Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly Klingons, Content is for Feds!

2»

Comments

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Originally posted by moters

Taken from sto forums.

Dstahl questions if KDF progress is worth it due to complainers: Quote inisde

Does that mean I'm going to stop making KDF content? Nope. I want to, but instead of working with me, I feel like people would rather flame away and say I'm not doing a thing about it. Really? Do you really think?

From my perspective - in my shoes - my content team has bent over backwards for the KDF and at this point - I'm starting to question if its worth it because people don't seem to care that we've done what we've done.

Link to thread

.http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=179469

A dev who cant take some complaining shouldnt be one no matter the game people complain.

LOL, they're suggesting they should stop working on the Klingon faction?  They already did.  Before the game went live.  The faction is no better than it was when the game went live.

Edit to add:  They don't seem to like the idea of halting development of the Federation in favor of the Klingons, but DAMN, do they LOVE ignoring the KDF in favor of the Federation's development and TLC.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• DinendaeDinendae Member Posts: 1,264

Originally posted by Warmaker

Good ideas have been put up in their forum since we first realized (at least when STO went live) exactly how lacking the KDF faction was.  Many others, including myself, put up ideas of things to add to the KDF as well as the overall game.

Those idea threads for the Klingons took place even before the game went live, posted in both in the beta forums and in the normal forums (from people who weren't beta testing, but who had figured out how lacking the Klingons would be from what little they had been told). Additionally, there were many threads with very good ideas for Klingon oriented missions that were much more than go kill X of X. It make me wonder how any future factions will be (such as the Romulans); if they have them fleshed out, the Klingon players will (rightly) cry foul.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

A dev who cant take some complaining shouldnt be one no matter the game people complain.

That has been going on since the game went live; I've lost track of the number of times the devs have posted about how their feelings were hurt by one comment or another.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

• Mr_CyberpunkMr_Cyberpunk Member Posts: 71

It's funny that the developer can get so burnt easily by immature comments- and then react just as immature.

The C-Store isn't a reward, its a punnishment.

• ScramjetScramjet Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

1. No Klingon Content

2. Constant nerfing of Klingon vessels

3. Stagnant PvP

4. Lack of  Klingon PvE

5. Poor Game mechanics

6. No Interest in playing Feddy

7. Cryptic constant catering to Feddy

8. Recognition that this game had become a cheap money grab.

These are the reasons I left STO, I'll just hope that it fails miseribly at this point. I'd rather not wait 10 years for another attempt at a Star Trek MMO. I'd be happy if Blizzard ( owns Activision ) at least attempted another variation of SFC series. For all the issues SFC 3 had it was at least fun.

Blizzard DOES NOT own Activision.   It was a merge.   Activision absorbed Blizzard.   The CEO of Activision is now the CEO of Activsion/Blizzard.  Bobby Kotick.     Don't hold your breath on ActiBlizz to bring quality mmo's to the table.   Read up on the CEO.

Revenue is his main concern.  Good for business, bad for gamers.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by Scramjet

Blizzard DOES NOT own Activision.   It was a merge.   Activision absorbed Blizzard.   The CEO of Activision is now the CEO of Activsion/Blizzard.  Bobby Kotick.     Don't hold your breath on ActiBlizz to bring quality mmo's to the table.   Read up on the CEO.

Revenue is his main concern.  Good for business, bad for gamers.

Yes Call of Duty comes to mind. Make a small game that you pay 59.99 for, publish lots of map packs for downloadable content. Think they do the same with Guitar Hero.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

Originally posted by Mr_Cyberpunk

It's funny that the developer can get so burnt easily by immature comments- and then react just as immature.

You would think that they would have people with thick skins interacting with their clients. After all, their business is reliant on repeat business.

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Think they do the same with Guitar Hero.

It was my understanding that the guitar hero games had a good number of songs available in each one. Is this not so?

• Mr_CyberpunkMr_Cyberpunk Member Posts: 71

For all the issues SFC 3 had it was at least fun.

^QFT, also people still play it, and someone even made an STO mod for SFC3.. which is both funny and sad at the same time lol.

What I think made SFC 3 so great was that there was no cookie cutter classes, and each of the skirmishes you'd fight in was different (assuming you played multiplayer), it then became much more tactical and about RvR.. something I feel STO badly needs. There's no sense at the moment of doing anything meaningful, at least SFC made it feel like when you took over a territory you were having a huge impact on the other players- granted though SFC3 was lacking in fun outside of combat.

Starfleet Academy was a great Multiplayer game if you could get it going, and what I feel is how STO should have been really, because it had that sense of pure epicness during multiplayer, every space sector could be warped into, and players could play as traders, buy upgrades (or tribbles is they wanted lol).

And of course we have Birth of the Federation which again plays right into that RvR thing. Cryptic are idiots, they've got great gameplay in the past of star trek gaming, and yet they still continue to fail at realizing it.

Also yeah ground combat should really be re-designed to be more of an FPS, and they could do it quite easily. Most people were expecting an experience similar to Elite Force RPG where you could push buttons on the control pannels ect- not this WoW clone instanced bullshit.

I fucking hate cryptic so much. Wasted potential. And I thought Bethesda did enough crap to Star Trek already, but god damn.. this is probably the worst yet.

• SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188

Originally posted by Dinendae

Originally posted by Sevenwind

Think they do the same with Guitar Hero.

It was my understanding that the guitar hero games had a good number of songs available in each one. Is this not so?

You could be right. I am uncertain. I don't play it but have friends that do and they gripe all the time because they have to purchase new songs because they've beaten the ones on the disc in no time. I wouldn't say top score but enough they are satisfied.

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

That has been going on since the game went live; I've lost track of the number of times the devs have posted about how their feelings were hurt by one comment or another.

Personally, I give 2 s**ts about how their feelings were hurt by negative comments.  They're a business.  They're taking people's money.  They shoveled out a totally substandard product on the expectation that the "Star Trek" name would do all the work for them.  People have been calling them out for their inept execution of this game and treatment of the IP.  I mean, they ARE fleecing people of their money.  IMO, Cryptic deserves worse, considering this is their pattern of behavior after several games that they've put out.

F**k 'em, I say.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Personally, I give 2 s**ts about how their feelings were hurt by negative comments.  They're a business.  They're taking people's money.  They shoveled out a totally substandard product on the expectation that the "Star Trek" name would do all the work for them.  People have been calling them out for their inept execution of this game and treatment of the IP.  I mean, they ARE fleecing people of their money.  IMO, Cryptic deserves worse, considering this is their pattern of behavior after several games that they've put out.

F**k 'em, I say.

Didn't you hear the UCG is going to be the savior of the game ? Cryptic is hyping this as the next big thing for the game. Why do the work yourself , when you can get paid to have people to do it for you for free.  lmao . If the UCG follows other Cryptic execution trends it'll be a failure.

Originally posted by AG-Vuk

F**k 'em, I say.

Didn't you hear the UCG is going to be the savior of the game ? Cryptic is hyping this as the next big thing for the game. Why do the work yourself , when you can get paid to have people to do it for you for free.  lmao . If the UCG follows other Cryptic execution trends it'll be a failure.

I hope there's a long enough string of failures for that game to shutdown.  So that hopefully some better company can give a proper Star Trek MMORPG.

I hope there's a long enough string of failures for that game to shutdown.  So that hopefully some better company can give a proper Star Trek MMORPG.

You're looking at it the wrong way: as Star Wars has shown, you do not need the first MMO in that IP to shut down in order to get another (hopefully better) one made; it just takes time and the IP owner realizing that someone can do better. Unfortunately CBS has so far shown that they are not really vested in the franchise for the long run. They are the ones that need to be convinced to allow another developer to give it a go. Good luck finding someone who would be willing to touch the IP now (who could also do it justice).