game sucks.  But they continue to play.

• noxeosnoxeos Member Posts: 2

I was in SB beta and I played a few monthes into release. I haven't been back, but I did like the game and thought it was PvP at it's best. The content was severely lacking. Blizzard can pump out the content like no other game company, which is why I am exclusively playing WoW.

I hope SB upgraded it's graphics since release. They were behind the times from it's initial release.