Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An unstoppable object hitting an immovable wall....

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Just wondering if when 2 super beings go at each other, will there be effects such as sonic booms and the shattering of building windows from the shockwave of the two titans colliding? Will we be able to punch enemies through buildings? through city streets, winding up in the sewer? Just how destructable will the enviroment be?

Comments

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

Well from the videos, of which there are plenty of on youtube, I would say no you won't be punching people through buildings or through the ground.

However it does look like just about everything you could possible pick up to hurtle at somone from a trash can to a bus will be availbable for you to do so.

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• dnarrisdnarris Member Posts: 267

@Burdock2

I noticed you're asking a lot of "What's going to be in the game" questions. If you haven't looked at the SOE DCUO site yet, there are a ton of videos, screenshots, and general information on what has been revealed so far. If you really want to know what everyone else knows you should check out the site.

I'm not into facebook and twitter, but they seem to share a lot of information through those meduims as well. Check those out as well if they are something you use.

Here's the DCUO site: http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/

Wanted to add that if you haven't signed up for the beta yet, that you can do so on the site as well. Not sure when it'll be open, but if you want a sneak peak at the game and a chance to do some bug hunting for the game, sign up.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Vercin

However it does look like just about everything you could possible pick up to hurtle at somone from a trash can to a bus will be availbable for you to do so.

I imagine they'll do that in the same way CO did with only strength based characters being able to pick up the larger objects. I don't mean that in a bad way though as it's the obvious way to go. Hopefully they do something better with Telekinesis though as Co's attempt at that utterly failed.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

characters being able to interact as well as opponents with the environment are a big part of the game i doubt they are going to put any limiting factors on it, and there have been on indications like that so far