Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha and Beta player just subbed for first time.

levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I tested this game starting in the friends and family days. I had constant performance problems, even when I built an entirely new computer during the testing phases. I never subscribed when it launched. I checked in a few times on the trial but I still had severe performance issues. Now, since Blood Sports came out, the game runs normally for me! I grabbed it off of direct2drive for $6.

I was impressed by how much they have improved the graphics from the early days. They were pretty horrendous. If you are running on a high resolution, maxed out, the game looks surprisingly good.

I'm only 6th level now and the only complaints I have so far are the AI pathing/behavior and the combat. It does feel rather clunky and "off." The scoped weapons seem to feel a little better as far as the firearms are concerned. I can't tell if it will be a deal breaker for me yet down the road. Right now I am having fun. It's pretty cool exploring. The post-apocalyptic feel is pretty well done. It is  a little amateurish in some ways but it looks like the game is always improving.

Look me up in game: Parasite Flipper.

Here are a few screenshots

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

Comments

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

I am just about level 10 now and Fallen Earth is growing on me. The combat remains clunky feeling but the world more than makes up for it.

The graphics continue to impress me. Even though I had checked in periodically since launch via promotions and the trial, I had expected the graphics to be horrible. This is mainly due to having played the alpha. It is like a different game now. The weather effects and day/night cycles really add a lot to the atmosphere.

So far people seem extremely helpful in the chat channels. Although I see people all of the time, a lot of them seem to play it as an online single player game. I've not yet met any people but it has only been a few days since I subscribed.

There is a lot that can be made with crafting and I'm just starting to scratch the surface with that. You can explore the open world in a vehicle or on the back of a horse.

This game gives me some of the feelings I had in SWG years ago...it is definitely worth checking out if the post-apocalyptic setting interests you. Fallen Earth is not without flaws but given what is out on the p2p MMO market right now I think that it is worth picking up. You can always do the trial if you're scared and tearful.

By the way, as of the time of this post, you can still get FE for $6 on direct2drive. A few of my friends picked it up today, you guys should jump on it while it is dirt cheap.

Have a winner!

image  image

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Glad to see you're having fun :)

This is still my #2 game right behind Lotro, and although I'm subbing only to Lotro now, I am definitely coming back to this game sometime in the near future, as I enjoyed it greatly :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363

Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

Glad to see you're having fun :)

This is still my #2 game right behind Lotro, and although I'm subbing only to Lotro now, I am definitely coming back to this game sometime in the near future, as I enjoyed it greatly :)

DB

Interesting. I've got a lvl 65 Captain with pretty much everything. I really liked LOTRO...but the crafting and various other aspects are extremely simple. Still, I'd rate LOTRO as one of my top 10 MMOs.  It is f2p, as you know, so I was running around Moria leveling my burglar for freeeee. I like free. I am thinking about subbing quarterly to FE. I'm going to wait until I am almost done my first 30 days.

If you head back to FE, let me know. I could use some little buddies!