Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't Create An Account?

gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

they don't seem to be quite ready for this weekend

get mostly "unexpected error" trying to use turbine website

anyway i've downloaded the hi-res client twice (the first one didn't have a .exe to actually start the game) really, really slowly and now i can't seem to create an account after installing

after clicking on "need a username?" from log in screen a new window opens to show the shop chart along with an area on the right side to enter email, username, password and all - click "get started" and what appears to be a full screen trying to inhabit the same area as what i just used to enter my info pops in - fortunately i can scroll by holding down mouse button but it just gives me 2 choices of trying LOTR for 10 days free or DDO - oh well - tried it anyway but you eventually come straight back to the same area to enter email, username and all - all over again

i get the same results if i try to create account from "account support"

any ideas?

Comments

• ViscVisc Member Posts: 89

It's not just you. I posted the exact same issue just a few posts down. "Am I the only one?" Some people claim to be getting in with no issues. Their site is broken. Awsome way to start things off.

• egamegeekegamegeek Member Posts: 23

Well I am kinda relieved to see that I am not the only one having this issue. I hope they fix it soon I was looking forward to playing LOTRO.

• aciduacidu Member UncommonPosts: 2

y same pb..i think  if u r not in U.S. u can't make acount...check languages,if  u select oher u get that free trial think

• egamegeekegamegeek Member Posts: 23

OK I got in to the game. All I did was download the game to my comp then I went to a different computer(My daughters) and made an account from thier website on her computer. For some reason no bugs or errors popped up while I was on there site with her computer. Then I went back to my comp started the game put my info in and I was in middle earth.  So if your still having trouble try making an account from someone elses computer

• gkb3469gkb3469 Member UncommonPosts: 148

Originally posted by egamegeek

OK I got in to the game. All I did was download the game to my comp then I went to a different computer(My daughters) and made an account from thier website on her computer. For some reason no bugs or errors popped up while I was on there site with her computer. Then I went back to my comp started the game put my info in and I was in middle earth.  So if your still having trouble try making an account from someone elses computer

i honestly dont think they knew what was coming for them yesterday. i checked the server stats around 3pm and they already had double their previous player base. i aslo heard the hit a major lag fest last night around prime time which is the speculated reason for the quick fix happening right now.

edit: its deffinitely worth the wait guys. im having so much fun. i play on riddermark: armoredmonkey or tacticalnuke

• echiyaechiya Member Posts: 26

servers down right now give it time