Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

extended membership options are a joke

grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/commerce/modSubFlow.action?theme=eq2x&gameCode=EQ2U

On the free plan you:

Can't hold enough gold for a t8 master 2

Can't send mail

Can't use AH, can't use any global or map channel

Can't send tickets

Get a message box every 20 minutes or so that tells you to give SOE money.

Can access 4 races and 8 classes (out of 12 races and 20 classes?)

Level 80

This is where it gets interesting, if you pay $10 per month you STILL can't access more than 4 races or 8 classes. You still can't play past the last expansion - how is this better than the normal subscription of $15/month? lol

And if you want to play past level 80 then the only way is to pay 130 GBP .... that's $200 to get level 90.

No thanks.

What do you get for buying every expansion and subscribing to EQ2 for years?

Nothing

--
Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Comments

• andyman1112andyman1112 Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by grimboj

https://account.station.sony.com/authenticated/commerce/modSubFlow.action?theme=eq2x&gameCode=EQ2U

On the free plan you:

Can't send mail

Can't send tickets

Level 80

This is where it gets interesting, if you pay $10 per month you STILL can't access more than 4 races or 8 classes. You still can't play past the last expansion - how is this better than the normal subscription of $15/month? lol

And if you want to play past level 80 then the only way is to pay 130 GBP .... that's $200 to get level 90.

No thanks.

Nothing

haha you have your facts wrong sir its not 10 dollars per month its a one time 10 dollar fee and it is well worth it 

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by andyman1112

haha you have your facts wrong sir its not 10 dollars per month its a one time 10 dollar fee and it is well worth it 

YOU got YOUR facts wrong haha. Its actually $15/month, I just checked. I see that you can get the classes for $15/month though which is .... hmm... the same price as normal EQ2 hehe.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• dsebutchrdsebutchr Member Posts: 245

I cancelled my Live subscription and moved to Extended.  Been there a month, will continue to subscribe as gold member while I think about platinum and I have no regrets.

Not sure why so many Live subs are whining about it, except they now have to admit their servers are dying or dead.

Just come play extended and enjoy the game again.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

The biggest problem with EQ2 is that nameds aren't instanced, I really don't feel like paying to play less of a game and compete more for every little quest I want to do xD

--

Then do not play it.

Thx k bai...

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

I got over all the EQ2X crap once I realized I wouldn't have wanted to play with people who would like the EQ2X system anyway.

If you pay for a copy from the live servers, that character will have the same access it did on live for $15 a month. You can get access to the last 10 levels by simply buying sentinels fate expansion, which doesn't cost $200.

1 year of live = 143.99  all expansion must be purchased, 40 a pop.....on a dead server where you have to solo all 90 levels to get to any players....

1 year of platinum 200 = EQ2x server with population at all levels, and full game just like Live.

+  Sentinel's Fate Included

+ 6000 Station Cash spread out 500 per month = 5 bucks a month = 60 bucks

+ 10 character slots

+ next expansion included free

So Platinum EQ2x = 140 bucks with SF included, don't have to buy it.  The Station Cash = 60 bucks for the rest of the 200.  Also you get next expansion free, so 40 more bucks.   Live subs will have to pay 40+ bucks for this.  And you get 10 slots, regular Live subs do not, never will, etc.  And you get servers with population at all levels.

I'm not sure where exactly you see Live being better than EQ2x.  The math disagrees with you, and so does the population.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

the extended server has a larger pop than all the live combine. However, there really aren't that many EQ2 players anymore

• JazqaJazqa Member Posts: 465

Playing it for free atm, even decided to buy a class because I got addicted to the game. Seriously, there is so much content even for free players!! I can't understand why "turbine f2p hybrid is soooo awesome" .. you level to lv 20 and have to pay unless you grind like hell. Dam turbine is sooo fair!!

EQ2 lets you level to 80 and gives you acces to huuuge amount of content. Especially if you play with your friends etc you can do the dungeons and so too.. as far as I know there is no restrictions in crafting/housing either, which is pretty awesome. EQ2 f2p is a lie all go play lotro nao!!!

EQ2 gives you everything but end-game and some other limitations that are not too bad unless you want to be awesome even while leveling.

Lotro gives you the starting areas and ability to grind to unlock more areas.

• andyman1112andyman1112 Member UncommonPosts: 32

Originally posted by andyman1112

YOU got YOUR facts wrong haha. Its actually $15/month, I just checked. I see that you can get the classes for $15/month though which is .... hmm... the same price as normal EQ2 hehe.

Dude your not thinking right oyu just said 10dollars a month everyone knows theres 15 bucks a month option  not 10 dollars  amonth your not looking right or something theres 3 different plans you have BRONZE which is free SILVER which is 10dollar one time fee and GOLD which is 15 bucks a month 

and also those reminders to upgrades are like every 2hours and i know one pops up when you log in after about 5min

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

I agree, the silver option is pitiful. I thought you'd at least get another class or two. Can't see why anyone would want to buy it. The first few times I logged into extended I didn't get past the character creation. Way too restrictive. In the end I made a warlock, having rolled a mage previously. The problem is going to be too many of the freebie classes around. Players with freebie characters are going to find it hard to group, which will be another restriction when there's way too many already.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

On the free plan you:

Can't send mail

Can't send tickets

Level 80

No thanks.

Nothing

Be thankful you get that much!  Poor LOTRO F2P players can only do the starter zones before they realize how "FREE" F2P games really are.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I posted a pic about the whole scam SOE made with the EQ2X "subscriptions"... 

In the long run, it's cheaper to buy the box (and expansions) and pay subscription on a 3, 6 or 12 month basis... Not to mention, you get a lot of goodies as well ;-) Both from the long-term subscription as well as veteran rewards...

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by Reizla

I posted a pic about the whole scam SOE made with the EQ2X "subscriptions"... 

In the long run, it's cheaper to buy the box (and expansions) and pay subscription on a 3, 6 or 12 month basis... Not to mention, you get a lot of goodies as well ;-) Both from the long-term subscription as well as veteran rewards...

Exactly!  People just don't get it.  They see the F2P tag line thinking OHHHHH, Shiny and it's FREE!!!!!  Nothing is free.  Games cost a fortune to develop and then maintain.  When they put the F2P tag on their game, it's to get people's attention, get them in, and get them hooked.  F2P is just an extended verious of 10 day trial, but all people care to see is the tag line, F2P.  Then, they complain when they figure out the real deal.  Simply amazing.

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."