Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need some advice/help

ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

OK...here goes...

I am in an MMO rut right now and I need to find me a good one to play. I am listing a few below that interests me, and would like for you to list the pros and cons of each. Before doing so, I wanted to mention that I am mostly PVE but like the occassional PvP also. I also like DPS classes mostly whether it be melee or magic. And, I would like to have a game with good end game content. I know some of you will say try them and pick what you like. But, I get tired of devoting a lot of time grinding just to find it isn't for me. Keep in mind that I am just asking for pros and cons...I am not asking for anyone to pick me an MMO.  Also, feel free to recommend a game that I didn't list.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help.

1. Age of Conan

2. Warhammer

3. Darkfall

4. LOTRO

5. Aion

6. Mortal Online

7. FFXI

8. Ultima Online

Comments

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

1. Age of Conan - Don't know enough about this one to give a fair recommendation.

2. Warhammer - The only thing to really do in this game is PvP as the PvE content is lacking. If your not heavily into PvP I'd steer clear of this one.

3. Darkfall - Heavily PvP focused, steer clear.

4. LOTRO - Very good PvE game. Extremely limited PvP even for the 'occasional' PvPer but well worth a look.

5. Aion - A good balance between PvE and PvP. This may be the right game for you.

6. Mortal Online - Heavily PvP focused, Steer clear.

7. FFXI - Another well balanced PvE/PvP game. May be well worth a look for you.

8. Ultima Online - Heavily PvP focused, Steer Clear.

Sounds to me like Aion, FFXI, or maybe even LotRO may be your only real choices from the play style you have described. AoC has had enough bad press to keep me away so I'd say try it at your own risk.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Sounds to me like Aion, FFXI, or maybe even LotRO may be your only real choices from the play style you have described. AoC has had enough bad press to keep me away so I'd say try it at your own risk.

Bren

Sounds good. What DPS classes (Melee or Magic...doesn't matter) would you recommend for Aion, FFXI, and LOTRO?

Thanks for taking the time to help