Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Confirm - This game is run in the same online universe as EVE?

FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

As the title asks. Is this game actually live in the same universe / server structure as Eve Online? 

Will events in the Eve game effect events in the Dust 514 game? If so then how?

I must say it really does sound impressive if this is actually the case. I would even buy an xbox to play it on and have Eve going on my PC. 

Comments

• BluefixBluefix Member Posts: 166

Yes, Eve players will pay Dusties to conquer planets for them.

Personally I hope there will be more to it. Although it's an important connection I think it's something that in itself has limited effect on Dust gameplay (while the influence is more important in Eve).

• MuAhAhA_LoLzMuAhAhA_LoLz Member Posts: 10

I've been asking myself just that since a week or so, but I never had the awnser I search for, so;

Will we be able to simply land our ships and start fighting in the universe of DUST 514, and then jump back in our cockpits and re-enter EVE online? Will both games unite to one single mmorpg?

Well thanks for giving me a good awnser and for making this thread! I'd been searching for that a lotimage.

TYYYimage

You are fully capable of choosing your own destiny. The question you face is: wich path will you choose?

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Yes and no .. it has features that are coonected to its PC couterpart .. but Dust 514 is CONSOLE only... So no you wont be landing your ship in the Eve Universe and jumping out..

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

What I've understood it to do is two seperate games. People play eve, other people play Dust. Stuff that happens in Dust will cause effects in EvE and vice versa, but the two games will never actually be playing together, just affecting each other.

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

Originally posted by SnarlingWolf

What I've understood it to do is two seperate games. People play eve, other people play Dust. Stuff that happens in Dust will cause effects in EvE and vice versa, but the two games will never actually be playing together, just affecting each other.

Pretty much, yeah.

Eleanor Rigby.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Will there be enough action generated from EVE to give DUST folks stuff to do - or - do you figure there will end up being fluff stuff outside of what is related to EVE, you know?

Cause EVE is not exactly 23/7 with action itself for most people - so the whole idea of tying it into DUST has always left me wondering just how on Earth it would even work.

Going to be a case of people sitting around spinning...er...guns in DUST waiting for the people in EVE to stop spinning ships?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

2 games, 2 platforms, one coherent universe, and the mention of a shared social space (presumably once EVE's Incarna expansion goes live). For those imagining their capsuleers hopping out of their ships and mucking about with an assault rifle...I'd recommend learning some lore. ;)

I play EVE currently, and when DUST launches I'll play that as well.

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Zeletor
    2 games, 2 platforms, one coherent universe, and the mention of a shared social space (presumably once EVE's Incarna expansion goes live). For those imagining their capsuleers hopping out of their ships and mucking about with an assault rifle...I'd recommend learning some lore. ;)

Shared social space will be EVE Gate(at some point). Walking in station expansion in no way bring Dust players into EVE Online stations.

• ZeletorZeletor Member Posts: 150

Originally posted by Gdemami

Shared social space will be EVE Gate(at some point). Walking in station expansion in no way bring Dust players into EVE Online stations.

Right-o, thanks for the correction. :)

Currently playing: LOTRO, Guild Wars 2.
    Have played: EVE Online; Champions Online; Age of Conan; City of Heroes/Villains; Star Wars Galaxies (pre-CU, pre-NGE); World of Warcraft (Vanilla to Cataclysm); Hellgate: London; Warhammer Online; Lord of the Rings Online; Vanguard: Saga of Heroes; Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Wishlist: Mass Effect Online

• jrs77jrs77 Member Posts: 419

The two are only tied together by the planetary-system in EvE. EvE-players can setup contracts for Dust-players to capture bases on the planets, but it's not mandatory for Dust-players.

If there's no contracts, then the Dust-players can play the game totally independent not influencing EvE at all. Dust-players won't be able to change anything in EvE without being contracted by EvE-players first.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

First paragraph: yes

Second paragraph: sorry, no idea. Haven't played DUST yet unfortunately

• DawngreeterDawngreeter Member CommonPosts: 60

Yes, same game universe. Game design goal states that both EVE and Dust will be playable completely independantly if the other game happens to stop existing for whatever reason. We know that money will be able to flow from EVE to Dust but not from Dust to EVE in the begining. This is intended to change once the interaction between the two games becomes established and subject to detailed analysis.

As for game events influencing each other, this is also the intended goal I believe. The idea is that you can't extend much influence over planetside territories in EVE, you need Dust for it. The exact level of integration of two separate games into a single uniform system is something that is supposed to evolve over time. I recall a chart where they said Dust and EVE corporations will be completely separate at the begining, only contracting between each other. This is supposed to evolve into alliances and corporations which span both games.

• VirusDancerVirusDancer Member UncommonPosts: 3,649

Do you have to wonder if those looking forward to both Incarna and DUST will be disappointed by that last part?

I miss the MMORPG genre. Will a developer ever make one again?

Explorer: 87%, Killer: 67%, Achiever: 27%, Socializer: 20%

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

I can wait for EVE Gate, it'll be wonderfully worth it =p

Somehow I think the planetary action will see a *marked* increase when DUST goes live, if only due to a feeling of elitism among the capsuleers, and conquering another new frontier.

EVE players and corporations will most likely want to foster good relationships with DUST corporations, so when the debris settles, the power is in the right place.

I wonder if the intruige and subterfuge will be as widespread in DUST as in EVE...

On a less serious note, I can almost hear the QQ from anyone experiencing any lag if DUST is played on the main EVE cluster ^_^

• SheistaSheista Member UncommonPosts: 1,203

Originally posted by VirusDancer

Do you have to wonder if those looking forward to both Incarna and DUST will be disappointed by that last part?

Really, it makes sense in EVE lore.  Dust 514 are the mercenaries of EVE.  They're unimportant to the individual EVE pilot, while being a pivotal part of EVE's largescale warfare.

However, EVE pilots are practically considered demi-gods to the citizens of the planets.  They're immortals who deal in not only millions, but BILLIONS of ISK.  I think I read somewhere that a car in EVE's lore would cost maybe 5,000-ish ISK.  That's a drop in the bucket for a pilot in EVE who may have billions of ISK in assets.

• mutatormutator Member Posts: 131

So buying mercs would be cheap:D 2 bill isk and you got enough mercs to outnumber the goons:D