Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest misadventures of a (almost) returning player.

AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

So I bit the bullet and redownloaded the 13 gig client. Thankfully I had purchased it on steam so it went pretty damn fast. Go onto my main ncsoft account and reactivate. Good to go right? Nope.

I can't remember my aion game account password as I changed it to some ungodly mismatch of characters and numbers as my account had been hacked once. You can't auto retrieve game passwords for aion (which could be a good thing security wise) but my support ticket request to have my password to be reset has been unanswered in 15 hours :/

Oh well I still want to play. Don't I?

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

Comments

• AericynAericyn Member UncommonPosts: 394

Won't likely see a response until today. I don't think they answer on Sat/Sun, from my experience anyhow.

Also, given the expansion launched last week you are probably in a line of folks requesting password resets. :) Just a traffic jam. Wait a day or so and see if you get a response, should be fine.

I bet sometime today you will hear back.

• LakytusLakytus Member Posts: 59

I petitioned for a password change on Friday.  They do not do anything on weekends.  I did get it reset today, so you'll just have to wait a bit longer.

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

It seems absurd that they don't do password resets on the weekend. I can change my online banking password easier than this. Going on 20 hours of wating now.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• ParameterParameter Member Posts: 56

I had the same exact problem when I reactivated.  I, however, am a very impatient person so I called the customer support line and they actually were really nice about it.  They changed it for me right on the spot and forwarded my petition (I had also been hacked so had no money/items) to their support team and put a priority number on it, everything was resolved fairly quickly.  I do recommend calling them though - was no wait and they will take care of your password right there on the spot.

Can't be bothered to wait in queue in the customer service line whilst paying absurd long distance rates. Lets hope they actually reset my password today :/

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

had the same problem, took 2 or 3 days before they reset my pass, and unbanned my account.

• LakytusLakytus Member Posts: 59

I got my password back, but I asked for my money that was stolen back, and for some reason 4 of my characters are deleted.  I don't know if it's because of the server merge or someone deleted them, but only one is still there.  They sent an email saying it would be 14 days for any account restoration.  I don't know if they put password resets into this queue.

I finally got it reset today but I had to phone them. The guy on the phone said it normally takes 48-72 hours but theyre so busy right now its taking 3-4 days. Yesterday when I phoned the queue was 16 and then 21 people long today it was only me in queue for calling at the same time. Thank god for the new free trial of google phone. My cell phone rates are absurd.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• abyss610abyss610 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,131

Originally posted by Ackbar

I finally got it reset today but I had to phone them. The guy on the phone said it normally takes 48-72 hours but theyre so busy right now its taking 3-4 days. Yesterday when I phoned the queue was 16 and then 21 people long today it was only me in queue for calling at the same time. Thank god for the new free trial of google phone. My cell phone rates are absurd.

buy a magic jack, that thing is great. $20 a year for unlimited long-distance is nuts. since i bought one i down graded to  very basic home line service (no long-distance) and use the magic jack only for long distance calls. i never make many calls to begin with and even fewer long distance.

• CrazerageCrazerage Member Posts: 18

Originally posted by Ackbar

So I bit the bullet and redownloaded the 13 gig client. Thankfully I had purchased it on steam so it went pretty damn fast. Go onto my main ncsoft account and reactivate. Good to go right? Nope.

I can't remember my aion game account password as I changed it to some ungodly mismatch of characters and numbers as my account had been hacked once. You can't auto retrieve game passwords for aion (which could be a good thing security wise) but my support ticket request to have my password to be reset has been unanswered in 15 hours :/ There is a number to call but you will be on hold for awhile but faster than waiting on your ticket

Oh well I still want to play. Don't I?