Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Michael Jackson MMO... wat.

Michael Jackson MMO game unveiled

Virtual Worlds and the Michael Jackson estate have teamed up to launch a massively multiplayer online game based on the late pop singer.

Slated for late 2011, Planet Michael aims to provide an interactive gaming and social experience that celebrates the artist's life and work.

The project will serve as the first world in a virtual reality universe of connected planets based on existing licences. It will be themed on visuals inspired by Jackson's music, life and humanitarian efforts.

"We envisioned a magical, enjoyable place that will capture that zest for fun and life that was at Michael's very core," said SEE Virtual Worlds CEO Martin Biallas. 

"Throughout his extensive career, the King of Pop was well-known for his visionary contributions to music, dance, fashion, entertainment and philanthropy, and it was critical that we somehow incorporate all of those elements into the game."

Planet Michael will be free to download, though the MMO will be funded in game transactions. Players will also be able to make charitable contributions while playing.

-------------------

Source.

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Will we get a rogue skill called "Soda Cans with Wine" to give to minors in order to poison them for epic raids?

/sarcasticEye

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Wait.....wut???
    Ha you got me, it is April 1st. Sir/Madam, awesome joke!

BOOYAKA!

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

hey I guess developers are running out of ideas

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Atta boy this genre is getting downhill real fast, something that was a virtual world  back in the goold old days is now a cash cow and now even a child abuser will get his own MMO disgusting.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Well I know there are millions of MJ fans, but wonder how many of them are into gaming?

WhileI might not be looking into a MMO about MJ, I can't help but think to see such ignorant statements about him in this topic.

It's as if some people think that each and every MMO created should be a game everyone in the world should enjoy as they ignore that some folks might like something like a MJ MMO.

But my question remains how many MJ fans would be gamers or likely to atleast play games?

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Lets keep this on topic. Please avoid conversation that doesnt specifically talk about the MMO itself. If you would like to discuss your opinion of Michael Jackson and his lifestyle, take it to the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This thread is not the place for such a discussion. Thank you.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

Can I report the OP for telling me about this?

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

This industry has surely flipped it's lid.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

This industry has surely flipped it's lid.

The people entrusted with the Michael Jackson estate have flipped their lid.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ScalperOneScalperOne Member Posts: 281

How...what...why....speachless.

Why?

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

Hopefully it will die faster than APB.

• sungodrasungodra Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by DLangley

Lets keep this on topic. Please avoid conversation that doesnt specifically talk about the MMO itself. If you would like to discuss your opinion of Michael Jackson and his lifestyle, take it to the Off-Topic Discussion forum. This thread is not the place for such a discussion. Thank you.

Michael Jackson fan?  just checkin...

This is a horrible idea by the way.  You gotta really love michael jackson to want to play something like this, i guess.

"When it comes to GW2 any game is fair game"

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Why people have to make mmos out of everything nowaday?

The Bible ,Star Trek, Dynasty Warriors heck even Hello Kitty Online.

The next mmo coming will be God of War MMO or Gears of War , just wait.

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• JellypigJellypig Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by dinams

Why people have to make mmos out of everything nowaday?

The Bible ,Star Trek, Dynasty Warriors heck even Hello Kitty Online.

The next mmo coming will be God of War MMO or Gears of War , just wait.

I would be all over a gears of war or god of war mmo.  as dumb as it would be to make one an mmo.  at least it won't be some glorified chat room.

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Their most popular attraction for the ingame Neverland Ranch will be the Zipper Ride.

• EogrisEogris Member UncommonPosts: 102

i'd rather play runescape.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

I would do a free trial just to grief people.

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Originally posted by nakuma

Quest giver " I have a  problem, please go around the village and bring 5 kids back to me."

"4,500 xp, 1 bottle of jesus juice,  glove of glittering hugs +5"

this is a sad moment for MMO genre.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean its a sad moment for MMO genre. As for your "Quest", grow up.

• This is a really bad idea, and seems in very poor taste. Totally ignoring all the Michael Jackson jokes, it's an mmo about a guy who died a little over a year ago. That's just really creepy. And I can't even imagine what kind of gameplay you could base around it.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Originally posted by nakuma

Quest giver " I have a  problem, please go around the village and bring 5 kids back to me."

"4,500 xp, 1 bottle of jesus juice,  glove of glittering hugs +5"

this is a sad moment for MMO genre.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean its a sad moment for MMO genre. As for your "Quest", grow up.

If they want to base a game around his life it cannot be pick and choose all the merry moments. I think the above quest is very applicable to the genre and content.

• SpezzSpezz Member Posts: 141

WoW killer!

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

the worlds first child molestation simulator.  I hear the catholic church is looking forward to this one

member of imminst.org