Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The Tragic Death of Brian Wood

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Relic Entertainment's Brian Wood was tragically killed in an automobile crash on September 8th. As Wood and his wife were driving down the road, he observed an out of control vehicle coming at them head on. Knowing a collision was inevitable, he swerved so that his side of the vehicle would take the brunt of the impact. The result of his action saved the life of his wife and unborn child. The other vehicle's driver was taking off her sweater and had turned the wheel over to a passenger.

The first thing Erin Wood wants her baby to know is that Dad, Brian, died to save their lives.

“. . . In his final act he did the only thing that would save us,” said Wood, 31.

With an out-of-control Chevy Blazer bearing down on him, the 33-year old North Vancouver man braked and swerved his Subaru wagon so that he would take the force of the head-on collision, saving his wife of five years, pregnant with their first baby..

“All the policeman say that if we had hit the car head-on all of us would be dead. At the very last second (Brian) braked really hard and turned right so that he would be put in the path of the SUV and not me and the baby, and that is the only thing that saved us both.

“I am not going to waste the gift he gave us.”

Read the full sad story here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Greyhawk4x4Greyhawk4x4 Member UncommonPosts: 480
  • Bicknell55Bicknell55 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Brian Wood a Hero! Thank you Brian for an unselfish ultimate sacrifice. RIP!  You will be missed...

Bick

• slim26slim26 Member UncommonPosts: 645

R.I.P Brian Wood. I would have done the same to save my unborn child and wife, which my wife is due in 4months and I am very very protectively on guard!

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255

Sad to hear about this.  May your family find some strength in your sacrifice.  I hope that I could be as brave in such a situation.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768

That's amazing. Taking the crash to save your wife and unborn child. 

• nathanknaacknathanknaack Level Designer - CCP GamesMember UncommonPosts: 27

Here's to a real life hero.

• ShiymmasShiymmas Member UncommonPosts: 587

Originally posted by nathanknaack

X2.

I got chills reading the article.  It made me sick to read that the offending drivers were "well known to police" and yet were still out there, able to kill someone, as well as their own friends.  Having known two people closely who died due to drug/alchohol related car incidents, this story certainly hits close to home.  It's just not fair the world should lose good people because of someone else's poor decisions.

Condolences to the Wood family indeed.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
    George Bernard Shaw

“What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.”
    Oscar Wilde

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

His quick instinctive reaction to protect his love and unborn child shows how he truly cared. RIP.

• ziifnabziifnab Member UncommonPosts: 53

Wow, what a tragic and amazing story. God bless the wife and child.

R.I.P Brian

95% of all percentages quoted on the internet are made up on the spot 50% of the time.

• CharakanCharakan Member UncommonPosts: 8

What a brave man.

R.I.P Brian

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

This is really sad, a true hero

R.I.P Brian Wood.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Take the two surviving drug using bitches, put them back in what's left of their SUV, roll it off a cliff, and consider the case closed.

R.I.P. Brian

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• slashbeastslashbeast Member Posts: 533

Condolences to friends and family.

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Wow, that's sad news, I feel for his family.

• GoobGoob Member Posts: 398

Very, very tragic. I had an Aunt killed in a similar automobile accident in BC. Very dangerous roads there when you have those type of imbecile kids driving around.

I am sorry for the family's loss, may they live long and cherish their hero's last gift.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Rest in peace, Brian.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

My condolescenes go out ot his family. I hope they recieve justice for this ridiculious loss of a good man's life.

• KilorTheMeekKilorTheMeek Member Posts: 260

I've never heard of Brian Wood until reading this article, and I have tears in my eyes.  Such incredible selfless heroism that will never be forgotten. 

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends - John 15:13

There is a special place in Heaven reserved for such as you, Brian Wood.  Be at peace.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

What a sad loss.  RIP Brian...you are indeed a hero for what you did to save your family. 

I think many of us probably know people around us who act as foolishly as these four kids in the SUV did - and we all need to keep doing more to try and stop it...this is just senseless and an epidemic that we need to fight harder.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• kumakunkumakun Member Posts: 4

That's completely tragic.  My condolences to Mr. Wood's family.

A real life super hero, and an inspiration.. 

You'll be missed.

R.I.P. Brian

• Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75

RIP Mr. Wood...and I really hope that the courts come down hard on the driver and passengers of the SUV.

Blessings to his wife and child!

John Lambert

-Slider7

Looking for that next MMO

• EivilSarEivilSar Member Posts: 25

so sad to hear about any loss of life.

Damm I hate SUV, what chance do you have against a tank!

EivilSar, Deathhand of International
    Spellborn PvP

• HepisodicHepisodic Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by Shiymmas

Originally posted by nathanknaack

X2.

I got chills reading the article.  It made me sick to read that the offending drivers were "well known to police" and yet were still out there, able to kill someone, as well as their own friends.  Having known two people closely who died due to drug/alchohol related car incidents, this story certainly hits close to home.  It's just not fair the world should lose good people because of someone else's poor decisions.

Condolences to the Wood family indeed.

Second this. It's truly is a sad thing that good people lose their lives to other's poor decisions.

Veritas Vos Liberabit- The truth will set you free.

• MsGamerladyMsGamerlady Member UncommonPosts: 192

Brian may you find peace, love and joy in the here after <3

• SgtEchoSgtEcho Member Posts: 139

Life isn't fair and it's sad that he had to become a hero after he died. Making such a quick decision like that he, without a doubt puts his wife and child before him. If only we had more people like this.

You're a hero, man