Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Populations Status

FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Anyone keeping track of the server populations these days?  I'm curious how much of a jump the game has seen and if there was an early spike when F2P went live, that has sicne died down.

Comments

• vyper21oovyper21oo Member Posts: 48

I have  played a few times in the night  time  and in all honest the search  shows  less then 10 people playing.

Noble and true, you are the hero other heroes aspire to be. You are a natural leader, selfless and kind, who will put the lives of others above your own, and are steadfast in your pursuit of justice.
    Take the quiz!

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I think they have around 200 new players.

Some numbers trickle higher at a very slow speed.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by Blutmaul

Maybe that's how many new accounts they have, but not concurrent users logged in game at once. Nowhere close.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by Synthetick

Maybe that's how many new accounts they have, but not concurrent users logged in game at once. Nowhere close.

I rarely see other players online when I play.  Frankly, it's like a single-player game most of the time...

~Ripper

Originally posted by rhinok

I rarely see other players online when I play.  Frankly, it's like a single-player game most of the time...

~Ripper

I've been thinking about giving it another shot. With Spellborn recently closing down (and I hate seeing any MMO close down due to how close a user who enjoys it can be with it, regardless of my feelings) I started to figure Alganon might not have that long left as a working MMO, so maybe now was the time to jump in, see all the changes, and whathave you.

Still refuse to pay a dime to support Mr. Smart, especially after the personal verbal attacks, but I'd like to see the last remaining part of David Allen's vision for this title, if it's still there at all. What's your toon name ingame Ripper?

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

~Ripper

I've been thinking about giving it another shot. With Spellborn recently closing down (and I hate seeing any MMO close down due to how close a user who enjoys it can be with it, regardless of my feelings) I started to figure Alganon might not have that long left as a working MMO, so maybe now was the time to jump in, see all the changes, and whathave you.

Still refuse to pay a dime to support Mr. Smart, especially after the personal verbal attacks, but I'd like to see the last remaining part of David Allen's vision for this title, if it's still there at all. What's your toon name ingame Ripper?

I do not know much about the game but I read the FTP model in the game made it impossible to play for free. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

~Ripper

My main is Critix Skulfax (Kujix on Adrios), but I'm on the road this week and probably won't get too much play time due to crappy hotel wifi.

~Ripper

Originally posted by MMOman101

~Ripper

I do not know much about the game but I read the FTP model in the game made it impossible to play for free. 

Yes and no, IMO.  So far, I've played up to level 19 for free quite successfully.  That being said, I'm irked that it costs money to be able to chat publicly with other players.  To me, that's ridiculous and probably a big turn off for many players.  I also won't be able to level beyond 30 and will face other limitations unless I pay.  So, while I can play some of the game for free, I can't even chat with other players, nor is the entire game free. 

I'm not opposed to paying, in general, but I am opposed to aspects of it's revenue model. I'm also generally opposed to paying for something that, although fun for me (so far), has so many issues that it's basically a beta quality game (IMO). 

~Ripper

~Ripper

My main is Critix Skulfax (Kujix on Adrios), but I'm on the road this week and probably won't get too much play time due to crappy hotel wifi.

~Ripper

Trust me, used to dealing with the hotel wi-fi access. Have to look you up in a week or so. I'm curious about a lot of the group content, would be ideal to find a few more and have a few attempts at some of it, if possible with a free account.