Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

smelting?

neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

so ive figured out you need to turn ore into nuggets and so on, but to do so (i managed to puzzle out that 3 copper ore and 1 tin is a combo to make bronze) requires you to have a smelting knowledge you dont get from the armor/smith/goldsmith class weapons and fire crystals.

my questions:  how/where/when do we get the smelting knowledge?

can we turn fire shards into fire crystals somehow?

Comments

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

i c u guyz lookin, no hintz for me yet?  i see smelting on guild point guys for 5000, but theres no armor guild in the place i started and im armor smithing, and even if i do find the armor guild at some point, how do we earn guild points?  and can we turn our massive amounts of fire shards into crystals or must we find crystals in tact?

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

oops nm.  you have your answer.  if you want to learn it then you gotta get guild marks from the guild that sells it.  You can either learn a new profession or buy the stuff from other players.

that doesnt tell me how to get 5000 guild marks, ive done levels, local ones that craft this or that, and to my knowledge not gotten any guild marks.  ive chatted with guild npcs, i dont see how to get these things.

• dinh100dinh100 Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by neorandom

i c u guyz lookin, no hintz for me yet?  i see smelting on guild point guys for 5000, but theres no armor guild in the place i started and im armor smithing, and even if i do find the armor guild at some point, how do we earn guild points?  and can we turn our massive amounts of fire shards into crystals or must we find crystals in tact?

Guild points are earned from higher lvl leve (lvl 20 and up from what i heard).

Fire (or any elemental) shard can be transformed into crystal if you use alchemy. It's also obtainable randomly from lvl 10+ monsters.

The recipe for fire crystal is : Fine sand + shard x16 = crystal. Fine sand (Sea Sand (or River Sand) x6, Lightning Shard x2 and Wind Shard x2) are from goldsmithers

so you need to do level 20+ leves to get smelting to make basic level 1 metal armor, wonderful.

• Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

so ive figured out you need to turn ore into nuggets and so on, but to do so (i managed to puzzle out that 3 copper ore and 1 tin is a combo to make bronze) requires you to have a smelting knowledge you dont get from the armor/smith/goldsmith class weapons and fire crystals.

When you select what you are going to craft and are about to hit the commence button, it does have Smelting in the description. However you can still make the Bronze Nugget.

Actually if you read the descriptions of pretty much everything you craft, they all require some knowledge. So I'm not quite sure what the point of the skillsbooks are that you can buy. I haven't bought one yet and haven't had a problem crafting anything so far because of lack of skillbook knowledge.

ok atlan that helps, im still missing fire crystals though, found a good way to get them?

so you need to do level 20+ leves to get smelting to make basic level 1 metal armor, wonderful.

Not currently. Unless they change things a t launch. However you might need mulitple jobs leveled to make certain items.

For instance to make a Bronze Waraxe you need to level Leatherworking. If you want to do it all yourself you would have to level 5 or 6 jobs.

• sephiroth112sephiroth112 Member UncommonPosts: 55

firefly drop fire crystal

but drop rate is low -.-

ok atlan that helps, im still missing fire crystals though, found a good way to get them?

Killing higher level mobs. Their was a mob that reminded me of a mosquito that dropped them sometimes. Carrion Cruge or something.

I can make Lighting Crystals but can't make Fire Crystals yet. Might have to level Blacksmithing some more.

A tip would be to buy them with your retainer. The only catch is you have to have them to buy them. So if I want to buy 2 Fire Crystals. I have to have 2 and give them to my retainer to search for more to buy.

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

Originally posted by Atlan99

A tip would be to buy them with your retainer. The only catch is you have to have them to buy them. So if I want to buy 2 Fire Crystals. I have to have 2 and give them to my retainer to search for more to buy.

Yeah, that's annoying.  I can understand needing to have one of them just so the game can understand what you're looking for without having some kind of giant database you're searching, but only allowing you to buy as many as you currently have on hand is wrong-minded.  I hope they fix that.  For that matter, I hope they add the big database option for stuff I don't have but want. ;)

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Originally posted by Atlan99

When you select what you are going to craft and are about to hit the commence button, it does have Smelting in the description. However you can still make the Bronze Nugget.

Actually if you read the descriptions of pretty much everything you craft, they all require some knowledge. So I'm not quite sure what the point of the skillsbooks are that you can buy. I haven't bought one yet and haven't had a problem crafting anything so far because of lack of skillbook knowledge.

I noticed that a L5 alchemy recipe that requires culinary training is way harder than a L5 recipe that doesnt.