Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What news from PAX would restore your faith in the game.

TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

I was wondering for all of those people out there in gamer land still following this train wreck, what news could nEt deVIL possibly give you during the PAX time frame that would restore your faith and interest in the game.

I say around the PAX time frame because their not actually going to be at PAX.

For me its.

• Squad  / Guild owned Structures

• Squads ability to destroy or possibly capture other squads stations.

• Nation Conflict as a backing story and not the be all and end all of the game.

Comments

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Given that there's very very little info been released about the game to date, how one can jump to the conclusion that it's a "train wreck" is comical.

They're not showing at PAX this year.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Originally posted by Hagonbok

Given that there's very very little info been released about the game to date, how one can jump to the conclusion that it's a "train wreck" is comical.

Frequently one of the early warning signs of an MMORPG "train-wreck" is a disturbing lack of hard information so the conclusion is not that far fetched.

Failure is the most likely outcome for a majority of MMO's under-development so hoping for the best but assuming the worst is usually a more appropriate viewpoint to take.  (you get to laugh last a lot)

Back on topic.

I'd like some hard evidence that they're building a worthwhile game, and not just struggling along as yet another underfunded development effort.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

ND is NOT bringing JGE to PAX. JGE will not be at PAX.

The reason being stated is that their team is focusing on getting beta ready.

However they do plan to release info and game footage. In fact we have a few new pics three ship show cased and a trailer to start things off.

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

Originally posted by Hagonbok

You say that only because you dont know the history of moving into alpha getting close to beta then having to go back after alpha feedback and almost totally redesign the game, moving from a game being pimped for years as being a massive space sand box, with hauling , trading, mining, pve and pvp to now be nothing but a core pvp game with focus on pvp and RvRvR, bottom line is that they totally change their game, and when they told their fans about it, the backlash was immense, at least on their forums it was.

Not only that but now their European Publisher, Code Masters is being forced out of the loop, and being kept in the dark not being given any new information on the game which is killing the EU community, the only news the EU fan base gets is stuff posted over by US fans or EU fans that also check the US boards.

Yeah I would call it a Train Wreck for sure. but then, I have been here waiting on it since they first announced it which is bloody years now, so if you have just come along to the game then you wont know its history and might think all is well.

ANYWAY. I will say that I hope the above does not put anyone off, if they can provide some depth to their PVP and RVR focus then the game could still be a pure Diamond. so like I said, holding out till PAX to see what information they reveal about the PVP and RVR game mechanics.

I really do hope they announce squad/guild owned stations that we can fight over, for me that would save the project.

• HagonbokHagonbok Member Posts: 365

Huh? I most likely "know the history" much better than you do.

Although it's way too early to know what kind of game it's going to be, I'll still applaud them actually listening to their testers and moving to fix and change their game based on the feedback they received and what they saw. Especially after so many companies lately that have essentially ignored their testers and /or have released what they knew to be crap anyway. Those games are the ones that have been train wrecks.

There wasn't "immense" backlash at the changes either. It was just a few vocal followers that nerd raged is all. Most people have either been positive about the changes, or have taken a wait and see attitude. The more info that's getting released the more positive people seem to be getting too.

• AristidesAristides Member Posts: 172

I thought they've taken the game to PAX at least once previously, maybe twice.  How is it not fit to show now?   "Concentrating on beta" sounds nice, but I sure hope it's not marketing speak for "we changed our minds about big stuff again".

Showing the game at PAX would seem to have been a great way to drum up more positive attention, media and otherwise, and they need attention after the last year of mostly quiet.  People are forgetting this game.

• MrNecronMrNecron Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by Dvalon

I was wondering for all of those people out there in gamer land still following this train wreck, what news could nEt deVIL possibly give you during the PAX time frame that would restore your faith and interest in the game.

I say around the PAX time frame because their not actually going to be at PAX.

For me its.

• Squad  / Guild owned Structures

• Squads ability to destroy or possibly capture other squads stations.

• Nation Conflict as a backing story and not the be all and end all of the game.

The news which will restore my faith... at this point... is "It's released!!"

Becuase I still just think it's vaporware. This whole on again/off again, devs play musical chairs while we fund it and pull funding....

Well thats just plain silly.

• TaiphozTaiphoz Member UncommonPosts: 353

There is a Publisher issue, but at the moment we I don't think there are any Funding issues, thankfully.

And I'm sure its not vapour ware, there was some new media released recently, screen shots and new ships shown, the new website is also nice looking and has the promise of more faction information being added soon.

Dont recall the dev, but it was hinted that we will find something else out at the end of the month, its possibly they are now on a monthly release schedual of information, which would be nice.