Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is this game?

helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

I'm looking for fun gameplay and prefer grouping. I like how it seems this game forces group play, and I've seen the combat videos and the gameplay seems exciting with nice effects and visuals.

I can't seem to find any new info the game though. Did the Shadow class come out in the world version? Is it another pay2power game?

Thanks in advance forany help.

Comments

• MajHavokMajHavok Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by helthros

I'm looking for fun gameplay and prefer grouping. I like how it seems this game forces group play, and I've seen the combat videos and the gameplay seems exciting with nice effects and visuals.

I can't seem to find any new info the game though. Did the Shadow class come out in the world version? Is it another pay2power game?

It doesn't "force" you to group up but you get more out of a group (exp, better drops, etc). Graphics are nice, but you will see maps reused a couple times for boss missions (not really a bad thing). Shadow has not come out, won't for maybe a couple months. Cash Shop is there, but you realy don't need it to do well in game. Hope that helps.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Originally posted by MajHavok

It doesn't "force" you to group up but you get more out of a group (exp, better drops, etc). Graphics are nice, but you will see maps reused a couple times for boss missions (not really a bad thing). Shadow has not come out, won't for maybe a couple months. Cash Shop is there, but you realy don't need it to do well in game. Hope that helps.

How is the content? Can you do quests to lvl? Is there a point where you just grind?

• MajHavokMajHavok Member UncommonPosts: 19

Originally posted by MajHavok

How is the content? Can you do quests to lvl? Is there a point where you just grind?

By doing mission you can get to level 94-95 (130 is cap rigt now), from there it's kind of a grind as you need to repeat final missions to gain exp. or do some cursed tower runs, which are 10-30 levels of monster fighting. Content is lagging,  but you still have 5 areas to mission in, at the moment.

• manotrmanotr Member UncommonPosts: 5

It's a great game. Sun's got just a little problem: no support at all! And with all the bugs occuring after every patch, trust me, it's really hard to stay there. I was an active player for 3 motnhs, lvl 105 (in eu server cap is still 115) and I spent about 400€. Well, many of my items disapeared after a patch and other item's got different problem (can't sell them anymore after patch). Never get an answer from customer care (well, speaking about eu), I mailed em every 2 days for 3 weeks, then  I decided to quit SUN. But I still think it's a really good game.

• hollowtekhollowtek Member Posts: 5

Leveling is 99% questing. Finding a party isn't too difficult. Unfortunately, after level 60+ you find yourself forced into paying for powerleveling via questing (game currency). Gameplay is great, considering you don't have to pay a dime. The best part is that the item mall doesn't provide an unfair advantage. I enjoy the game very much, but after not being able to find a party at level 72 for 2 weeks, I gave up. However, don't let that discourage you from playing, as there was not many players to begin with while I was on. I'm sure that by now the player population has grown. 

Be water my friend.

• bengenbengen Member Posts: 4

The game itself is not bad however I found that there are not enough quests and as you go higher in level it gets worse unless you have a regular group you play in.

• zugurudumbazugurudumba Member Posts: 33

I've recently started playing on Webzen's servers (the global servers) and I've noticed that this game looks AWESOME. The level design is astonishing, so much detail! I've never ever seen a F2P MMORPG look so amazing. I should also mention the extremely low system requirements. A PC built 5 years ago can run this game on max settings, and it looks (here it comes) as good as LotRO.

And there's people everywhere, at least in the starter area(s). You should all try it.