Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype this game! Good or Bad but only if you honestly tried it.

I am liking this game very much. I would like to see some hype, good or bad, just try it and rate it here http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/541/view/hype

If you havent tried it, dont bother and if you have, be honest and rate it please!

Comments

• Mud_MonsterMud_Monster Member UncommonPosts: 229

I'm 61 Sage 7 and have enjoyed the game.  I already gave the game a high rating in Hype.  Best F2P experience I've had yet.  I'm surprised this game isn't more popular on this site.  Forums are practically dead and only 18 people have hyped it?  Game feels populated though.

• yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

i agree that the game was refreshingly populated. If you find yourself with noone around, switch realms at the click of an in game button, realm 3 is always hopin. I just wish some of the players would rate it here but i guess they are too busy enjoying the game to bother lol  thats not a bad thing really.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

I've been playing this game on and off myself and it has been one of the best F2P experiences i've had.

Steam: Neph

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

i am also new to this game. so far its the best FTP game out there and dare i say better then alot of PTP out there.  and this is the first game i ever spent RL money on in the gift shop. and that means alot seeing as how i was not for spenind moey like that on a FTP game. and you dont need to spend money on it really.  i just did it for this cool outfit lol.  

and i still dont know what faction to join lol. there all 3 really good from what i have heard. and best game ever really for me.

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

Just got a chance to try this game out last night and I am really enjoying it. Played until 5 am before I realized what time it was and forced myself to quit. I was quite surprised with how much I like the game; it has the right amount of old world classic Asian martial arts action and historical type influents without going all weird and anime-ish. it is pretty MMO standard and very user friendly for a Eastern developed game which is refreshing after experiencing the awkward, unintuitive, sluggish and over-menu-fied grind that is FFXIV. I like the feel of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms influence and the ease of getting into it. I will definitely be playing HoTK for sometime and I can easily see myself dropping some money on the item shop here and there, which I swore to never do but HoTK has me breaking that oath hehe.

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

I play'ed the game in OB and it was fun. The only thing I did not like about the game was that there was just way to many types of currency.

• yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

sumed up nicely, my sentiments exactly

• harvschmarvharvschmarv Member Posts: 83

I've played this game to about level 16 now, and I love it! I enjoy how little I actually know about the game - there's alot of cool things to do that I've read about that I have personally yet to engage in. Gameplay is fun, I enjoy the classes, having a blast. Aika was good - this is great!

• BlackdefBlackdef Member UncommonPosts: 55

Great game and im very pickie now that ive been playing MMO for 10+ yrs now, quest are endless, daily events, specail events, ffa pvp, faction pvp. what more can you ask for?

• xxlilDevilxxxxlilDevilxx Member UncommonPosts: 245

This game is awesome, I picked up this game couple weeks ago and I just cannot stop playing.

Not only this game has the already mentioned daily quests and pvp, it also has daily and weekly events like fishing contest, treasure hunting...etc.

The cash shop items are unnecessary and mostly fashion clothes. I already spend some money in the cash shop for the clothing I like and it still cost me less then a full game. I think it is much more worth it to test out the game, pick whatever I like instead of spending $60 for a game that only last for a week...*cough* Warhammer online *cough* Champion online *cough* All points Bulletin *cough* Global Agenda *cough*

Yup I like this FTP mmo more then all those super hyped AAA title.

The only bad thing about this game I can think of are as follow:

1) not all the weapons are released yet

2) crafting is weak, materials can be bought and harvest nodes weird (some cannot be harvest at all and cannot gather woods)

3) exp and gold are hard to come by in higher levels, which may also be a good thing because the gold in this game will always have a value to it.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

If you can play it into the 60's++ you can not say it's a good game whatsoever..

Not only is it a mindless grind of "go kill of " quests that reset/change as you level up, the PVP is freaking absurd..

The whole faction combat is awful and the actual PVP is ridiculous because of the "pay to achieve" system.

Everyone high enough knows it, the PVP is basically impossible with the 2 guys that must have sunk almost a grand into the cash shop.  They can't be killed unless they don't fight back to "show off" and do about 30 times more damage then everyone else...  Even gauntlet's will be killed in 4 hits max with most dieing in 1-2, everyone dies in 1 hit to crit which also has increased modifiers to the point where it's like 1 in 5 hits with the gems.

It's become like a GM with "invincible gear" is joining in the events it's so unbalanced, lol..

Without the PVP you really don't have much of anything to do, you could farm campaign dungeons forever and ever while hoping to get gems that "kind of compare" to their equipment, but that gets old fast..

If you want to "have fun" with the pvp, or play the game for the long run you had better be willing to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars, much like their other games, except MUCH WORSE then usual..

thats alot of crap you just said there to be honest. you dont need to spend alot of money in cash shop just to be good in pvp at all. only time really you have to spend alot of money in the cash shop is when you own a clan/legion. thats when it cost some money.

other stuff is not really needed at all. very sure you did not play the game at all or just played to level 5 lol.

• Hellfyre420Hellfyre420 Member Posts: 861

The only thing i could see makeing a difference in cash shop is the Gem Combos but so far no ones been stupid enough to purchase them (besides the GM's.) And honeslty it only gives you a few % over the next guy..

Btw sunk $40 in today for my kirkin fashion and dragon mount :)

Currently Playing:
    Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

lol ya the fashion thing is cool. only cost like 10 dollers. i am waiting thou for them to come out with alot more thou. i got one set and stoping there. they always seem to come out with cool ones every 2 weeks or so.

Originally posted by punkrock

lol ya the fashion thing is cool. only cost like 10 dollers. i am waiting thou for them to come out with alot more thou. i got one set and stoping there. they always seem to come out with cool ones every 2 weeks or so.

Yea but they also get rid of the cooler sets quickly too lol.. The first female hero set that came out looked SO cool.. Then the lame pink dress one came out and the first one was gone.. I ended up getting the Deluxe Package (Tranquil Set) from a friend which was IMO the coolest fashion out for the females for a while.. Then i logged in and saw the kirkin set and fell in love.. And then i saw the mount and *drool* lol..

I never planned on buying another fashion set (or spending any $$ on the game actually) but i had to get them while they lasted (it says the dragon mount is only avaliable limited time idk bout the fashion tho.) Tottaly worth it imo.. I've been playing this game pretty heavily for the past month and half so i dont mind spending $40.. That's usually what i pay for a boxed MMO w/o any free time included.

Currently Playing:

same here!   i am going to buy some of the stuff. i got the guy set one it looked awsome. 

what is your toons name in the game?

i am still pretty new only level 25 lol

• avantmorteavantmorte Member Posts: 5

the game is good, friendly player base. world chat is filled with flaming every saturday after state wars lvl 50+ thing.

the biggest cons at this point are cs players can be a bit op, especially is they are a hookswords or gauntlet. dont be suprised when being 1 hit by hookswords.

that and its split between 3 factions u choose 1 at lvl 40, currently majority of game is joining shu making pvp 1 sided.

im lvl 65 in game and with wei so pvp can be annoying during state wars sometimes but Tbh its one of the best f2p games ive played.

Originally posted by avantmorte

the game is good, friendly player base. world chat is filled with flaming every saturday after state wars lvl 50+ thing.

the biggest cons at this point are cs players can be a bit op, especially is they are a hookswords or gauntlet. dont be suprised when being 1 hit by hookswords.

that and its split between 3 factions u choose 1 at lvl 40, currently majority of game is joining shu making pvp 1 sided.

im lvl 65 in game and with wei so pvp can be annoying during state wars sometimes but Tbh its one of the best f2p games ive played.

Honestly cash shop dosn't do much for this game.. It gives you fashion, which you can add Rune Jades too.. It also gives you Gem Combos but atm Enciel i think is the only one with them cuz they cost so damn much (like $300 per gem, needing 3 gems per combo) and can be farmed later on in the end-game instance.. So really, you're jus being pwn'd by a hookswords because they are OP in general.. Cash shop players don't have that much advantage unless they feel like sinking thoudsands of dollars in, and atm theres only one player that has these combos..

Also Wu is the biggest faction atm.. Shu+Wei have been teaming up in order to fight against them.. Some of the top Shu+Wei legions are rotateing tomb + state wars but Wu is still putting up a good fight.. If Wei+Shu werent working together then it'd be really chaotic lol..

Currently Playing:

• avantmorteavantmorte Member Posts: 5

Originally posted by Hellfyre420

Originally posted by avantmorte

Honestly cash shop dosn't do much for this game.. It gives you fashion, which you can add Rune Jades too.. It also gives you Gem Combos but atm Enciel i think is the only one with them cuz they cost so damn much (like $300 per gem, needing 3 gems per combo) and can be farmed later on in the end-game instance.. So really, you're jus being pwn'd by a hookswords because they are OP in general.. Cash shop players don't have that much advantage unless they feel like sinking thoudsands of dollars in, and atm theres only one player that has these combos..

Also Wu is the biggest faction atm.. Shu+Wei have been teaming up in order to fight against them.. Some of the top Shu+Wei legions are rotateing tomb + state wars but Wu is still putting up a good fight.. If Wei+Shu werent working together then it'd be really chaotic lol..

when did u last play? hades went to shu Enciel isnt  nearly as geared as DarterBee the heades legion leader and the entire legion is considered op cs users. cs is a high lvl thing mainly with the use of coal for purple tier 5 weapons and higher, gem combo's and rune jades, and rally orders to get best inn gear. u can do it all with out of coarse..

but that would take forever. Enciel hasnt been on much same with several other high lvl chars like evilsister.

wu is losing owns least land shu is winning by like 7 or 8 states own.

• AmorzkaAmorzka Member Posts: 28

I have a 59 lvl hooksword and a few 40 lvl alts and I do like the game. The extensive pvp is a bit trying though.