Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need help... i cant believe this

hay i really need advice on something... well my account has been compromised... how i know u ask well lets see i went to check my account info and saw that someone had payed for one month using a game card (it ends today... 6th sense i guess) and i went to login fount a couple of conjured items which disappear after 15 mins after loging out so the bastard was obviously kicked out of the game when i logged in.... anyway i tried to make a gm ticket but then i saw that it wasnt applying.. so i tried to exit the game and it couldt so i went out the old fashioned way... anyway i tried to login again and it said that my info is not correct so i went to battle net to get the same answer.... ok now i really dont know what to do its obvious that he changed the password and everything else....what can i do :S

Comments

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

Call Blizzards customer support

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• SlovencSlovenc Member Posts: 290

already got my account back and a free month of game time cause the hacker bought one month worth with a game card :D haha fail and i got all my items and money back plus the money he made XD fail :P

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

This happened to me a while back. The guy had sharded a bunch of gear and sent the shards and a bunch of my gold to one of my other characters. So in the end Blizzard replaced all my gold and items and I had a bunch of shards and extra gold with a free month.

Not that I even played the free month, but it was kind of funny.

• ExploriumExplorium Member Posts: 395

Hackers are out in force trying to get WoW accounts. Guess because of Cataclysm. But I've gotten so many emails from spammers trying to get my WoW account.

At least you got stuff out of it lol

Check out my nature/animal/relaxing music channel on Youtube!

My game channel on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/vendayn

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

YOu are gonna have to call blizz to get your account back. Once they change your info its the only way. Im suprised they werent smart enough to put and authenticator on it. Thats there new method to keep u from booting them so they can steal all your money. And sell it to others.

Getting hacked in most cases is a user mistake issue. One never respond to any in game email u get. UNless it says gm wants to speak to u in a new chat box its fake. Gms only talk to u if u have put in a ticket also. 2 never click on any email u get links. If u get a u got into beta email go directly to www.battle.net sign in to your account and it will show up under games. If u have ptr it will say ptr 2 with cat pic.,

Those 2 things never answering any in game whispers or emails u may get saying u won pets or such,blizz will never send u an email giveing u a free pet unless the pet is sent to u in the email itself. never follow any email links u may get from email always go to all blizz sights yourself. manually. Also make sure flash player and acrobat reader are updated they had a security vulnerability in them at one point allowing u to get hacked. And run antim virus scan for any possible key loggers.

This stuff should all help but in the end only way to get account back is to call blizz.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Originally posted by kalinis

YOu are gonna have to call blizz to get your account back. Once they change your info its the only way. Im suprised they werent smart enough to put and authenticator on it. Thats there new method to keep u from booting them so they can steal all your money. And sell it to others.

Getting hacked in most cases is a user mistake issue. One never respond to any in game email u get. UNless it says gm wants to speak to u in a new chat box its fake. Gms only talk to u if u have put in a ticket also. 2 never click on any email u get links. If u get a u got into beta email go directly to www.battle.net sign in to your account and it will show up under games. If u have ptr it will say ptr 2 with cat pic.,

Those 2 things never answering any in game whispers or emails u may get saying u won pets or such,blizz will never send u an email giveing u a free pet unless the pet is sent to u in the email itself. never follow any email links u may get from email always go to all blizz sights yourself. manually. Also make sure flash player and acrobat reader are updated they had a security vulnerability in them at one point allowing u to get hacked. And run antim virus scan for any possible key loggers.

This stuff should all help but in the end only way to get account back is to call blizz.

Yeah, they did that to me too. They added an authenticator. They need to get rid of refer a friend as that is what they used to give me a free month.

Also, OP, make sure to change all your email passwords. That was how they got access to my account.

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Also to be safe get yourself an authenitcator. ive never been hacked in 5 yrs of wow but i recently got one and my gf has one. I dont know how they can hack those. U cant swtich out one for another and u cant just type random numbers. So they make your account pretty unhackable. Not saying u cant be hacked just saying it makes it less likely u will be.

dont want to pay for a authenticator and the guy got my password because of a keylogger if u know what that is... so ye i scanned the comp found the keylogger yadayadayada and now im palying my free month yepi lol

• cscurlockcscurlock Member Posts: 38

Get an authenticator for next time.  Its the price of a happy meal.

• Goonies1632Goonies1632 Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by Slovenc

dont want to pay for a authenticator and the guy got my password because of a keylogger if u know what that is... so ye i scanned the comp found the keylogger yadayadayada and now im palying my free month yepi lol

If you are going this route you better make sure to have better security on your end. I suggest running or even installing your pirated stuff,  if you're into that sort of thing... along with your browser in a sandbox via Sandboxie. And make sure you are running the NoScript Add-on through Firefox.  If you have an Iphone or an Android you can get the mobile authenticator software for free I believe I don't know for sure because I don't have an Android or an Iphone or the Authenticator.

Sandboxie 3 Part YouTube Review 1,2,3

Mobile Authenticator Location

Login to your account via Battle.net then you'll see this link click it, then it will bring you to another screen where you click this first.

Then this second.

tnks for the advice :)

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

There is a sticky for this issue. Please post there. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.