Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who is re-subbing next month (October)?

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

With Patch 4.01 on the PTR server it looks like blizzard will hit their November release date, I have not been subbed since Feburary but as soon as 4.01 hits live (some time in October) I'll be resubbing to check out my hunters new focus mechanic and the talent tree's. Be fun to run some dungeons prior to cata what with players getting used to new tree's and abilities.

Warlocks will have to get used to the new shard system, pallys to new holy power mechanic and death knights to the reworked rune mechanics. So a month knocking around in wotlk should be good before cata hits.

Comments

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I'm in the exact same boat. I want to check out the new Hunter's focus mechanic, as well as talent trees, etc.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

I'd intended to when I quit over the summer, but I've realized over my break from gaming that it wasn't the current content I was bored with, it was the base mechanics of the game.  It was fun while it lasted, anyway :)

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

I was planning on re-subbing any way, but after some of the latest news I can't wait.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

nope, not resubbing till the expansion, and i'm actually hoping it comes with a free month's sub.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

nope, not resubbing till the expansion, and i'm actually hoping it comes with a free month's sub.

It won't. They never have, why would they include the month free now?

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Did the other expansions come with a free month? I can't recall but I don't think they did.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Sorry,, no resubbing here, or my friends.. We have discussed it and aren't going to buy Cat, only to play 5 levels, then grind 5 mans for badges and play the raid game again.. no thanks..  been there, done that..  Now if they changed end game raiding to something more social and fun.. add in some meaningful crafting, and housing.. Then we might come back..  We'll stick to what we are doing now, and wait for other games to release..

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

resubbed a two months ago so I will still be in.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

I'm definitely not.

The game has been falling down a neverending spiral of treadmill grind to nowhere, mixed with easymode, within a community that rival's 4chan and /b/ in immaturity.

To be honest the only reason I had been playing at all over the past year was because my wife still was, and she finally got tired of all the drama people were constantly kicking up in the guild she was running.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

No.

I'm not going through the rinse/repeat treadmill again. I had a lot of fun playing the game with friends and family over the last few years off and on, but this ship has sailed. Stick a fork in me...I'm done.

Joined - July 2004

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780

I plan to resub the day Cataclysm launches. Currently I'm playing on the Public Test Realm, which has patch 4.x, and you don't even need an active account to play!

All the changes are great. It's gonna feel more like a sequel than an X-pack.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

This is the first time I'm not in a rush to play WoW and it's new content. After watching vids for TOR, GW2 and Rift, those games are just doing all the things I want from an MMO while WoW just does the same old crap.

Not saying I won't play it or that I don't like WoW, just saying, that it is starting to become "old" to me and just isn't as exciting as it used to be. Come October/November I'm going to be knee deep in FFXIV and probably won't feel the need to take a break from that till at least next year like January or February.

Maybe if the subscription fee guaranteed better content updates I would be all about it, but lets face it, one of the things Blizzard does not do right is justify the monthly sub. There has literally been ONE thing content wise since WOTLK launched that I use and that's the Dungeon Finder. but all does is put me into this repetitive dungeon grind that STILL doesn't get me far enough to go on Raids because of the whole Gear Score and acheivements checking crap that people make a requirement these days.

Anywho, in answer to the OPs question. NO.

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624

The game got old, so no i do not wish for more of the same. I do not wish running along postsigns (archeology) , therefore i most likely wont buy it. Benefit of doubt as i might get dragged along by friends :P

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Won't happen. In my opinion Blizzard has butchered this game so bad that it's beyond silly. Dumb down mechanics, the same rehashed nonsense and nothing really new. But then, I think they ruined a long time ago anyhow. I just hope they don't do to Diablo 3 what they have done to WOW.

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• fyerwallfyerwall Member UncommonPosts: 3,240

Eh, dont have to resub as my sub is paid untill 2030 by Blizzard :P

But after checking out the Cataclysm beta and then messing around on the PTR with some friends I don't really see a reason to get overly excited... There really isn't anything that screams 'omg this is great!' but rather 'meh...'

There are 3 types of people in the world.
    1.) Those who make things happen
    2.) Those who watch things happen
    3.) And those who wonder "What the %#*& just happened?!"

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

When 4.0 drops on live I plan to take advantage of a 10day Scroll and after a day of testing out new builds and such will farm to get some heirloom gear for my goblin hunter.  If I get the gear I need before my time is up I probably wont sub till launch day.

• ZeroRileyZeroRiley Member UncommonPosts: 17

I would love to re-subb but i must wait for R:PoT and GW2

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Nope. Done with wow.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

Im going to resub to change my mage to Worgen.

Then after. I may not play again until the end of the expansion if it doesn't meet my expectations.

• grapevinegrapevine Member UncommonPosts: 1,927

Originally posted by Oracle_Fefe

Im going to resub to change my mage to Worgen.

Then after. I may not play again until the end of the expansion if it doesn't meet my expectations.

Yeah, I was thinking the same and calling him Terry.

I'm going to give the expansion a miss to be honest.  I don't like the sound of many of the changes and the stripping down of mechanics.  Also when a game have to ignore its own lore to move forward, its not really a good sign.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Thanks but no thanks.

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

naw i won't, i went back a few months ago and i just couldn't do anything. i don't think i left town. this will be the first expac i don't buy, the last one i lasted like a week or 2 but that was it. just done for good i think.

• bingo69bingo69 Member UncommonPosts: 195

I had my CE box ordered since it was announced. I'm a sucker for the art book so... no choice. I'll give the expension a try and see if I can "somehow" like the game haha. There's no damn good MMO out which suck... Just can't wait for the new class in Vindictus and Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

As long as their C team is working on the game and Ghostcrawler one of the lead devs there is no way. So patch out Activision, Ghostcrawler bring back raid-progression and Tigole and we'll talk again :-)

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757

Only if I'm seriously, seriously bored.  I quit the last expansion shortly after level capping.  I think all the long hours in that game and remembering how fun it was once with friends only depresses me now even thinking about resubbing.  Even if I am bored next month I hope I don't resub out of sheer principle.