Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

and sadly once again the WoW expansion sounds like the best mmo coming out right now

1235»

Comments

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by avalon1000

Originally posted by zigmund

I think GW2 is going to be worth playing.

^^^t

This is it in a nutshell.  GW2 is an evolution in MMO's.  Cata is just an upgrade. 

You do know that Guild Wars is not a MMORPG, correct? ROFLSTOMP!

• GolominGolomin Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by endersshadow

Originally posted by arenasb

Originally posted by Miles-Prower

Wow is barely 5 years old and I'm seeing people say it's old and outdated, lol. Are these the same people that replace their IPhone every 3 months? "Ha! Your IPhone 7G takes 0.72611 seconds longer to take a picture than my Iphone 8G!"

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

I dont think its old and outdated but it is old considering the what the life of a mmo was pre wow. 

And it is showing "some" age. It would be showing more had they not done little graphic buffs here and there.

The graphics were outdated when the game first came out. That is not really an issue.

Compared to mmos released at or shortly after WoW, no they werent.

I was there, playing at release, and I was here as well. Biggest gripe I have heard is the QQ about the cartoony-ness. Unless you have something of relative importance to add, I have had these discussions in all the myriad of directions they could take, and after its all said and done it comes down to taste. 

Yeah, you really shouldn't be playing a Warcraft game in the first place if you hate the cartoon art.

• endersshadowendersshadow Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by Golomin

^^^t

This is it in a nutshell.  GW2 is an evolution in MMO's.  Cata is just an upgrade. 

Hehe, I was thinking evolution, yeah evolution, like GW2 finally caught up to all real mmos?

MMORPGs--------------->MMOS------------------> WoW(Hybrids to the next level)

Guildwars------> Instanced Nightmare-->GuildWars 2 MMO---(Its nice you could join the rest of the class GW2, we knew you would eventually catch up)------------->(EVERYONE IS A HYBRID) and lets take 10 steps back by getting rid of the trinity.

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395

^^^t

roflstomp?  Please grow out of unoriginal gaming phrases.  Same goes to everyone that says epic fail.

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

^^^t

GW 1 wasn't an mmo GW2 is

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

^^^t

Hehe, I was thinking evolution, yeah evolution, like GW2 finally caught up to all real mmos?

Guildwars------> Instanced Nightmare-->GuildWars 2 MMO---(Its nice you could join the rest of the class GW2, we knew you would eventually catch up)------------->(EVERYONE IS A HYBRID) and lets take 10 steps back by getting rid of the trinity.

Seriously? No wonder mmos are such crap games, people can't get out of the rigid robotic roles in a game. God forbid someone does something different. You talk about evolution? Your thinking here is totally contradictory in that statement.

• A_TrainA_Train Member Posts: 73

But wouldn't "ROFLSTOMP!" be an epic fail?

• endersshadowendersshadow Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by arenasb

^^^t

Seriously? No wonder mmos are such crap games, people can't get out of the rigid robotic roles in a game. God forbid someone does something different. You talk about evolution? Your thinking here is totally contradictory in that statement.

Just because someone changes something that is considered fundamental to mmos doesnt automatically make it a great change. I am interested in GW2 but the fanbois (are you one?) point to getting rid of healing classes as this incredible feat. 

I am wealthy beyond your wildest dreams and I think I am going to produce an mmo and since guild wars 2 got rid of pure healing classes, well I am going to take it one step further and get rid of tanks, thats right! Everyone can tank, a little bit. 

It reminds me of when I was watching Warhammer and the Rabid Age of Conan fans kept pointing to Direct X 11 !

And I wasnt the one that mentioned the Evolution in the first place. I find it ironic that someone calls there game evolutionary when they just did what other "real" mmos have done...actually being a mmo.

Just to make clear, I have high hopes for GuildWars 2 but I cringe everytime someone points to GW2 as the Messiah of MMOS.