Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Change

2»

Comments

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Originally posted by RogueHaven

"You know that majority of RS players despise, and hate these updates." You should know that that's a terrible argument. If I told you the majority of people agreed with my stance, would that convey you? It shouldn't, because I couldn't prove a statement like that. Oh, but everyone agrees with me. Also, I was naming the good things not to praise them, but your argument consists of insults, why can't mine contain something positive? At this point, The positive surely outweighs the negative. Like you said "at the expense of what?" Well, if you lose something but make enough progress to surpass what you lost, isn't that beneficial? We don't use the Colosseum anymore, but we know the history, the glamor, but we've gained from losing it. How is me saying "that it is a much more rich experience than it used to be," without a point?

You say: "You should know that that's a terrible argument."

Who's looking for an argument? Convey what? Man, your flamebating is outstanding.

You say: "It shouldn't, because I couldn't prove a statement like that. Oh, but everyone agrees with me.

Why in the world should you try to prove something unprovable? You previously mentioned that the wilderness is a much more "rich" experience. You're not positive, there. You are simply blasphemic. That is something that you can prove, unlike the latter.

You say: "why can't mine contain something positive? At this point, The positive surely outweighs the negative."

At what point? The deluded opinion of a person who doesn't have the slightest hint of the current situation?

Didn't I tell you to go and CHECK and see if the sentiment is overwhelming, because it IS overwhelming, regardless of your shenanigans, dude.

You say: "Like you said "at the expense of what?" Well, if you lose something but make enough progress to surpass what you lost, isn't that beneficial?"

Stop flamebating. STATE the benificial. I stated LEGITIMATE reasons as to why the wilderness is better than some 2-bit wasteland, ripped off from some generic MMORPG game like WoW.

You say: "but we've gained from losing it"

Who in the world is "we've"? A bunch of 09ers who play the game to get the typical 99 cape?

As I said, CORPORATE GREED.

You say: "We don't use the Colosseum anymore, but we know the history, the glamor, but we've gained from losing it"

What have we gained? The knowledge of Roman Culture? Does it reflect upon the Italians? No it doesn't.

How absurd. You state the COLOSSEUM, you attempt to relate it to the wilderness? Since when was the COLOSSEUM a zone where people could LURE?Where people could have large scale "world wars" with thousands of people slaughtering each other? Since when was the COLOSSEUM exploited by RMTraders on a negligible scale?

There's also nothing wayward about asking for hardlined evidence to backup ones ridiculous assumptions or assertions. The rest of your paragraph is a failed attempt at a colloquy that does not make any relevant sense at all. Is there a point to your posts?

• RogueHavenRogueHaven Member Posts: 16

This is so awkward, what are you doing? You're sitting here arguing with me, but every time I quote and argument you make, you act like you weren't arguing, and dismiss whatever I say. This is ridiculous...

You have digressed, not asserted a rejoinder to my inquiries, perceived me as? "ridiculous" and reiterated the utilization of the the term "hardlined". Adieu, I shall cease our deliberation, as it is blatant that you are paid  $$$, to perform this publicity stunt, in the name of JaGeX Ltd.

But you weren't sticking with your arguments... In fact, the one's you seemed to think were the most solid were simply ad hominem. So, my apologies if you came off as ridiculous. And no, not a dime.

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

But you weren't sticking with your arguments... In fact, the one's you seemed to think were the most solid were simply ad hominem. So, my apologies if you came off as ridiculous. And no, not a dime.

I always stick to my arguements, but rarely do people respond to irrefutable facts. image

I do not want to argue, in all honesty. I just want developers to realize how they can bring better games to those they rely upon for their incomes, and not just BS players around with utter nonsense. I call it how I see it, and refer to the reality of what we deal with, and research how these things have been dealt with in a positive manner before offering my input on a situation.

I want results, not BS. I want devs to fully understand how their decisions affect their player base and the inner workings of game mechanics before they move forward on things that may be easier for them to deal with in the short term, but may have long term consequences to their games.

Jagex lost my respect when they chose to disrespect their own player base by Choosing dishonesty with their player base, while at the same time being more open with the general gaming communtiy. You tell me if on their very own forums have they ever told their player base that they promoted their under 13 age game , or that they promoted their  game as a junior mmo, and a training ground for other mmos? They lied to players while pulling this crao at e3. That in itself, regardless of everything else they did is reason to lose respect for them. It was wrong, and I am sure, you as a fan, realize this as much as I do.

I was a die hard defender of jagex, until they left their players out to dry. I srongly disagree that these changes were necessary, or are " for the better of the game". c'mon.. seriously?  They know better. I know better. You know better. They jut=st wanted to see how it would all play out. They lived they learned and hopefully will not make that mistake again.

It has nothing to do with how old a vet you are, it has everything to do with what you conisder to be worth your time. Look at dungeoneering for example.. okay in most games you get to keep your cool armor and weapons.  think about it... Once you max dungeoneering .. what is the end game for it? Hmm...

I'm afraid our efforts to educate this deluded fanboy, is futile. If he wants to remain deluded, if he wants to keep using the excuses of being optimistic as opposed to seeing reality, let it be. But if he wishes to preach such unwarranted crap, calls the wilderness a  "rich" experience with no proof whatsoever, then SHOW him the truth.

Well there's your problem right there. Blanket, oversimplified assumption based on nothing, that can't even be effectively attributed to me or anyone else here.

Originally posted by Blissey

Well there's your problem right there. Blanket, oversimplified assumption based on nothing, that can't even be effectively attributed to me or anyone else here.

But that's all you did to me, lol. All this thread was about was to say that there's a kind of person in RS that you have to look out for: the unshakingly nostalgic. 

Originally posted by Blissey

But that's all you did to me, lol. All this thread was about was to say that there's a kind of person in RS that you have to look out for: the unshakingly nostalgic. 

You DO know that you are flamebating,considering the fact that this particular forum is a cesspool of well informed, well educated people right aka veterans?

I have somewhat grasped your animadversion. Thy missive conveys coital, incestuous comportment, and as I said, there's also nothing wayward about asking for hardlined evidence to? backup ones ridiculous assumptions or assertions.

"...coital, incestuous comportment." I'll have to use that O_o I am educated, and experienced.

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

Eh, you can't always avoid the type of people you talk about. I'm one of them and yet I seem so kind..and nice..

Does that mean im evil or a douche of some sort? I hope not :X.

But to be more serious. The reason we are 'nostalgic' is because the game was great back in the days for us. I'm not saying back when we could pk in wildy and stuff like that. I'm saying back to when the game didn't rely on being rich to suceed.

Aka; after they introduced bounty worlds, but only if the economy wasn't so stuck up as of now (The best shield in the game costs more then the maximum capacity of gold you may probably never get in your life.)

"...coital, incestuous comportment." I'll have to use that O_o I am educated, and experienced.

instead of having this pointless discussion, let's have a little game, shall we? You get a point if someone posts in favor of Jagex. I get a point if someone posts in favor of the rebels.

The only people we're going to get is people who don't like jagex because, one, that's the kind of person these forums attract, and two, the satisfied aren't likely to make a fuss about how satisfied they are.

The only people we're going to get is people who don't like jagex because, one, that's the kind of person these forums attract, and two, the satisfied aren't likely to make a fuss about how satisfied they are.

Are you guys STILL bickering? image Enough with the nonsense! Silly boys! image

Runescape itself has alot of potential. Jagex itself has alot of issues. I think  they have a lot of great that can be taken from this game, but in it's current state it needs alot of work to make it decent. Maybe just maybe they will fix what is broken one day, who knows we are not fortune tellers. Based on their past decsions however, I would not hold my breath.. I mean they have been working on this for over 10 years.

I would like to see a Runescape3 and have them take a new approach with the same kind of Mindset that Arena Net took when creating Guild wars 2. PUT PLAYERS FIRST for once.. they then could create an Awesome game.

There really is so much that could be done to improve the game, and no I am not talking about taking it back to floating armless blobs spitting at each other and cannot run, I am talking about real improvements to create a new rewarding fun game to play.

It isn't fun when you feel like you wasted your time after reaching your in game goals. They need to make the rewards worth the efforts, add features sucha s WASD movement and point and click options, they need to take the good and lose the bad and make the whole thing good rather than break it more and then try to fix it a little and then break it more.. 

The possibilities for this are infinite..

Imagine a crafting system where every in game item is craftable, socketable, tradable, dropable, customizable.. where players can set the stats for the weapons and armor, where players can add designs and change the colors add embelishments to their armors and weapons.

Imagine a game where you have a wilderness pvp zone where you can also  build  forts and catapults for pvp and have seige wars as well as ship wars..

Imagine a game where you have access to all in game content on one player and you have a great variety of skills that actually mean something in game. Like in order to create high level items you need a combination of high level skills.

Imagine a game where  people are not too depressed to talk, that things happen at a higher pace, where  there is no reason to repeat the same thing over and over again. Where they keep the skills and items interesting so you do not even realize you are training your account because it is actually fun to do so, and when you get there, You feel rewarded for your efforts.

Imagine them incorporating the real players stories into the game. When you read the books in the in game library they are about real players. When you see statues around town, they are those of the real players that are the best at those skills.

There really is so much they can do with this game, they chose not to do. These things have all been suggested over the years, but Jagex ignores that and does strange things..

Maybe one day, they will realize the full potential of their game, and make it better. It isn;t about not wanting things to change, it is wanting things to change for the better, not worse. It would be nice.

Um, again, this thread was made just to say that there's people in RS that don't want a thing to change. I think a lot of improvements can be made. I ust had to get defensive when the point was changed to RS being a sucky game. By the way, from the last jagex cups, they put the winning clans on plaques at Clan Wars and Lumbridge. What you were saying about a fort is cool and all, but they've been putting that sort of thing in minigames because of a lot of reasons. You log out of one world and into another, and there's a fort on top of you :P Someone walls off an area, you log out and into it. The way it is now, they can't do things like that, but they're always making changes that will let them do things like that. They're working on multi-player emotes, which sounds interesting. Given its all java based, they're really, really good.

Um, again, this thread was made just to say that there's people in RS that don't want a thing to change. I think a lot of improvements can be made. I ust had to get defensive when the point was changed to RS being a sucky game. By the way, from the last jagex cups, they put the winning clans on plaques at Clan Wars and Lumbridge. What you were saying about a fort is cool and all, but they've been putting that sort of thing in minigames because of a lot of reasons. You log out of one world and into another, and there's a fort on top of you :P Someone walls off an area, you log out and into it. The way it is now, they can't do things like that, but they're always making changes that will let them do things like that. They're working on multi-player emotes, which sounds interesting. Given its all java based, they're really, really good.

You do realize that the winning clans were very disappointed with the very lame bulliton board don't you? LOL! I even went in game and pointed out the board to a random player that it was there and the first thing he said was " That was what they got?!! What a rip off! They got screwed!" LOL when someone wins the cup it should look something like this:

I mean c'mon.. What was up with that lame attempt? Both RSD and TT were very disappointed. They should get statues, or at least a giant trophy with their names on it. 

The log in and out issue is a non issue. Just as when people log into a pvp world for the first time it automatically places you elsewhere. They could do that outside the battle zone. pretty easy.

Java has come a long way in the last 10 years, Runescape needs to catch up a bit. Have you even seen what has been coming out in java that can be played from your phone? This is just a sample:

Emotes are jibberish nonsense that do not add much to the game at all. I am talking about real game play, not standing around acting like an idiot. I mean if they had a punch in the face emote, that might be okay, but the rest of them are crap. Sure the little kids might care about their emotes, but most adults would rather have meaningful gameplay.

• BermannBermann Member Posts: 40

The difference is that blizzard isn't about to shoot themselves in the foot to stop bots. Which isn't to say that they're not gonna do anything. They're just not about to do something rash with their game like jagex has done. The unbalanced trade thing is by far the most ridiculous thing ever. Just look how many people resort to selling items with junk because they don't want to go by the prices the GE sets.

The wild removal isn't actually a bad thing, but not for the reasons jagex did it. The whole idea of forcing people who weren't interested in PVP to go out there for clues and such so they could be fodder for the pkers was stupid. They should've just separated the wildy into its own little area. People who wanted to pk could go pk, and people that wanted nothing to do with pking could be left alone. Why they insist on trying to innovate all these crappy minigames is beyond me. It would be so simple to please the pkers. Jagex just seems unwilling.

• deadhopedeadhope Member Posts: 52

The game doesn't have any appeal, it looked retarded and it still does, it's a game for people that can't afford good computers. Enjoy your graphics that look like a 2 year old scribbled on a piece of paper with poopstains on it.

Okay, I was just giving examples of progress that's been made. No need to debate me on sayng that something happened.

Okay, I was just giving examples of progress that's been made. No need to debate me on sayng that something happened.

What is your definition of progress? I would have considered it progress, IF they had broke their pattern of disappointment, and actually for once, just once, gave the players something to be proud of. I mean all that work to win the cup and then what? A bulleton board that would not even be acceptable in a public school in the US? LOL

At least at school the bulleton boards are like all decorated and colored. IT IS THE CUP. It should be massive, shiny -detailed. With like sparkles coming off of it screaming "LOOK AT THIS MASSIVE ACHIEVEMENT" written all over it.  When you click on it it should be detailed like the most important thing you could possibly be reading in the game. Then for each guild, it should not only list the name of the Guild, but all members who participated in the event. Not only that they should have been given something substantial in game. Like when Guild Wars had tourneys, they gave out Ipods, video cards, Cash and computers and they charge less than Runescape to play it. I mean one box and you can play forever costs less than a years sub with Jagex..

Jagex instead basically half assed it served it up in a cardboard box and people think it is progress. LOL

You made a statement, I made a statement, I was under the impression this was a forum, a place to discuss these things, and I was under the impression making a statement on a forum would mean you were actually wanting to take part in a discussion on the aspects of the changes in the game.

Progress would be actually rewarding players for their efforts, putting the players first, making the game worthwhile. Progress would not be continuing a pattern of disappointment. You claim that as an example of progress, I tell you that is an example of the problem with Jagex.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

oh the good old days of staking 30m at a time and getting enough for a phat in about a minute and a half.