Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropia Times puts out its first issue! An online magazine for Entropians by Entropians.

On August 3rd, the staff at EntropiaPlanets embarked upon a journey that ultimately led to this day. It is with great pride that we unveil the launch issue of our premiere magazine EntropiaTimes.

For about a year, EntropiaPlanets has brought you breaking news, player profiles, interesting articles, and exclusive interviews. We have received lots of positive feedback as a result, and for quite some time now, we have entertained the idea of expanding our efforts to include a much broader scope of communicating information, news, and entertainment.

Developing the EntropiaTimes magazine
from the initial idea to its current status as an Entropia magazine was truly a collaborative effort. The staff at EntropiaPlanets (aka The E-Team), have dedicated a great deal of time, energy and effort toward producing the most quality product possible. However, some of our Entropians don’t even know that they were indeed silent partners in this effort while we captured photos, asked questions, and picked their unsuspecting brains to collect the content we needed.

Of course, there were those with whom we shared project details to secure the kind of exclusive content that we have been able to bring to you. We wish to thank those who have taken time out of their busy schedules to contribute, and look forward to future magazine content that keeps us updated and informed.

We recently introduced the EntropiaPlanets Media Center, which has been a vital part of the production of the launch issue of the magazine, and will continue to add an important element toward achieving our overall goals. As the Media Center expands, so will our efforts toward providing the Entropia community with informative, exciting, exclusive, and entertaining content. Not only for future magazine issues, but for the EntropiaPlanets front page in order to keep news current and revolving.

EntropiaTimes will be published quarterly – September (Fall), December (Winter), March (Spring), and June (Summer) around the 12th of the month.

The magazine is made in an interactive way, meaning that it contains links to wiki pages and websites. This is the case for regular text links, but also for the advertisements within the magazine. Linked text will have a blue colour, so you can easily see where they are. If you hover over a link, your cursor will change to a little hand and if you click, the link will open up a new browser window. This gives us an even better opportunity to provide you with background information.

We created a new EntropiaTimes forum for discussion of the magazine. This will also be where we will add a link to each edition of the magazine, to make it easier for you to find it. The forum mentioned can also be accessed directly by browsing to www.entropiatimes.com. There are two versions of the magazine. One is an interactive version, in which you can navigate between the pages by hovering over the corners of a page, and the other is a regular PDF version. Be aware, that it might take a few minutes to download the files

The magazine currently is only available digitally, but if there is enough interest in it, we could explore possibilities of getting it in print as well. We estimate the cost to print at roughly 250 PED per copy, which would include shipping. Feel free to let us know if for that price you would be interested in receiving a printed copy. Once we reach a minimum of 25 interested people, we will approach a printer company and see if we can get things done for that price.

From all of us here at EntropiaPlanets, we would like to wish you lots of reading pleasure

New Issues Quarterly!

Next Issue Dec 12, 2010

Download your copy via PDF file, or view our interactive version!

Article originally posted by Lykke at Entropia Planets

Crappy, petty people breed and raise crappy, petty kids.

Comments

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I can't seem to view the interactive version when I click the link. All I'm getting is the front page of the magazine, but no way to turn the page/read the mag.

I don't play Entropia but this is a great idea. I wish more games/mmorpg's would do this:)

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

I get the same thing.  You can use the back/forward buttons if you right click the IE window to fix this.  Its something I have brought up to the team behind the scenes that needs to be fixed.   This first issue, being the first, is one we will be listening to alot of feedback from the community on and correcting things just like this!

:-)

Hope you enjoy the reads, once you are able to view everything!  Theres tons of information here, and lots of pictures too -- tee hee

Cheers,

-MR

• LykkeLykke Member Posts: 9

Hey there :) it's interactive 'turn pages'. You go to the corner of the magazine page and click your mouse one time, and it will turn the page. You can even see the page moving ;)

It was sure fun to make the magazine, and I can hardly wait starting on the next issue :D

Thanks to all people - and the MediaTeam for providing the content! AWESOME team work from the E-Team! Great work to all people - and to the whole community. Some are in the magazine without even knowing this is what they contributed for :D

www.entropiaplanets.com
    www.afterworldforum.com

• EU_RAZEREU_RAZER Member Posts: 85

Hey was just on my way here to post the new magazine and what ya know, someone laready beat me to it.

Checked to see the problem with the flipping pages and it seems IE has no problem with it (thank god) it is what Lykke said, move your mouse to one of the corners of the page and click or hold the mouse button and turn the page yourself. Planning to add some arrows for the next one :)

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I hate getting older cause my age seems to be pushing my brain cells away. Thnx for the info on how to view the interactive version:)

You sure it's the age?   image image

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Manticore is pleased to provide supplimental hosting and bandwidth for the PDF version of Entropiatimes!

The premiere issue brings us news, articles, interviews, and great images from the game produced by notables from many different sectors of the Entropia Universe.

Simply put, this is the best Entropia publication since The Gate back in 2002/2003!

Visit Manticore's web page here, then click on the “EntropiaTimes”  tab and right click on the September issue to download your very own copy!

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

It's pretty good to read that the next planet 'NEXT ISLAND' will be up and running next month and even better to hear the CEO of the company say it :)

• dar_es_balatdar_es_balat Member Posts: 438

Originally posted by EU_RAZER

It's pretty good to read that the next planet 'NEXT ISLAND' will be up and running next month and even better to hear the CEO of the company say it :)

Absolutely!  This is great news.  My girlfriend and I have been waiting for Next Island.  She wants to check out the Amazon jungles, and I want to spend some time in the Ice Age. :-) 

The most amazing thing about the Entropia platform is the ability to completely change MMO scenery while keeping your character.   Let's face it.  Most MMO's if not all of them play essentially the same.   If you want to try a new game you have to spend countless hours grinding your new character up.   Entropia has solved this problem.

I think those 2 destiantion will ba around a bit after the innitial launch, but they will be great indeed

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

I sat down last night and re-read the entire issue thoroughly.  The priemere issue is really a great piece of work, and I'm now anxiously awaiting the winter edition!  :)

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society