Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Everyone TERA is as EPIC as GW2, GW2 vs TERA seriously.

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Anybody have any more Tera videos of the Tanking class

The new demo video taken at pax using the new client should be out soon.  All other video's out there are months old and using outdated client.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Originally posted by sonicbrew

The whole thing that blows it for me in Tera is the always and forever Asian style "Look at my weapon that's 10X the size of me" nonsense. I can't stand it and it just kills the game for me no matter how beautiful it may be. While I don't require total realism in a fantasy video game, some things are just required on my end like weapons appropriate to size.

What blows it for me with GW2 is that it looks like a cross between AOC and some cheap chinese f2p game,  The detail of the world looks like crap and uses way to much lighting effects.  I doubt there will be any challange to the pve content.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• twruletwrule Member Posts: 1,251

I don't consider it a choice that has to be made really.  Since GW2 is B2P, you can always play both simultaneously if you wanted.  If for some reason you wanted to only choose one, it'd depend on the type of features you were looking for.

TERA:

-Somewhat more twitch-based combat than GW2 (even though GW2 does have twitch elements).

-Political system

-Huge open world to explore (GW2 looks to be having this too, but based on the videos I've seen - TERA's may be larger and most suited to free-roaming exploration.  It should be noted that the GW2 world will probably be far more content dense though.)

-World PvP

GW2:

-More engaging PvE with the dynamic event system, probably a lot more PvE content in general too.

-W v W

-G v G instanced PvP

-Casual, cohesive gameplay environment (as opposed to TERA which seems more conducive to hardcore/competitive playstyles.)

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

I don't like FFA pvp, so going with GW2.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

After Aion experience i'm not touching asian game unless it has good references still few months after release.

After Warhammer experience i'm not touching game where developer is not handling game in my region (Europe) and sold rights to other company, unless it has good references still few months after release. Tbh fact that Tera is not serviced in Europe even by company that did modifications for NA is so far big NO for me to buy the game.

Most information about Terra is about combat system + few info about political system. When primary selling point si combat (and in case of Tera thats how it looks like their marketing is trying to promote their game) it hints on shallow other features which i expect from mmo.

I'm not saying that Tera is crap game, but if i can compare, anet is doing way better job promoting various features of their game, while Tera focuses on combat (and that is not enough for me in case of mmo). Based on what i know about these 2 games i will probably buy gw2 at release and wait on references with Tera.

• endersshadowendersshadow Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by twrule

I don't consider it a choice that has to be made really.  Since GW2 is B2P, you can always play both simultaneously if you wanted.  If for some reason you wanted to only choose one, it'd depend on the type of features you were looking for.

TERA:

-Somewhat more twitch-based combat than GW2 (even though GW2 does have twitch elements).

-Political system

-Huge open world to explore (GW2 looks to be having this too, but based on the videos I've seen - TERA's may be larger and most suited to free-roaming exploration.  It should be noted that the GW2 world will probably be far more content dense though.)

-World PvP

GW2:

-More engaging PvE with the dynamic event system, probably a lot more PvE content in general too.

-W v W

-G v G instanced PvP

-Casual, cohesive gameplay environment (as opposed to TERA which seems more conducive to hardcore/competitive playstyles.)

GuildWars 2 isnt free and any decent mmo will take enough of my time that I dont want to play another mmo regardless of whether its pay to play or free.

GW2 is on my list for pvp reasons but I am not impressed with the videos or the graphics and I am not crazy about them getting rid of the trinity. Its not innovation if its bad.

And Tera is not even a consideration for me. Its asian, I fear it will be grindy and I am not crazy about the aiming system.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by danJ188

I dont even know how to reply to this thread..the title says it all, but it is 100% wrong. Tera is just another hack and slash asian game. No depth, no thought. But it's pretty, right? It is right up there with the new FF mmo. No gameplay, all looks. GW2 isnt even on the same field as these titles. It's far and ahead the most anticipated game besides TOR and a few others-none of which is TERA. Heck, Rift looks more promising then this title.

A political system is no depth? I'd rather have a game that bases my "dodge" ability in actual movement rather than a random percent of having a "chance" to dodge. If by no dpeth you mean less maths and rng then I suppose you are right. Other than that I don't see what you mean exactly. And "no thought" because once in your life you won't have to look at your keyboard but rather at your screen, because you will have no more heat seeking fireballs? I don't get you really.

Originally posted by paterah

I dont even know how to reply to this thread..the title says it all, but it is 100% wrong. Tera is just another hack and slash asian game. No depth, no thought. But it's pretty, right? It is right up there with the new FF mmo. No gameplay, all looks. GW2 isnt even on the same field as these titles. It's far and ahead the most anticipated game besides TOR and a few others-none of which is TERA. Heck, Rift looks more promising then this title.

A political system is no depth? I'd rather have a game that bases my "dodge" ability in actual movement rather than a random percent of having a "chance" to dodge. If by no dpeth you mean less maths and rng then I suppose you are right. Other than that I don't see what you mean exactly. And "no thought" because once in your life you won't have to look at your keyboard but rather at your screen, because you will have no more heat seeking fireballs? I don't get you really.

Do you REALLY think the game is going to be all sunshine and awesomesauce like you say? Seriously. Get a grip. People who've followed games for the past ten years know how releases work. You get all hyped up, you watch videos, the devs spew their "omg were so innovative and cool!" devblogs. Game comes out, and depending on how much crap they spewed, the game either lives or dies.

Asian games have a bad rep for a REASON. They don't deliver, almost ever on their promises. Lag, server to client issues, ect ect. You keep on saying "I don't get you naysayers."Well, they are naysayers for a reason. And it's childish to think "Oh..this will be the one that changes everything!". They want to prove people wrong, release a n-shit tier game. ArenaNET and the rest that work on the GW franchise, they've proven themselves. They KNOW what they are doing, and deliver on promises. So it's not even a debate.

I don't think, I know cause I was in FGT2. There weren't only eastern games that failed, ALL MMOs have been pretty much bad the last few years. As for TERA; no lag, no client issues even in an alpha test. Heck, there is even CB and probably OB before the game launches so my bets are on a polished game. Sure, the ANet guys are known for their work and the successful GW, but let's not forget that the guys behind TERA are also rather experienced and professionals considering that they consist of ex Blizzard and NCsoft devs, an ex-Xbox Live operations center vetran as well as people that worked on games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect and DDO even their music composers are highly recognised.

• IkkeiIkkei Member Posts: 169

Do you REALLY think the game is going to be all sunshine and awesomesauce like you say? Seriously. Get a grip. People who've followed games for the past ten years know how releases work. You get all hyped up, you watch videos, the devs spew their "omg were so innovative and cool!" devblogs. Game comes out, and depending on how much crap they spewed, the game either lives or dies.

Asian games have a bad rep for a REASON. They don't deliver, almost ever on their promises. Lag, server to client issues, ect ect. You keep on saying "I don't get you naysayers."Well, they are naysayers for a reason. And it's childish to think "Oh..this will be the one that changes everything!". They want to prove people wrong, release a n-shit tier game. ArenaNET and the rest that work on the GW franchise, they've proven themselves. They KNOW what they are doing, and deliver on promises. So it's not even a debate.

This. Quoted for truth. 

To those having great hopes for TERA, I don't want to sound pessimistic, but there's a pattern in korean games that holds "the more innovative, the shallower/grindier". 

I wouldn't say that no asian game will ever be good for western gamers, but I don't believe this day has come. It will be a long process, should it ever happen.

One asian game will be better than others at appealing to the western market, then another a bit more, and so forth. It wont happen over night, or over a year. This is a cultural matter. It takes time. As in "a decade". This is an issue that has deep roots, in society and individual psychology, tradition and education. When applied to the making and playing of a game, it's an issue that has consequences at the deepest level, it's a matter of core concepts in game design, of choices that are made even before a single word is written.

Even with good faith, you don't magically transform a grind-based game into a wow-like by changing a few numbers here and a few texts there. It takes more than "westernization" or whatever Yahoo logic working in corporate business ("Think global, act local", back in the 90's). It just doesn't work this way in MMOs. 

For all I know, Korean players don't play most of western MMOs anymore than we play most of theirs. Then the obvious conclusion is that none of the two genres is "better" than the other, however each does appeal to a specific population. And besides a handful of major hits (really, no more than that), the asian market and the western market are essentially disjointed. Fact. Which is why TERA, like it or not, has more chances to be [another random korean MMO] than [the acclaimed messiah that conquered the west].

As someone said earlier in this thread, wait three months after release and then check it out. That's when one can judge how a MMO is doing. Don't fall for the hype unless you like beta/release stages in MMOs.

• PriestrPriestr Member Posts: 39

I dont care if its going to be a grind game or not, noone can say that until its out, so im willing to risk it, and due its other highly interesting features, like the combat system (which is my nr.1 feature on the list of why getting TERA) or the political system, im gonna test it, like i did with aion, even if aion failed and i cancelled after 2 months, over the time when i tested 1.9 it felt much much more less then a grind game. But i think TERA, if done well with quests/raids/pvp could become a good game. And even if its fails, it will be a nice example for other developers what not to do wrong.

Playing: Global Agenda / Vindictus
    -----------------
    Excited for: Guild Wars 2 / TERA / SWTOR
    -----------------
    Have Played: Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Lord of the Rings Online, Vanguard, CoH/CoV, EverQuest 1+2, Tabula Rasa, DDO, The Chronical of Spellborn, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Champions Online, Aion, FLYFF, ArchLord, Metin 2, DAoC, APB, CC, Darkfall and many many more
    -----------------
    Favorite MMO: Ultima Online

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287

Originally posted by stayontarget

The whole thing that blows it for me in Tera is the always and forever Asian style "Look at my weapon that's 10X the size of me" nonsense. I can't stand it and it just kills the game for me no matter how beautiful it may be. While I don't require total realism in a fantasy video game, some things are just required on my end like weapons appropriate to size.

What blows it for me with GW2 is that it looks like a cross between AOC and some cheap chinese f2p game,  The detail of the world looks like crap and uses way to much lighting effects.  I doubt there will be any challange to the pve content.

I can sorta see the AoC reference, but a "cheap chinese game"? Doesn't really hold water with such a vague reference. I do agree that the lighting effects seem too high, but you'll be able to turn them down or off. It hasn't been stated that you can, but it's not really an opinion of mine either since every MMO I've played has graphics options to turn things like this off.

As for the world looking like crap, that's your opinion I guess. Now, the PvE content not looking challenging, have you seen or played any of the dungeons yet? No? Then again, that reference doesn't hold much water either.

Either come up with why you think what you think, or don't contribute. Spewing your "this game looks too easy in PvE", and your "game looks like crap" posts just makes you look simple. Thanks for your time.

Originally posted by Kyelthis

I can sorta see the AoC reference, but a "cheap chinese game"? Doesn't really hold water with such a vague reference. I do agree that the lighting effects seem too high, but you'll be able to turn them down or off. It hasn't been stated that you can, but it's not really an opinion of mine either since every MMO I've played has graphics options to turn things like this off.

As for the world looking like crap, that's your opinion I guess. Now, the PvE content not looking challenging, have you seen or played any of the dungeons yet? No? Then again, that reference doesn't hold much water either.

Either come up with why you think what you think, or don't contribute. Spewing your "this game looks too easy in PvE", and your "game looks like crap" posts just makes you look simple. Thanks for your time.

I guess he intented to say that the world looks awful and crap compared to TERA? Just a speculation.

Originally posted by paterah

Originally posted by Kyelthis

I guess he intented to say that the world looks awful and crap compared to TERA? Just a speculation.

Doubtful, but maybe.

I think that TERA has slightly better graphics than GW2, but I like GW2's art design more. The only thing that I'm hesitant about with TERA is if will have a crazy grind like Lineage 2 did or not. Aside from that, I think it could be a great game. People just need to get away from this whole "my game is better than yours" mentality and look at this as possibly 2 great games coming into a (presently) bland genre and have the foresight to see how it can help MMOs in the future.

Originally posted by endersshadow

GuildWars 2 isnt free and any decent mmo will take enough of my time that I dont want to play another mmo regardless of whether its pay to play or free.

GW2 is on my list for pvp reasons but I am not impressed with the videos or the graphics and I am not crazy about them getting rid of the trinity. Its not innovation if its bad.

And Tera is not even a consideration for me. Its asian, I fear it will be grindy and I am not crazy about the aiming system.

Don't kid yourself, GW2 might have a start up cost but it will still be a f2p game so it will attract the f2p crowd and everything that comes with that.  Making a game where everyone can heal and rez will most likely make the game easy mode, aka: jump in have fun zerging around with peeps you don't talk to and then get out and go solo.  GW1 was never considered a pve game so don't expect much to change with GW2, sure they added a few more twist to it but still by looking at what they have shown so far you can tell the mob Ai is weak at best.  Scaling content depending on the amount of people fighting will mean nothing but increasing the amount of HP the mob has.  GW1 was all about pvp and so will GW2, so try to keep that in mind when your steamrolling the pve content.

Don't get me wrong, even with all that the game will still / should be a good buy for your money. Just don't expect miracles.

Tera also concerns me in a few area's also.  It's focus so far has been nothing but pve and mostly group (5 man) pve.  It's pve content will be much more dynamic but this could also cause some problems also.  Pve encounter are going to ramp up quite high later on in the game and pug's are going to be a bitch because you can't carry someone that sucks at his class.  One or two bad players in your group will cause a wipe.  Healers & tanks that know what the fuck there doing will be in high demand so if a server is short on these classes it will cause a problem.  Encounter with Large boss mobs will also be an issue for melee classes because there field of view will be restricted due to the size of the mob and they might not see the mobs "tells" when a big attack comes....meaning that some sort of teamspeak will be needed and a range class will need to quarterback the flow of action......and don't get me started about pvp, crafting and political systems because they have not shown shit about those things yet......maybe after FGT3 they will.

cheers.....

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

What?

Tera so far looks like any other exploitative eastern grinder. This season the "weapons" are a bit bigger and the "armours" are a bit skimpier but that's just about it.

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING in Tera to whet a gamer's appetite. No new mechanics, no "joy" to it. It's all about sexier avatars and "harder" politics. Lol. Dicks and twats festival if I ever saw one.

It might work in countries that have restrictive anti-porn firewalls but that's just about the only appeal I can detect there. The forbidden fruit syndrome. "Come look at my lance." Lol. "The Lancer".. Oh come on....

/sigh

go back to sleep

Originally posted by endersshadow

Don't kid yourself, GW2 might have a start up cost but it will still be a f2p game so it will attract the f2p crowd and everything that comes with that.  Making a game where everyone can heal and rez will most likely make the game easy mode, aka: jump in have fun zerging around with peeps you don't talk to and then get out and go solo.  GW1 was never considered a pve game so don't expect much to change with GW2, sure they added a few more twist to it but still by looking at what they have shown so far you can tell the mob Ai is weak at best.  Scaling content depending on the amount of people fighting will mean nothing but increasing the amount of HP the mob has.  GW1 was all about pvp and so will GW2, so try to keep that in mind when your steamrolling the pve content.

Don't get me wrong, even with all that the game will still / should be a good buy for your money. Just don't expect miracles.

Tera also concerns me in a few area's also.  It's focus so far has been nothing but pve and mostly group (5 man) pve.  It's pve content will be much more dynamic but this could also cause some problems also.  Pve encounter are going to ramp up quite high later on in the game and pug's are going to be a bitch because you can't carry someone that sucks at his class.  One or two bad players in your group will cause a wipe.  Healers & tanks that know what the fuck there doing will be in high demand so if a server is short on these classes it will cause a problem.  Encounter with Large boss mobs will also be an issue for melee classes because there field of view will be restricted due to the size of the mob and they might not see the mobs "tells" when a big attack comes....meaning that some sort of teamspeak will be needed and a range class will need to quarterback the flow of action......and don't get me started about pvp, crafting and political systems because they have not shown shit about those things yet......maybe after FGT3 they will.

cheers.....

Good points. I will say that mob AI should work the same in GW2 as it did in GW1 where enemies will go for the weakest players first, which will make active blocking and control more important than with normal MMOs where you have a tank taunt over and over to keep aggro. As far as scaling goes with the number of players, not only does the HP go up on enemies, but they gain access to new abilities to help deal with higher amounts of players.

With what you said about TERA is true in ways, I think (in my opinion) smaller scale groups in dungeons make it more interesting than larger 10-man or 25-man raids. You have to become a better player to get access to the higher end stuff, but the bad part of that is that it will most likely shut out the more casual players. That or they'll have to be carried by a very strong group. The same can be said of GW2 (if they keep end-game stuff 5-man only).

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

What?

Tera so far looks like any other exploitative eastern grinder. This season the "weapons" are a bit bigger and the "armours" are a bit skimpier but that's just about it.

There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING in Tera to whet a gamer's appetite. No new mechanics, no "joy" to it. It's all about sexier avatars and "harder" politics. Lol. Dicks and twats festival if I ever saw one.

It might work in countries that have restrictive anti-porn firewalls but that's just about the only appeal I can detect there. The forbidden fruit syndrome. "Come look at my lance." Lol. "The Lancer".. Oh come on....

/sigh

go back to sleep

Your post is foolish at best,  posting without understanding the content is fools gold.  you must be a f2per.

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

You got loading screens when entering a house? At least that was what he said... I don't like loading screens whenever I enter or leave a building...

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

I have yet to see active blocking and dodging in GW2, so please if you have a video that shows that please post it.  If you watch the zerg video that shows the dragon boss mob you can clearly see how dumb downed the encounter is.  Disreguard the overused lighting effects for skills and ghosting /clipping through the mob and players, you can see that the mob is so perdictable with his attacks.  I'm sure you can find a safe area to stand and just spam your attacks without getting killed and if you do somehow manage to get killed there are 30 peeps around that can rez you . lol

NO GW2 will definitely not be a heaven for pve freaks.  It will be all about pvp and even that is in doubt due to there direction of classes or the lack thereof.

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

I have yet to see active blocking and dodging in GW2, so please if you have a video that shows that please post it.  If you watch the zerg video that shows the dragon boss mob you can clearly see how dumb downed the encounter is.  Disreguard the overused lighting effects for skills and ghosting /clipping through the mob and players, you can see that the mob is so perdictable with his attacks.  I'm sure you can find a safe area to stand and just spam your attacks without getting killed and if you do somehow manage to get killed there are 30 peeps around that can rez you . lol

Dodging as a mechanic is visible in virtually all of the GW2 demo videos, but check out the GameTrailers 9-part videos for the clearest view of them in action. Shield block is skill-activated (see Warrior skill videos and Warrior skill page) but off the top of my head most players did not play Warriors in the demo and/or did not use Sword and Shield as their weapons so I'm not sure we have that in action outside of skill videos. If you want to dismiss the existence of Shield blocking as a tactic based on lack of video evidence that is your prerogative, but there's no precedence thus far of ANet claiming a skill exists that does not.

The Shatterer boss was outright stated to have been dumbed down, aside from the fact that it was set to spawn/respawn on set intervals (rather than at the end of a long and involved series of events, in the live version) so that players would have the chance to experience the fight. As for the predictability, I didn't see any difference between its telegraphed tells and TERA bosses' telegraphed tells (are you suggesting that TERA mobs don't have tells that indicate attacks? That was the entire point, from what I gleaned in the numerous videos I watched. If TERA bosses are unpredictable, what's the point of being able to block or dodge?).

I certainly didn't see anybody standing around spamming attacks, especially given the Shatterer's ability to a) encase players in crystal, b) spawn minions to run around and tear up the backline, c) cast AoE damaging breath, and d) fly up and stomp AoE upon returning to the ground.

Finally, if you would like to continue moving the goalposts as to what makes GW2 objectively inferior to TERA, congratulations, you have an undefeatable argument. Talk about blocking and dodging, then change the subject to zerging and collision detection, then to boss AI. You don't like GW2 because you don't like it. Fine, enjoy your dislike.

Originally posted by sidhaethe

Dodging as a mechanic is visible in virtually all of the GW2 demo videos, but check out the GameTrailers 9-part videos for the clearest view of them in action. Shield block is skill-activated (see Warrior skill videos and Warrior skill page) but off the top of my head most players did not play Warriors in the demo and/or did not use Sword and Shield as their weapons so I'm not sure we have that in action outside of skill videos. If you want to dismiss the existence of Shield blocking as a tactic based on lack of video evidence that is your prerogative, but there's no precedence thus far of ANet claiming a skill exists that does not.

The Shatterer boss was outright stated to have been dumbed down, aside from the fact that it was set to spawn/respawn on set intervals (rather than at the end of a long and involved series of events, in the live version) so that players would have the chance to experience the fight. As for the predictability, I didn't see any difference between its telegraphed tells and TERA bosses' telegraphed tells (are you suggesting that TERA mobs don't have tells that indicate attacks? That was the entire point, from what I gleaned in the numerous videos I watched. If TERA bosses are unpredictable, what's the point of being able to block or dodge?).

I certainly didn't see anybody standing around spamming attacks, especially given the Shatterer's ability to a) encase players in crystal, b) spawn minions to run around and tear up the backline, c) cast AoE damaging breath, and d) fly up and stomp AoE upon returning to the ground.

Finally, if you would like to continue moving the goalposts as to what makes GW2 objectively inferior to TERA, congratulations, you have an undefeatable argument. Talk about blocking and dodging, then change the subject to zerging and collision detection, then to boss AI. You don't like GW2 because you don't like it. Fine, enjoy your dislike.

post link to video and skill please

As far as the rest of your post...meh it's obvious you don't understand the difference between an action game and a traditional click to target / lock on game.   Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong but from what I have seen GW2 is is not packing a punch when it come to pve, lets wait and see how the pvp stacks up...hehe

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

Right now, these are the 2 main games I've been really waiting for. They're both beautiful looking games with potential but I know never to judge a book by it's cover. I won't really judge a game until I get to beta test it which I can't wait to do :)

• sidhaethesidhaethe Member Posts: 861

As far as the rest of your post...meh it's obvious you don't understand the difference between an action game and a traditional click to target / lock on game.   Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong but from what I have seen GW2 is is not packing a punch when it come to pve, lets wait and see how the pvp stacks up...hehe

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/guild-wars-2/11916

There are 9 parts, I am not linking them individually. I believe you can see active dodging in every one of them.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/ - warrior skills and features

My point, stayontarget, is that a) if having a non-targeting combat system is the most important feature in a game for you, GW2 is obviously not going to be your choice, but it does not make GW2 an objectively worse game than TERA, and b) MY criteria for a game is not so much how action-oriented the combat is (because I frankly don't care, though I know that not everyone feels the same way) but how much of a role the storyline takes in the gameplay, and the lack of a personal storyline doesn't make TERA objectively worse than GW2 either, although it is not a game I wish to play.

I have played both non-target (target reticle) games AND traditional click/lock on games and what I am telling you is that GW2 uses a soft-targeting system, which is neither of the above. If you can dodge a fireball and RNG doesn't determine whether or not a fireball hits; if it is possible to throw a fireball and have it land short of your target because you are not in range to hit them, how can you honestly claim that it is traditional target/lock on combat?

I don't object to your lack of interest in GW2, but in the characterizations that there is only one way to look correctly at gaming and the lack of objectivity in comparing gameplay elements.

• yoyoblakayoyoblaka Member Posts: 32

I'm really digging the FFA concept in TERA, haven't played that style since lineage 2. 

I'm really sick of the faction pvp, I just find FFA pvp forces people to do more clan vs clan wars and such that are open world battle for mob spots that I love. 

The whole faction vs faction instanced pvp is totally played out imo anyways. 

On a side note I really didn't like guild wars 1. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/guild-wars-2/11916

There are 9 parts, I am not linking them individually. I believe you can see active dodging in every one of them.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/warrior/ - warrior skills and features

My point, stayontarget, is that a) if having a non-targeting combat system is the most important feature in a game for you, GW2 is obviously not going to be your choice, but it does not make GW2 an objectively worse game than TERA, and b) MY criteria for a game is not so much how action-oriented the combat is (because I frankly don't care, though I know that not everyone feels the same way) but how much of a role the storyline takes in the gameplay, and the lack of a personal storyline doesn't make TERA objectively worse than GW2 either, although it is not a game I wish to play.

I have played both non-target (target reticle) games AND traditional click/lock on games and what I am telling you is that GW2 uses a soft-targeting system, which is neither of the above. If you can dodge a fireball and RNG doesn't determine whether or not a fireball hits; if it is possible to throw a fireball and have it land short of your target because you are not in range to hit them, how can you honestly claim that it is traditional target/lock on combat?

I don't object to your lack of interest in GW2, but in the characterizations that there is only one way to look correctly at gaming and the lack of objectivity in comparing gameplay elements.

Thank you, this is the first post in this thread that has merrit and I respect your opinion.

but still your link does not show an active skill in any sort of way but that is to be expected because Arenanet is not making an action mmorpg here.  They are making a B2P game that will cater to a broad public,  it will be fun, easy, and quick to jump in and mix it up. 

I'm not going to talk about this topic anymore because everyone knows where I stand on it and how I feel that Tera will be more of a challange when it's all said and done.

Later peeps and may you have fun in whatever your playing................................................out