Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

15 hours into CoG.....

PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

So I have been playing for about 15 hours, I am at level 5, 1136 / 11000 of level 5, so a long way till level 6. This game has a great concept, however, the curve is really steep. I had to hunt down rabbits for their meat for one quest, it took me about 5 hours to hunt up 15 meats for some "roast for hubby". At this rate I guess it will take me a bout 2 weeks to get to level 20.Their are VERY few low level quests, so I am now faced with level 8 quests at level 5. I can only kill a leopard if I'm lucky. So I have about 3 quests that ask for their meat, skin, claw, or tooth. I was able to get some copper, make a chain mail vest that upped my AC to around 149 which did help, but I had a cow kill me. I am using a quest reward dagger that does 14.xx dps, but the weaponless cow hits hard and faster. A group you say.... well I have found 3 others on the free server since I have started playing. Purchase KUN for some better items, a cloak that adds 100ac, and a dagger that does 47+ dps would cost me $50.00 US dollars, no thanks!! I am going to give it another day or so.. but with the steep curve and lack of population, don't really seeing this going anywhere for me and probably a lot of others.

Comments

• abistarabistar Member UncommonPosts: 92

Originally posted by Tredo

So I have been playing for about 15 hours, I am at level 5, 1136 / 11000 of level 5, so a long way till level 6. This game has a great concept, however, the curve is really steep. I had to hunt down rabbits for their meat for one quest, it took me about 5 hours to hunt up 15 meats for some "roast for hubby". At this rate I guess it will take me a bout 2 weeks to get to level 20.Their are VERY few low level quests, so I am now faced with level 8 quests at level 5. I can only kill a leopard if I'm lucky. So I have about 3 quests that ask for their meat, skin, claw, or tooth. I was able to get some copper, make a chain mail vest that upped my AC to around 149 which did help, but I had a cow kill me. I am using a quest reward dagger that does 14.xx dps, but the weaponless cow hits hard and faster. A group you say.... well I have found 3 others on the free server since I have started playing. Purchase KUN for some better items, a cloak that adds 100ac, and a dagger that does 47+ dps would cost me $50.00 US dollars, no thanks!! I am going to give it another day or so.. but with the steep curve and lack of population, don't really seeing this going anywhere for me and probably a lot of others.

Yes, I have started playing this since saw the F2P server, it is a pretty unique game..it's not finished...lots of bugs, weird character animations, feels like a Closed Beta or something..have been playing it for 4 hours now and I have only seen 2 people in that whole time...it's hard to kill mobs that are 3-4 lvs ahead of you..I will keep playing for the time being..keeping a positive attitude, just don't know how long that will last.

• regubareguba Member Posts: 56

Well, gave the game a go for a bit. I love the open endedness of the skills and stats, lots of fun to play in a classless system. Only gripes that I have, lots of quirky bugs/typos. So far I have encountered no game breaking bugs, ran into an invisible wall in the middle of no where, cows and other critters like to walk through walls.

Second gripe, it's a lonely world out there. Never even saw another player due to the fact that the beginner zones are separated by race. Had to resort to global chat to get conversation, and even then there were only about 4 people including myself.

Not sure if the P2P server is like this, I'd imagine it is. The game has potential, but it's unlikely we'll ever get to see it :(

• KhantKhant Member Posts: 6

I gave it another chance when I read that now it is F2P. I'm seeing a lot of improvements since the last time I had played it during the beta. This game have some cool features and game mechanics, I hope that now it goes F2P more people come to the new server so the gaming experience can improve.

• KhantKhant Member Posts: 6

Today I read something about a new big dungeon that will be released soon...it's seems very promising cause it will have free access also on the F2P server and it will be not instanced, so both factions can meet each other inside and now that on the new server there are some people it would be a good place for pvp...we'll see