Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardware mouse patch fix dosent work anymore?

LinaInversaLinaInversa Member CommonPosts: 66

On the 7th of this month I had downloaded and installed (backed up my .exe) the hardware mouse fix. Today I log in and the gameup dates itself and when I install the hardware mouse patch again the game crashes when trying to boot, replaced it with my backed up .exe and it works. Anyone know if there is a newer version of the hardware mouse patch fix?

Comments

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

you need to wait for the patch people to make a new patch for the new update.

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

Just have to wait like the rest of us, I'm sure Cliff is busy.  I can't even log in after reverting back to the original exe.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Originally posted by JT

Just have to wait like the rest of us, I'm sure Cliff is busy.  I can't even log in after reverting back to the original exe.

That's the funny and somewhat potentially disheartening part: This game is only playable for me depending on 'Cliff' to make a patch.

• JTJT Member Posts: 401

Originally posted by dhayes68

Originally posted by JT

That's the funny and somewhat potentially disheartening part: This game is only playable for me depending on 'Cliff' to make a patch.

I agree.  Of course, someone will blast us for saying this and tell us to just use a controller.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

Originally posted by JT

Originally posted by dhayes68

Originally posted by JT

I agree.  Of course, someone will blast us for saying this and tell us to just use a controller.

I can't stand controller personally, but keyboard-only does just fine. It's definitively a console port, no matter how I look at it (which is why it's a lot more intuitive with a Keyboard-only since you basically just play as if you were using a controller but instead it's a keyboard.).

Better support for mouse would be great though since I often have to handle various task outside of FFXIV while I play. Though I have found a noticeable improvement with the Mouse since the patch on Sept.7 I believe.

• terroniterroni Member Posts: 935

You can just become tri-dextrous like me and use all three methods to control it =/

Drop the next-gen marketing and people will argue if the game itself has merit.

• SinistradSinistrad Member Posts: 67

It took me several tries but I got the game to boot and the patch is working. I downloaded whichever version was available here (http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/13698/ffxiv-mouse-lag-fix/) this morning.

I think the reason the game wasn't getting to the title screen was because of the patch. I didn't do anything different, it just started working; much to my relief. I thought I had gone and screwed up my files. My only guess is that you need to be online for the game to even launch. Though, there is always the possibility I accidentally fixed whatever was broken without knowing. I do that sometimes. Don't ask me to tell you what I did. :)

Oh, one possibility is, I ran the mouse unpatcher on the old .exe file, ran the game patcher again, then re-installed the mouse patch. I can't be 100% certain, however.

It looks like the lobby server is still down however. It should be up, according to SE, at around 9PM PST.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

cant blame ff 14 on console port, its not out on console, its out on pc and getting ported to console =p tards

• SinistradSinistrad Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by neorandom

cant blame ff 14 on console port, its not out on console, its out on pc and getting ported to console =p tards

I can only assume you have not played it then, judging by your remarks. I can't imagine a single reason why you should even be replying to this thread other than the obvious...

They may be releasing the PC version first, but it was developed as a console game as well. There's a reason so many people are ditching the keyboard and mouse to play it with an Xbox 360 controller. Anyway, both versions are being developed together, which means neither is technically a port of the other.

I agree though, it PLAYS like a console port.