Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a game i can truly immerse myself in

Brentwood25Brentwood25 Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.  I know this gets asked a hundred times a day, but i need to ask for my own sense of sanity,  I will give you a idea of what i enjoy and hopefully you can all give me some awesome ideas

I am a Star Wars fan, i have been since i saw it at the drive in all those years ago

I love pretty much anything sci-fi with a lean to Dungeons and Dragons

I have just recently been getting into all things post appocalyptic

I like to group up, but i revel as solo

F2P or P2P its all good

I like suppport classes mainly, having played the usual suspects like WOW and SWG and LOTRO

I havent pvped much but would like to learn

Endgame is fine but i hate the whole idea of running instances 100 times to gear and a month later its out dated

I hope this is enough to go on, if not let me know and i will update as needed

thanks in advance

Comments

• Tenk575Tenk575 Member UncommonPosts: 116

Eve maybe? Eve is a game that you can really immerse yourself in. Not really my cup of tea, but still. I was actually considering giving it another go myself, but I'm not confident. It isn't the typical game I enjoy.  There is a whole lot to it. It really is a beautiful game with a pretty loyal playerbase.

Fallen Earth has the post-apoc thing going on. I haven't heard very good things about its population though. I think the game is taking a hit as of late, could be wrong.

Good luck!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • knapleknaple Member UncommonPosts: 56

Originally posted by Tenk575

Eve maybe? Eve is a game that you can really immerse yourself in. Not really my cup of tea, but still. I was actually considering giving it another go myself, but I'm not confident. It isn't the typical game I enjoy.  There is a whole lot to it. It really is a beautiful game with a pretty loyal playerbase.

Fallen Earth has the post-apoc thing going on. I haven't heard very good things about its population though. I think the game is taking a hit as of late, could be wrong.

Good luck!

Fallen Earth was a fun game for a while. I got to level 25 and found out there is really no point in leveling because there really isnt any end game content..... except some below average PVP. 

But as for the thread I am looking for a game as well. I am hoping that Final Fantasy 14 does better then people say it is going to be. I played closed beta and had a lot of fun but people in open beta are strongly disagreeing so I guess we will have to see in a couple weeks. 

~Knaple~

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

I think Fallen Earth was pretty immersive (didn't play it for some months). With the realistic looks, no fast travel, some realistic aspects (like needing fuel/food for mounts and to actually aim), and especially because of the open landscape (no loading screens or invisible walls or such crap).

Requires a good computer though.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177

Darkfall is the game that I can immerse myself in more than any other. It is the only MMORPG that I play where I feel like I need headphones and cannot listen to music while I play. Upcoming graphics revamp and environmental sounds added along with mobs that skill up until they raid a nearby player-city will no doubt in my mind make this the most immersive game ever. It already has the biggest no-instanced world in existence without invisible walls. Darkfall has provided a rush for me that other games cannot compare to because of not having safe-zones, how it feels to fight and interact with opponents and the battleground, taking risks that feel a lot more real than in most games, mounted and naval combat without level restrictions, and being able to take other peoples stuff. It is the one MMORPG where I feel the need to put on headphones and turn off the lights to live a second life where I am free to do what I want without having to run from NPC to NPC to unlock content or being forced down some storyline with instances.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA