Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My depressing story about my account and Aion Support (UK)

Miner-2049erMiner-2049er Member Posts: 435

I'm writing this post largely from frustration, I'm hoping for any suggestions but write also to warn others of what has happened to me.

__

Last Thursday I logged onto Aion. My main character was in the same location as I'd previously played but was wearing stuff I'd never bought for the character. I opened the inventory and lots of stuff had gone.

My first thought is I'd been hacked, but this gave me a few questions.

Why would my character be wearing different gear as opposed to nothing?

Why would my character be in the same spot?

How could I be hacked? (I double checked all my recent emails and I'd certainly not responded to a phishing mail).

I don't know I'm just not really sure what does happen when hacked.

So I immediately make a support ticket in game. Within MINUTES I receive an email and I log out.

___

Greetings XXX,

Thank you for contacting us. In order to protect your account from unauthorized intrusion and protect your characters we have temporarily suspended your account until we can ensure that only you have access.

At this time, we need to verify that this is indeed your account. Please update this support ticket with as much of the following information as you can:

-- What first and last name did you use when you created the account?

-- What physical address did you use when you created the account?

-- What date of birth did you use when you created the account?

etc. (cut)

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

GM XXX

Aion Support Team

___

Now this all seems reasonable. I quickly get the information they ask for and return the mail. This was 8 days ago.

I have re-emailed 3 times and double checked the email address. Still, I AM SIMPLY GETTING NO REPLY. (I have checked my spam folder).

I really don't know how to proceed. I cannot now access my account to find a GM in game and I have no other email address to the one I've been given.

I have played the game for 10 months and have spent a decent amout of time playing a number of characters (one at level 43). I like the game and wish to play it. It feels as if all this has been stolen and worse is that ncsoft is simply not responding.

Does anyone have any (reasonable) suggestions? I would expect an MMO to have some requirement to provide a service. I can scarely believe that I have not even been contacted.

Comments

• medmarijuanamedmarijuana Member Posts: 282

similiar situation happened to me. I haven't gotten my account back and its been 2  months , but I gave up trying about a month ago and unistalled the game.  It's not worth it anymore. Yea, I liked aion and invested all that time into it, but fuck it , better games are on the way.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551

this tells me to never contact a GM in game for any reason cuz they don't know what they are doing....

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• illspawnillspawn Member UncommonPosts: 81

Honestly close to the same thing happend to my wife when the game first came out and it took a few weeks for them to clear her account. She did in return get all the stuff she lost ; she did not get her time back she lost.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

NC Soft's customer support is non-existent.. Trust me.. I've seen friends get banned and chars stripped for no reason.. About the same time i quit one of my closest legion mates got this done to him RIGHT after he proc'd his miragents leggings on first try (lucky bastard) and finished getting his armor + wep.. The reason being was suspicious transactions on the auction house, lol..

He kept in touch with us on our legion website for a few weeks.. Frequently updateing us about what NC Soft was doing.. Eventually he just stopped posting after NC Soft quit replying to him.. I checked out his char on aiononline.com a few months after i had quit and he was still stripped lol.

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Strange, strange indeed.

Here's my story with the NCsoft support:

I got an email saying IP 204.xxx.xxx.xxx had changed the password, and that I had to contact NCsoft support if this wasn't me. But I get tons of these fake ones. But in addition to this NCsoft password mail, I had another one saying the game time card was a success. And then I WTF'd.

I entered my NCsoft master account to check if the game had any gametime, and it had! So I mailed back to the NCsoft support, that my account had been compromised. But that I think I could get it back(since I had possession of the NCsoft password and account).

I got an answer pretty fast, like the one that the OP got. And I answered them, but my email had more questions like the unique ID and last 4 numbers in the CC etc. But I got a few emails from them, saying the password for NCsoft and Aion was changed. So I got answers pretty fast from them. I think all this was done in 1-2 days at most.

• staticmousestaticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 14

Here is one for you. 

I started my account at launch. I was unable to play so I let the account go inactive after the 30 days was up. So my account has been inactive since and I log in to play for their free weekend. Two out of the three characters on my account have been stripped  of all gear and gold. One still has some gear and gold, but parts of the armor are missing. The shield was gone, ect...

I make a support ticket on the website and they suspend my account. After I send them all the info they ask for (keys for ALL ncsoft games on my account) they unsuspended the account. But I was still unable to log in. This is still during their free weekend so I should have been able to. I send another support ticket stating that I can't log in. They reply that my account has no time left on it. By then it was Tuesday and the free weekend was over.

That was several days ago and still have no clue where my gear is or what happened to it.

Only thing that I can think of is that during the server mergers is when the gear disappeared.

• Blake187Blake187 Member Posts: 1

I also have a depressing Aion story:

I bought the game direct download on 8/3/10 played until maintence 1.9.3 patch and server merge.  First i had the access is denied problem for days until i re downloaded and re installed.. Finally i got it to update but then my name and pw wouldnt work.This was Friday night and my account wouldnt work on the website nor my support account (which is separate) so i couldnt call until Monday(today) So i call and the tech guy said it looks like your account has been hacked and banned...He transferred me to account in which i was on hold for 72 minutes(long distance) Finally someone answered and i said my accound isnt working they hang up and i tried to call back but office was closed...Aion is a fun game if u can get it to work..Not worth buying twice though

• Vion1xVion1x Member Posts: 188

another storry ... here we go.

i had my accounts for many years, and got like 7 games on it or whatnot. i was inactive on any of them for quite some time duo to other games, but then i decided to play aion again. i got to play for 5-6 days, when all of sudden my account was suspended, i got the msg where they ask for information blah blah blah and gave the info right away.

now, i cant play guildwars or any of the other games from NCsoft, for a reason i do not even know. and im still waiting for an answer, but seems like my master account is gone if ½ of this thread is true.

my point is, i just lost 7 games for a reason i dont even know.

• OhDearOhDear Member Posts: 2

Hi, another hacked account story here =/

Quite same story,  my items were selled and kinah sended to the one character on current server.  

My account was hacked around 22-23.8 I just wondered why i cannot login (dumb me). Just mailed ticket for "forgotten password and cannot reset it" at Support Account Password Assistance and waited.

Then next day i decided to check my character status on "Live Status" Aion homepage and did see some of my characters couldnt be found or all items were missing. So i mailed fast new ticket with something "Account Hacked". Surprisingly i was contacted quicky by support and they deleted the original  "forgotten password" ticket and asked my unique Id and keys for the NCSoft account verifying. After successful password reset (This time i did get a message about successful password change) they asked to login into game and see if any of items or kinah were missing. Oh well..

I answered to the question and next message from support was" I am transferring your ticket to the Aion Support Team to further assist you. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible." And there i have been since, waiting for futher instructions.

My password was only used in Aion...i havent used it in anywhere else or i have not received any phishing emails and no one else is using this computer. I do have other passwords and other important stuff my desktop but nothing related on Aion and they are perfectly fine..no other email accounts of games have been hacked or messed around,  Aion is first and only so far :P

I did have one flaw and it was the same login on both ncsoft and game account But that means ncsoft login is not so secured as it claims to be. Either someone has been tapping to the ncsoft login page or server data have been leaked. (i just cannot belive its just  coincidence that so many same kind of hacked accounts cases just appears.)

Question to the all the people here who had their account hacked. Did you have the same ncsoft master account and game account login? Just curious.

• P3nnyG1rLP3nnyG1rL Member Posts: 11

Sounds very similar to what happend with me and Square-Enix regarding my FFXI account.  In the end I had to physically call them via phone, was a long and harsh process and I left the game because of that fact but I did get a solution.  Have you tried phoning them rather than just emailing?  Could help. =)

• OhDearOhDear Member Posts: 2

Hello again,

Just stopped by to say that my account has been restored. It was quite inventory mess but, nothing that can be sorted out. 

This morning got "mass" message from support that these cases take around 14-days to restore (not too fast eh?) Then 2 hours later got another message from support person "I'm pleased to report that I've been able to restore most of the items that were lost along with your Kinah" or something like that. (checked them and all items were there plus kinah)

Lets see if different passwords at the master account and the game will do the trick...

Good luck  ladies and gentleman with your cases.

• P3nnyG1rLP3nnyG1rL Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by OhDear

Hello again,

Just stopped by to say that my account has been restored. It was quite inventory mess but, nothing that can be sorted out. 

This morning got "mass" message from support that these cases take around 14-days to restore (not too fast eh?) Then 2 hours later got another message from support person "I'm pleased to report that I've been able to restore most of the items that were lost along with your Kinah" or something like that. (checked them and all items were there plus kinah)

Lets see if different passwords at the master account and the game will do the trick...

Good luck  ladies and gentleman with your cases.

Oh good to hear your problem was resolved!

• AmbreAmbre Member UncommonPosts: 104

I was thinking about resubbing and trying Aion 2.0 but reading this thread does make me much more hesitant. They really need to sort this out, 14 days to reopen a hacked account ? Blocking all the Ncsoft games of the players from the same master account (GW, CoX... etc) during this time ? More than 1 hour wait on the phone to reach their customer service, just to get no real answer ? Hell, no. They can't build this "western friendly", "we listened to us" new image as they claim to, and at the same time maintain such a low customer service support.

Check my blog on mmorpg.com.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Did any of you contact support over the phone?

My response was the exact opposite, like many of you I haven't played since right after launch.  I bought my cdkey online, so I didn't even have the Aion cdkey, all I had was my CoV, and two guildwars keys.  She basically led me through and exact dates for what emails were sent, I went through my old messages, found the dates, found the keys.

It took about 30minutes including wait time on the phone to handle this.  I sent a support ticket in yesterday afternoon just so they hopefully get back to me(and it looks like the whole waiting wasn't happening for a whole weekend as I know it takes two days or so for them from previous stuff)

Always call, a voice is much easier to work and believe. Then again, maybe since I had two kids making a buttload of noise and one of them starting to cry the lady was more about getting me squared away then anything else.