Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter Online?

Holst86Holst86 Member UncommonPosts: 57

Hi guys

I just saw on a Swedish game(that sell games) site that a game called Neverwinter will be released fourth quarter of 2011 made by Cryptic studios. I also read on a Swedish blog(from 2009) that suggests that Neverwinter online will be made and also reveals the time at the end of 2011.

Do anyone know anything more about this?

I havent check much on google or the mmorpg.com forum(I made a search on the forum ofc) so if anyone else have writen about this I apologize.

But I'm very curious about Neverwinter cuz Forgotten realms is my one and only D&D pnp setting :-) and it would be awesome if they made a mmo about Forgotten Realms. Just a shame that it doesn't seems like Bioware will do it :(

Anyhow what do you guys know? You got any info or links about it?

I send the Swedish pages about it

First one is to the game seller page(the info text is in english)

http://www.webhallen.com/spel/pc/113697-neverwinter

the second is completely in Swedish(you can pehaps googletranslate or something :P)

http://mmonly.se/2009/neverwinter-nights-3-blir-ett-onlinerollspel/

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Stay far far away from anything Crypitc makes.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Member Posts: 1,106

i have to admit. I'm incredibly afraid to even look at this game. As a huge, huge fan of Neverwinter Nights, I have to say that putting it in Cryptic's hands is asking for trouble...

~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

imageimageimage
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

There's actually quite a few things out there already on Neverwinter. What I've read so far is that it's not really an MMORPG but more of Multiplayer Online game similar to Diablo 2 but with the capability of sharing your created quests etc online.

I have no problem with this, as long as there is no subsrciption fee. If there's a subscription fee, then they need to offer a ton of content.

Here's the link  http://www.playneverwinter.com/

• MAnalogMAnalog Member Posts: 86

Originally posted by Torgrim

Stay far far away from anything Crypitc makes.

It's kind of sad how low this company has fallen.

• AnatoAnato Member Posts: 5

fourth quarter of 2011 :(

• JDGalisJDGalis Member UncommonPosts: 143

There are some threads about this over on the Pub section on the forums here.I'm worried on what they will do & pull, like no DM. I'll say again on what I said in the other threads..... Sigh...Cryptic...doesn't mean you can doesn't mean you should.

And also the pay method is up in the air don't think anything has been said by a dev yet but if its a sub fee, F THAT I'd rather play Bioware's Neverwinter.

Introducing the best signature ever!

[signature] Best Signature [/signature]

• jokertranjokertran Member Posts: 5

Why? what's with this cryptic company? I have played neverwinter nights before and did enjoy it thus making me wanna try this game when it will come out. But too many negative... no I mean violent reactions lol. What did this company before.

• striker09dxstriker09dx Member UncommonPosts: 197

....of all companies, why cryptic?

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82

Cryptic got its start making City of Heroes, which is (generally) a more-or-less well-liked game. Then they got the license to make a Marvel Comics MMO, and sold CoH to their publisher, NCSoft. Most of the development team stayed with NCSoft and Cryptic hired a bunch of new devs. They lost the rights to Marvel midway through development, and gained the rights to the Champions IP. They released Champions Online, which is a terrible, terrible game.

They then used the same questionable engine to spit out Star Trek Online (who knows how they acquired the rights to THAT IP) in less than 18 months. This game is also considered a terrible, terrible game.

Now, they have acquired the rights to ANOTHER beloved IP, and are going to use the same engine to release the game in a similarly short time span. Considering how awful Champions and STO are, most fear for the new Neverwinter.

EDIT: I'm dumb and it didn't quote properly, so this is in reply to the post two above this one.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Due to the name alone, it pisses me off.  First of all, why just Neverwinter?  The Forgotten Realms is such a storied world.  It's miles above Eberron in popularity.  I'd love to be able to take a character and walk through the Forgotten Realms.  Then comes Cryptic.  Apparently attempting to get their hands on any and every IP that has a following to it.  Why make a good game when you know that you're going to get enough D&D fans to make money from garbage?  That's what Cryptic does.

Please let it be only about NW and nothing about the rest of the Forgotten Realms.  Do not ruin it for the rest of us and destroy the likeliness of another developer that doesn't suck creating a MMO about FR.

• HerochevHerochev Member Posts: 7

why is it cryptic lol...

• rfbanrfban Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by DAS1337

Due to the name alone, it pisses me off.  First of all, why just Neverwinter?  The Forgotten Realms is such a storied world.  It's miles above Eberron in popularity.  I'd love to be able to take a character and walk through the Forgotten Realms.  Then comes Cryptic.  Apparently attempting to get their hands on any and every IP that has a following to it.  Why make a good game when you know that you're going to get enough D&D fans to make money from garbage?  That's what Cryptic does.

Please let it be only about NW and nothing about the rest of the Forgotten Realms.  Do not ruin it for the rest of us and destroy the likeliness of another developer that doesn't suck creating a MMO about FR.

Why so much hatred lol?

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Originally posted by rfban

Originally posted by DAS1337

Why so much hatred lol?

I guess you dont know Cryptics track records huh?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.