Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropia Universe: Planet Michael: The King of Pop Comes to MMOs

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

SEE Virtual Worlds has reached an agreement with the Michael Jackson estate to bring Planet Michael to the Entropia Universe. Planet Michael will be focused on the music, life, career and charitable concerns of the late megastar. Calling it a 'massive social gaming environment', the goal of Planet Michael is to engage players collaboratively with in-game activities that generate a vibrant economy within Entropia Universe.

The new planet, currently under development and slated for launch next year, will be an immersive virtual space themed after iconic visuals drawn from Michael's music, his life and the global issues that concerned him. Entire continents will be created that will celebrate Michael's unique genius in a way that underscores his place as the greatest artist of all time. Michael's longtime fans will feel at home as they find themselves in places that seem familiar and yet unknown at the same time, and new generations will discover and experience Michael's life in a way never before imagined. At its core, Planet Michael is a massive social gaming experience that will allow everyone, from the hardcore fan to the novice, to connect and engage in collaborative in-game activities with people worldwide.

Read more at PlanetMichael.com.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• chaoster89chaoster89 Member Posts: 56

PLEASE NO!

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Edit: sorry I was being too mean. Post moderated by poster.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Given the Entropia Platform is well suited to social media and ingame activities centered around socialization this might not be such a bad idea.  Gamer purists may scoff, but online media marketing ventures have already shown themselves to be capable of bringing in a sizeable amount of revenue by using this platform.

Naysayers will continue to say nay, but when the cash starts rolling in who will have the last laugh?

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

Interesting!!

So What Now?

• TerminatusTerminatus Member Posts: 104

Will they be able to experience the drugs (just like he did)? The playing with children (just like he did)? The sleeping with children (just like he did)? The out-of-the-window-son-waving-for-the-papparazi experience (...)? All the genetalia fondling he always did on the music videos (and who can say about in other places?)?

People should be really carefull about "The Michael Jackson Experience" stuff, cuz although he was certainly a musical genious, he was also someone you wouldn't want near your children (atleast if u were a normal non-fanboi sycophant).

Nah, no matter how famous and rich or creative he was, it's never a good to pass the idea that "it's okey for really rich ppl to play and have other's children at home".

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

A joke right? 

RIGHT?

NO?

OMG, OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

It'll be interesting to see what charitable organizations sign on to collect donations via Planet Michael.

Otherwise, I gotta say this is a pretty frakkin' wierd development.

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• IfcwhuffesIfcwhuffes Member UncommonPosts: 35

No. Just no.

Currently Playing: LoL,EVE, Rift

Future Games: WH40K:DM, Tera Planetside2

Past Games Ive tried:
    WoW, FE, AoC, WAR, LotRO, Tabula Rasa,GW, and Many F2P games.

• SevenOmaticSevenOmatic Member UncommonPosts: 177

lol...just... lol... I really don't know what else to say. 

• rohra01rohra01 Member UncommonPosts: 1

Oops!

sry for double post. I thought i logged in lol.

-------------

About this now and back to topic.

I saw more than one corporates who anounced to open a playfield on EU.

Gues this is a fake :)

When not, i hope they wil do good, since all real Michael Fans know that he not liked to be to public.

Good luck with this project.

When the TP fee is acceptable,il take a look on itwhen it gets to open VU.

Greetz

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

To log out of the game you have to sip some 'Jesus juice'  and then you fall asleep and the game suts down.  But the next time you log back in your character has a sore bum.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Next on the horizon:

* Planet Elvis!

* Planet Jimmy Hoffa!

:)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Originally posted by SBFord

Next on the horizon:

* Planet Elvis!

* Planet Jimmy Hoffa!

What good is a Jimmy Hoffa planet if you can't even find it?

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by rashhero

Originally posted by SBFord

Next on the horizon:

* Planet Elvis!

* Planet Jimmy Hoffa!

What good is a Jimmy Hoffa planet if you can't even find it?

O.o

You're right!

How about this instead:

* Black Hole in Space Jimmy Hoffa?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Quit being such a stuffed shirt, dar. The Elvis thing was funny.  Personally I think that if more music themed planets pop up in the Entropia Universe, the gateways between them should be called The Doors.

Alpha AG Geek

Stuffed shirt?  LOL.  Im calling it how it is.  Nobody asked you whether you thought it was funny.  Whether you think its funny or not is irrelevant.  Its a troll post.   Mods want to attack users of this forum for posting far less, yet they think nothing of it when they want to do it themselves.

Well, you could always start your very own forum and call it the fortress of truth or something. In any event, I think a Captain Eo game might have been an easier sell.

Alpha AG Geek

Originally posted by AlphaGeek

Well, you could always start your very own forum and call it the fortress of truth or something. In any event, I think a Captain Eo game might have been an easier sell.

I have my own forum.  Last time I checked I posted the truth there about one Entropia related scandal, only to have people offer me lectures on how wrong I was.   Then, when it was proven on EF that the posters who started the accusations were in fact operating under false pretenses and making up lies the same community members who told me how wrong I was offered no apology.   Instead I have been offered only silence.

So its rather safe to conclude that "The Fortress of Truth" is something most folks simply arent interested in.  

Thats alright, I never did expect any sort of apology.   People dont want to curry favors with me, and so save their insincere poltical panderings for folks with far more trend appeal.   I prefer it that way, to be honest.   Saves me the trouble of being nice to people who dont deserve it.

Umm.. the only "truth" revealed was that those two posters were using the same IP address. They may very well have been a married couple as claimed. Pretense couldn't be determined by that, and to make conclusions about someone elses pretense on such limited data is at best, foolish.

Rest assured the naked truth will be revealed in time, and you'll be suprised.

Meanwhile, There's Planet Michael, and maybe Planet Elvis, and I welcome other nutty suggestions. Fellow Forumites, what planet(s) would you wish to see (all connected by The Doors, of course) ?

Alpha AG Geek

They are a married couple.   Ive chatted with both of them numerous times.

I think Rocktropia covers most of those suggestions, btw.  Ahh, but Rocktropia is for living artists.  Youre talking about Museum Planets.

How about planet "Sherlock Holmes?"

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

oh nice so instead of auction house we will have equivalent trips to the courthouse

Originally posted by sassoonss

oh nice so instead of auction house we will have equivalent trips to the courthouse

Youll probably still have auction houses --- where you will be offered opportunities to purchase Beatles publishing rights and get to outbid the original writers of the songs thus walking away millions richer in the long term!

You could only get 50% of a Beatles tune from the courthouse and would have to visit Planet Sony for the other half.

Alpha AG Geek

I hear rumors that there will be a huge selection of nose shapes available in the avatar creation process.

Alpha AG Geek

• TekdTekd Member UncommonPosts: 65

Please. No.

"Angels and ministers of grace defend us."