Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good news and bad news

PalingerPalinger Member Posts: 21

Ok, as always let's start with the bad news. The bad news are that the keys, yes, the keys are getting depleted for this wonderful MMO and everyone who wants to test this game like crazy has to wait for the servers to get up (which will probably be only for a few hours or days I guess, then the excruciating wait begins again.)

Now the good news...The good news are that the keys probably won't get depleted until late 2014 and even if they get depleted you can probably ask for an account here to test the game since most will quit after 1 minute of gameplay (personally I exited the game as soon as the character creation screen showed up. I also am one of the people who believe that gameplay > graphics, but I just couldn't ignore the fact that I had a possibility to develop eye cancer if played more than 1 minute.) Anyways, you can also ask for a beta key here if they keys get depleted since I believe some people won't bother to enter their keys after visiting the horrid and poorly designed website. This game makes Dawntide look like the best thing since sliced bread, Xsyon a gift from the gods and Darkfall probably the second coming.

All in all, I think it was very generous of MMORPG.com to host the game's beta keys and give them a place in the "News Discussion".

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

wow  positive but negitive pos tlmao i cant even stick up for this game.. xsyon beats it by far

• PalingerPalinger Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by Raxeon

wow  positive but negitive pos tlmao i cant even stick up for this game.. xsyon beats it by far

Well, it was meant to be positive, it could be a real disaster if I chose to be rude.

• JT1228JT1228 Member Posts: 23

Its really bad when they give out keys and you have to wait 2 days for the download link to work, then wait 4-5 hours to download it, then  its all up and running, the server is down. Hope they get it all worked out soon.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

I'm not one to dismiss a game solely on graphics, but I also quit this one the moment I got to the character creation screen. 

I mean, we're in 2010, and this game manages to look worse than, what, EQ1? It's almost like they're not even trying with the graphics - the models, the textures, the colors, they're all so... urk.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

@OP

seeing that your bashing indies that are in beta, and not retail beta like I can tell your used to.. This post is not valid to any beta tester than knows what beta testing really is, I can tell you went in this game to PLAY IT, not test it.. Like you did in Dawntide..

Dawntide has its issues but its what A BETA , you people have no idea what a beta is do you??? NO I don't think so, your so used to open beta that  is  ready to go in a month and BAM!     the game is released..

These are indies they are so kind to even let you touch there game, to look at it, and you bash it??  What do you think WOW looked like in ALPA BETA,,.  .. If half of the people seen WOW in ALpa beta you would of Quit!!!

People amaze me with this crap on this forum, you can't complain about a game until you have played it after release and not until.. Because its not valid..

You complained about xyson now thats funny...N o one has seen more than 10% of the game yet and yet you complain now thats a laugh... Grow up, stop gaming , you do not deserve any beta keys for any games period ..

I get sick of people like this , i'm in the gaming field and you little kids with daddys CC have no idea what it takes to make a game let alone an MMORPG., I know if I had my game I would not even any of you a key... This indies really need to stop being so nice I wouldn't/

Xyson did it right that  made you pay for it... I see why they did so if you spent money you may actaully test the game...

Xyson people need to take notes they add a little at a time and make sure the game is right... The game is 10% and you complain i,m still laughing at you..

Yes this game needs work but give them a break..its a indie, and teh game play was fun, graphic where not so great, but so what , look at FF14  now thats a laugh bets graphics ever, and worst game play ever..

I would rather play this game than ff14 ANYDAY.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624

Originally posted by Palinger

... since I believe some people won't bother to enter their keys after visiting the horrid and poorly designed website.

My case exactly!

• Justley3Justley3 Member Posts: 48

@ Darkcrystal

I agree with you. And for WoW, WoW was horrible and had barely any features even at release. The first week of release it was unplayable due to constant server crashes and downtime. But people dont think to look back and remember that and only want a finished product in a beta. So many games get bad reps for letting ignorant people like the OP and others in their betas, but then again, how do you know who a good beta tester is to help you finish your game? We all know it isnt those type of people, instead hurt the games image way more then even coming close to helping play test to report bugs and find flaws in the fundaments and play areas.

Gamer-4-Life

• benasatobenasato Member UncommonPosts: 193

touch there game lol.

• patshirpatshir Member Posts: 114

I got the key and downloaded the game but never could play it, it just did not work, my PC can run demading games but I am now thinking that my computer definitely is too good to run a game many people say is a failure in graphic design.

• RynneRynne Member UncommonPosts: 497

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

@OP

seeing that your bashing indies that are in beta, and not retail beta like I can tell your used to.. This post is not valid to any beta tester than knows what beta testing really is, I can tell you went in this game to PLAY IT, not test it.. Like you did in Dawntide..

Dawntide has its issues but its what A BETA , you people have no idea what a beta is do you??? NO I don't think so, your so used to open beta that  is  ready to go in a month and BAM!     the game is released..

These are indies they are so kind to even let you touch there game, to look at it, and you bash it??  What do you think WOW looked like in ALPA BETA,,.  .. If half of the people seen WOW in ALpa beta you would of Quit!!!

People amaze me with this crap on this forum, you can't complain about a game until you have played it after release and not until.. Because its not valid..

You complained about xyson now thats funny...N o one has seen more than 10% of the game yet and yet you complain now thats a laugh... Grow up, stop gaming , you do not deserve any beta keys for any games period ..

I get sick of people like this , i'm in the gaming field and you little kids with daddys CC have no idea what it takes to make a game let alone an MMORPG., I know if I had my game I would not even any of you a key... This indies really need to stop being so nice I wouldn't/

Xyson did it right that  made you pay for it... I see why they did so if you spent money you may actaully test the game...

Xyson people need to take notes they add a little at a time and make sure the game is right... The game is 10% and you complain i,m still laughing at you..

Yes this game needs work but give them a break..its a indie, and teh game play was fun, graphic where not so great, but so what , look at FF14  now thats a laugh bets graphics ever, and worst game play ever..

I would rather play this game than ff14 ANYDAY.

There is nothing to bash here. Everything about this game looks bad period. The developer is probably some kind of kid that didn't like the way MMOs evolve to and thought he would be able to turn things around and mark his own way in history and on top of it asking a subscription for that!!! I respect indies and in fact I support them, I have played several indie games and I'm a lot in the modding community for the record. But seriously, there is absolutely no reason someone to test this, there is no reason for a beta to exist in the first place, unless you consider "make the game better" constructive feedback. Dawntide, Xsyon, MO, DF, Wurm and probably some I missed are a good example of decent indie games that are worth the effort. Many of these games had its issues in beta, I tested some of them and believe it or not, I was happy to give feedback and post the numerous bugs found throughout the games. Aerrevan however is a very bad game in itself, it's not only about the beta issues, it's that it has absolutely zero potential, it's not going to turn into a shiny gem until release.