Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was surfing and saw ......

I've been web surfing and I decided to go check Starwars Galaxies website to see if the game was still alive. From what I breifly saw it seems the Radiant server is still up? Unbelievable. I thought SOE had eliminated empty servers. Or didn't they combine certain servers being many of them were practically empty? If so, then why is Radiant still up?

I began playing swg about 3 weeks after it went live. I played it until the nge came out then left because I didn't like it. Since then I've gone back twice and each time I returned to my houses in Naboo I barely ever saw anyone. I traveled thru' all the planets and all I saw was emptiness of a once full game. Forget about space, I never saw anyone there, period.

Truley, I still think of swg and the fun I had back then. The many friends I had and the way things used to be. Now, all that remains are memories of a time past.  Space was awesome. I loved it back then. I had amassed a fortune having surpassed the 200 million credits mark and I had the best of everything. Great memories.

I've played many of the on-line games out and currently I'm playing wow and truth be told wow is boring. But there's nothing else for now. I'm waiting on the republic, hoping it's somewhat like swg used to be.

So, is Radiant still up and if it is, why?

Thanks

Comments

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

Half of SWG's servers were closed, so obvioulsly, radiant made the 'Destination Server' list. Sadly, most of the destiantion servers are ghost towns and there are no plans at this time for Free characters Trasnfers or further server closures. The $50 transfer fee (per character) has been cut in half to $25 for players who desire to transfer to one of the very few well populated servers (Starsider being the most populated by far).

I fear you may be very disappointed if you are hoping that TOR will similar to SWG, but if you keep an open mind about it, TOR may still prove to be a great Star Wars game alternative.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

It doesn't seem right that you need to pay for a transfer out of a deserted server, especially one like Radiant. Doesn't make any sense.  First off, since they didn't close it and they should of it would make better business sense to have free transfers for players of that server as well as other servers like it who may want to return.

I had been thinking whether to return or not but if its the same way and transfering out costs $25 I most likely won't then. SWG has always been my favorite all time game although it angers me what they did to it.

Thank you for responding.

• GTwanderGTwander Member UncommonPosts: 6,035

I think someone has to manually fish out your character information and send it to an active server, which costs *something*, but I could be wrong.

Writer / Musician / Game Designer

Now Playing: Skyrim, Wurm Online, Tropico 4
    Waiting On: GW2, TSW, Archeage, The Rapture

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Hey erikk3189,

From the stats I produce you can see that Radiant is indeed one of SWGs lowest population servers, but they certainly aren't dead.

I took a look on the official Radiant forum and found a thread full of people happy to stay and play on Radiant.

Maybe next time you come back, if you do, say hello on the forums and hook up with a new guild and some new friends.

Good luck.

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Hey erikk3189,

From the stats I produce you can see that Radiant is indeed one of SWGs lowest population servers, but they certainly aren't dead.

I took a look on the official Radiant forum and found a thread full of people happy to stay and play on Radiant.

Maybe next time you come back, if you do, say hello on the forums and hook up with a new guild and some new friends.

Good luck.

I think it says a lot that there's only 2 pages of posts there though, and man.... there's HOURS between posts. The front page covers 16 days worth of posting. Sheeeeeet, would have been 16 minutes at one time, on some servers. Kind of sad to see really.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

Hey erikk3189,

Good luck.

thread full of people?

you mean 10?

• Shelby13Shelby13 Member Posts: 79

There are some SWG players that prefer small-population servers for whatever personal reason (tigher community, less lag, less crowding, more open spaces for cities).

That said.. I would rather see players who prefer larger-population get a free CTS ticket so they can move.   I still think the # of SWG servers is too high.. there are still to many very-low population servers that new players (and certain returning veterans) might get 'stuck on' without knowing.

SWG could probably shave off 2 or 4 more servers and still have plenty of room.   That still might happen.. someday.

SWG/STO/(SWTOR)

• kozolkozol Member Posts: 4

Radiant is still up, although it's one of the lower populated servers (like stated above).

FYI, SWG Vets, SOE will transfer your chars for free when you return (at least from an old server).  I spoke with someone on SOE chat last night and was able to get a free 3-day sub and a transfer of my old chars on Intrepid.

So for those interested in coming back to try it out, you can do it cost free.

Or you have the option of the 14-day free trial (new account), but I'm sure most want to play with your old chars.  Like me. :)